IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

ISF boring??

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-16, 08:05 PM
v8MyFusion
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

"faster than my 350 at least" I can confidently say I have never lost to any z in a race in my IS 350. tbh the 350 is the faster car....and tbh if you're a z fan you shouldn't be on any forum anyways, you should be at home coloring.
Old 09-09-16, 08:12 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by v8MyFusion
"faster than my 350 at least" I can confidently say I have never lost to any z in a race in my IS 350. tbh the 350 is the faster car....and tbh if you're a z fan you shouldn't be on any forum anyways, you should be at home coloring.
Hahaha thats what I thought too. But the 350z HR is in fact faster. Maybe not stock for stock but mod for mod yes. I guarantee my buddy's bolt on tuned HR will beat any IS350 (even header tuned ones) that isn't supercharged at least. They have some major top end that rivals v8's. From what I've read the HR with those simple mods can crack a 107 mph trap speed or so if driven right. I didn't believe it at first but it's true.. But hey at least we have 4 doors, luxury, reliability, looks, and resale lol.
Old 09-09-16, 11:20 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 254 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by TsunamiF
Stop worrying about what other people think. If you want an IS-F (which you've made very apparent with multiple threads and posts on the forums the past few weeks), buy an IS-F.

You're sure to get different opinions based on what forums you're on.
^^^totally agree with and about all of that....

V.
Old 09-09-16, 11:30 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Vitveet

V.
If you read my very big CLARIFICATIONs you'd know that's not why I made this thread.
Old 09-09-16, 11:34 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 254 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by 2URGSE
Those Z owners can be interesting to deal with. I was on one of their forums back in 2004 and ended up buying a Subaru WRX STi.

Shortly after they started bashing my car and then banned me for good.

An ISF is a car the Z would have dreamed to be IMO.

You'll be happy with the purchase, and will forget all about those clowns.

Here are some of the useless and dumb comments they made:

"get the F then you will drool over the next Z you see on the road!"

"If you are thinking of an ISF then get the better car the M3 BMW. Then you can have the wow factor back.​"

"Every corner you take you'll be thinking about how you're dragging that extra 7 inches of wheelbase and 500 lbs. of weight through it. But if you only care about driving in a straight line, then go for it.​"

"IMO there's nothing 'sporty' about a 4 door sedan. The IS-F is a great car for a family man that needs a couple extra seats and works an exec gig where he needs to truck around clients from time to time."

"And what someone else said already... No Toyota is worth 60 clams."

"Looks like a mom car."

What a collection of non-sense.

Not sporty?

Work as an exec gig? I'm not an exec......LOL

A car for the family man.......hmmmmm what family? maybe my parents when they come visit. If you meet a hot girl and she and her friends need a ride home......

Extra 500 lbs? Yes.....also an extra 101 ft-lbs and extra 84 horsepower......2 more cylinders and bigger displacement. (Can't beat cubic inches)

I thought it was worth the 60+...........and isn't a dime a dozen around on the road.
Haha! Very true! I wonder how many of those guys are driving an ISF now....?!?! Come on guys! I know you're here on this forum now!! Admit to waking up and smelling the roses finally!!!
But yea, I've driven and worked on 370z's...pretty much a VERY cheap feeling version of an infinity g37. You wouldn't believe how cheaply made the Nissan's are....I've stripped them down to its bare bones. Clips are cheap, panels are cheap, layout is cheap, connectors are cheap....they just look decent and are decently reliable if taken cared of properly and non molested.

V.
Old 09-10-16, 09:50 AM
ISFwpg
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vitveet

V.
I also agree. Every couple days this guy asks our opinion about comparing his future ISF to other cars in different classes. You know where we stand from any one of your other threads
Old 09-10-16, 10:05 AM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ISFwpg
I also agree. Every couple days this guy asks our opinion about comparing his future ISF to other cars in different classes. You know where we stand from any one of your other threads
I take it you don't like to read?
Old 09-10-16, 10:08 AM
BLAD350
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The internet is full of asshats and haters with no credentials. Toyota/honda/nissan in terms of built quality and reliability. A 350/370z compares to an is350. Anyone remotely classifying a z as competition to an isf is off their rocker
Old 09-10-16, 10:09 AM
ISFwpg
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Tro209
I take it you don't like to read?
I read everything. Even your CLARIFICATIONS
Old 09-10-16, 11:12 AM
Tokenblkgy
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man this forum is on one lately!!! lol

Tim

We have talked offline but I'll just put this comment up here. No matter what car forum you visit, they have Elitist and haters of other car brands.. its just human nature. I have owned, Hondas, Toyotas, Nissans, Volvo, Saab, Sabaru's and most recently Lexus and all those forums I have been a part of, all have those people. I remember when the 5th Gen prelude came out ( 99 typeSH) and I purchased one brand new for 25K I was 22 ( i felt like the man lol). I had people in our car group that would look down on civic drivers, Teg drivers, and said the Type R wasn't all that... and some even said the new Lexus Is300 ( when they came out) were slower than the 5th gen prelude and looked ugly.. lol..

I was 38 when I purchased the ISF, some of you guys had a Lexus as your first car and much younger.. I always knew of Lexus but nothing they had really inspired me to consider them until the ISF came around. Do i care what 350-370Z guys say about the ISF, No, should you,.. No... get what you want and be happy..

I doubt anyone on this forum gives zero ****s what other car forum members feel about their cars,, as do those other car forum members.

We'll catch up more next weekend.

Ev
Old 09-10-16, 11:29 AM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

I read everything. Even your CLARIFICATIONS
So why do you assume I'm contemplating not getting the ISF? I posted the thread as a "for kicks" kind of thing. Just to see if you guys find other forums comments about the ISF being a boring mom's car funny. Not sure why you guys are upset.
Old 09-10-16, 01:12 PM
ISFwpg
Driver School Candidate

So why do you assume I'm contemplating not getting the ISF? I posted the thread as a "for kicks" kind of thing. Just to see if you guys find other forums comments about the ISF being a boring mom's car funny. Not sure why you guys are upset.
I've read all of your threads and you're constantly looking for us to validate the ISF for some reason. This is another click bait title, where you are bringing in all this BS other kids say on the play ground. It's the same as your thread " Please stop me before.. " in different words. Not trying to come across rude, it's just every time I catch up on the forum it's 50 percent your opinion and thoughts.

Last edited by ISFwpg; 09-10-16 at 01:18 PM.
Old 09-10-16, 01:21 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

I've read all of your threads and you're constantly looking for us to validate the ISF for some reason. This is another click bait title, where you are bringing in all this BS other kids say on the play ground. It's the same as your thread " Please stop me before.. " in different words.
The "please stop me before" thread sure. But that one was because I was in a rut and needed help. This thread isn't like that one and I am NOT looking for validation. I also posted that in hindsight I should have posted a different title for the thread but I cant change that once its posted. I meant it as in " They think the ISF is boring? Lol" is that any better??? You sure seem riled up about this. The forum is to post questions about the ISF and general conversation. What's so wrong with posting a new thread and giving us something to chat about? My intention for the thread was a good one and once again NOT for validation. If you don't like it, don't respond. I'm sorry if I came off the wrong way to you and honestly I can't blame you since I have made 2-3 threads seeking validation. However my mind is made and I'm getting the F regardless of what you guys say now. All I wanted to do was share this thread from another forum with you guys. My title sounds click baity but I didn't intend to have it that way and I would change it if I could. I think only Mods have that power though.
Old 09-10-16, 01:29 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

To sum it up, after 4 years of ownership, far from boring. We are not upset as much as amused by some of the comments that are flying around there. To say this is a "mom's car" or a Toyota Camry is to show a complete lack of automotive knowledge. Maybe it doesn't have a 6 speed manual, but that does not make it boring.

I don't think we had a member here who thought the car was boring, some ventured into the GTR and CTSV, some of them returned and some did not.

Old 09-10-16, 01:40 PM
ISFwpg
Driver School Candidate

This thread isn't like that one and I am NOT looking for validation. You sure seem riled up about this. The forum is to post questions about the ISF and general conversation. If you don't like it, don't respond. I'm sorry if I came off the wrong way to you and honestly I can't blame you since I have made 2-3 threads seeking validation. However my mind is made and I'm getting the F regardless of what you guys say now.
I'm not riled up. I'm just reminding you we've compared all these cars for you already, and when you ask for our experience on owning the car we have given them. As said up higher we don't care if other brands bash us. You said next August you can afford one, great. I hope you get into one and see what it's all about.

Quick Reply: ISF boring??