IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

anyone getting the grom vline?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-19, 04:39 PM
KYLS
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

GROM, I know we have asked before for change history. What is in the 1.1.9.0 update?? Where are the offline downloads for the VL2? All that I can find on the site are the VL1 files:
http://gromaudio.com/software-vl1.html
Old 02-01-19, 12:10 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

Received 151 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by zildjian89

I have tried all of those and still get the same results.
youtube app still not working, every time I click it only circle in the middle loading. For you guys, do you have to log in an account for the YouTube app?
carplay still the same, I activated it by pressing 10+ times then get the 2 options of automatically or manually connected. Still goes back to black and white icon after plugging it in. I’m thinking maybe I missed something that I need to plug wires in the back of oem unit? You have the VL2 right? Do you have pics of what’s the back of the headunit would look like after installation? Thanks!
Please update your unit to the latest OTA to fix YouTube. We will fix CarPlay on Monday.
Old 02-01-19, 01:30 PM
zildjian89
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gromaudio
Please update your unit to the latest OTA to fix YouTube. We will fix CarPlay on Monday.
Hello Grom, I updated my firmware and software right after I got it last week. So I have the latest versions. YouTube just loads without any thing on the screen. It also has no option to sign in my account. CarPlay still the same like I said from previous post. I hope the next patch fixes everything.
Old 02-01-19, 03:42 PM
KYLS
Pit Crew

Is OTA the only option now? In which case, there is no way to go back to a previous working version.

Last edited by KYLS; 02-01-19 at 04:57 PM.
Old 02-02-19, 12:22 AM
10lexus350
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scommando1
GROM has been throwing vertical bars at me lately. What's the deal? I don't want to pull over and restart my car every time in order to resolve the issue...
Yes! I get this every day now. Pretty much every time I turn on the car and start driving, it happens.
Old 02-02-19, 08:31 AM
KYLS
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by 10lexus350

Yes! I get this every day now. Pretty much every time I turn on the car and start driving, it happens.
Does it look like this (post 768)?
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...&postcount=768

if so, then it may need a new vid cable, or if your lucky twisting/repositioning cable might resolve it.
Old 02-02-19, 08:55 AM
zildjian89
Driver School Candidate

Youtube is working now. Just the Apple CarPlay is still the same.
I also get the vertical lines whenever I put back to drive when I backup. Sometimes GROM won’t even go back even if I’ve pressed the AUX many times. I had to pull up and turn off the engine and turn on to get it working
Old 02-12-19, 03:09 AM
baviaannl
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

@gromaudio may I ask how the 8.1 roll out is progressing? Things have gone quiet!
Old 02-12-19, 03:57 AM
zildjian89
Driver School Candidate

I still have the same issues (2 posts back above).
hopefully it can get a fix soon. I want to use AppleCarPlay. The white vertical lines are getting worse too when switching from backup camera and vline. It’s unsafe that I had to turn off the engine and back on just to make it work again.
Please fix GROM. Thanks!
Old 02-12-19, 04:03 AM
8cyl
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm interested in this but I keep seeing negative comments.
Guess I'll wait til they solve issues.
Old 02-12-19, 06:54 AM
baviaannl
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 8cyl
I'm interested in this but I keep seeing negative comments.
Guess I'll wait til they solve issues.
I've had my Vline V2 since August 2018... Hasn't missed a beat!

I think on 2 occasions in that 6 month period it has failed to boot, simply restarting the car fixed it on both occasions. I'd consider it one of the most reliable products I own.
Old 02-12-19, 07:05 AM
8cyl
Rookie

Originally Posted by baviaannl
I've had my Vline V2 since August 2018... Hasn't missed a beat!

I think on 2 occasions in that 6 month period it has failed to boot, simply restarting the car fixed it on both occasions. I'd consider it one of the most reliable products I own.
Thanks for your input,
I'm definitely interested and will get it at some point though. Of course there are more properly working ones than malfunctioning ones, I hope
I'm too busy with modding and detailing the car at the moment. I will look into it after those are done
Old 02-12-19, 07:09 AM
baviaannl
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 8cyl
Thanks for your input,
I'm definitely interested and will get it at some point though. Of course there are more properly working ones than malfunctioning ones, I hope
I'm too busy with modding and detailing the car at the moment. I will look into it after those are done
You'll only hear about the ones that go wrong on these forums, when things work great there's no reason to post.
Old 02-12-19, 07:15 AM
8cyl
Rookie

Originally Posted by baviaannl
You'll only hear about the ones that go wrong on these forums, when things work great there's no reason to post.
precisely,
Old 02-12-19, 02:24 PM
kennytbone
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey Grom, did y'all ever add the bluetooth profile for hands-free calling in the newer software/firmware updates? My VL1 is working just fine and I don't want to install updates to find out.

I understand why you wouldn't include it since factory bluetooth calling already exists, but there's one major problem for Lexus gen 5 owners with not having bluetooth calling on the VLine. When the factory bluetooth is in use, it locks out the infotainment screen from all audio devices, including the VLine (CD Changer 2) and just displays a black screen that says "Talking". This makes it impossible to use a navigation app and bluetooth calling at the same time.

If this hasn't been addressed in a newer firmware version, this represents a major functionality gap and I can't recommend the VLine to others until this gap is closed which is unfortunate because I'm otherwise very pleased with the system.

Quick Reply: anyone getting the grom vline?