Dealership Horror Story

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-16, 10:16 PM
nks979
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by kitabel
" I would make them pay "
Exactly how do you make them pay? Sue them? Your case will on the calendar in 2 years. Your lawyer will charge you several thousand up front (it's not a personal injury, there's no contingency fee).
Now that you know they're idiots, why would you let them touch the car again? They're sending you a message: GO AWAY.
Do you know what they do when you threaten them? "Just bring it in", and it will still be there July 4th.
Yes, I know - it cost a lot of money, and it will never be new again.
It's not a Faberge egg. If this is the worst thing that's happened to you, you're in for a rough life.
Ok, enjoy getting walked over.
Old 09-18-16, 05:59 AM
whtdiamond
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not a cool experience at all. There are very competent dealers in this area thankfully; but they aren't perfect and I had my car delivered with a cracked piece of wood trim. I emailed the body shop manager when I got home, and he honestly asked when he could see the car again to make it right. Best service ever. Sewell by the way. So no, don't let them walk over you, call corporate if you believe its the right thing to do, and stand by what 'making it right' means. And yes, life is good if this is the worst thing that happens, but it's not your doing so there's nothing wrong with politely correcting the issue at hand.
Old 09-19-16, 07:50 AM
Lextasy4
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I expect the vehicles condition to be the same as when I brought it to the dealership. So kitabel your recommendation to "go away" is completely out of the question, you must work at a shady dealership...

Anyway I am expecting a call from the service advisor today to let me know if I should be taking my car to a 3rd party, or if their installer can "borrow" someone else's bay to redo it. FYI their installer is 8 months pregnant..

With regards to the bumper sag, it is only 2 years old and had no sag prior to them taking it off, so it was definitely related to them removing and installing it.
Old 09-20-16, 05:56 AM
Justin727
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Lextasy4
I expect the vehicles condition to be the same as when I brought it to the dealership. So kitabel your recommendation to "go away" is completely out of the question, you must work at a shady dealership...

Anyway I am expecting a call from the service advisor today to let me know if I should be taking my car to a 3rd party, or if their installer can "borrow" someone else's bay to redo it. FYI their installer is 8 months pregnant..

With regards to the bumper sag, it is only 2 years old and had no sag prior to them taking it off, so it was definitely related to them removing and installing it.
It's a shame you're getting the run around here. They should allow you to take it to a 3rd party for film since their dealer is under construction/renovation.. We usually don't mind doing that for customers if they have a trusted 3rd party installer.. Stuff happens and we own up to it to insure customer satisfaction and great CSI scores. Unfortunately all dealerships don't.
Old 09-20-16, 09:32 AM
mmartin061
banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kitabel
" I would make them pay "
Exactly how do you make them pay? Sue them? Your case will on the calendar in 2 years. Your lawyer will charge you several thousand up front (it's not a personal injury, there's no contingency fee).
Now that you know they're idiots, why would you let them touch the car again? They're sending you a message: GO AWAY.
Do you know what they do when you threaten them? "Just bring it in", and it will still be there July 4th.
Yes, I know - it cost a lot of money, and it will never be new again.
It's not a Faberge egg. If this is the worst thing that's happened to you, you're in for a rough life.
This is society in general. Not even only at high end dealerships. And it is an absolute shame. You give above and beyond the benefit of the doubt and they could care less. If you get rough with them then they even respect you less and say, "Sir, you don't have to talk to me that way...." I have had some dealerships treat me like I was a clown. Young kids that are looking for a way out and go to work selling cars a lot of times. There would have been 3 chances and that's it. Taking them to court, you don't need a lawyer.... small claims file it, waste more of your time and money to have a judge decide what happens? Thing is the know they have you by the *****. Sucks
Old 09-20-16, 05:48 PM
Lextasy4
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Drove the car for the first time tonight...they didn't even aim the headlights! This is just comical at this point. Oh and they did not call today like they promised.

Last edited by Lextasy4; 09-20-16 at 06:10 PM.