anyone getting the grom vline?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-19 | 02:56 PM
GS3ooMania
Driver

Is this VL1 or VL2??

Originally Posted by gromaudio
We just rolled out the new Android update 3.1.0.0:
- New audio player for all plugins. More media formats supported, stable playback
- Reworked voice assistant. Still in works. Better support for voice search in plugins and directions
- Fixes for OTA updates that bricked some unit in the past. There will be no black screen anymore after update.
- Better third party apps management
- CarPlay/AA integration with the rest of the system
We will roll out the new car specific firmwares that address minor issues and add deep sleep ability to remove the boot phase. It will start up instantly.
Make sure to update Android first before trying car specific firmware update !

How to update
Make sure to connect to Wifi network with internet access to be able to install latest OTA updates.
Then click on Settings->About Device->VLine System Updates->Check For Updates
Old 10-13-19 | 06:55 AM
armourer
Rookie

Did someone already updated to 3.1.0.0 for VL2 ?

How is your experience so far ? Any issues ?
Old 10-15-19 | 06:00 AM
armourer
Rookie

I will replay to myself: upgraded, no issues so far ....
The following users liked this post:
gromaudio (10-15-19)
Old 10-15-19 | 06:03 AM
armourer
Rookie

Originally Posted by gromaudio
We just rolled out the new Android update 3.1.0.0 for VL2:
- New audio player for all plugins. More media formats supported, stable playback
- Reworked voice assistant. Still in works. Better support for voice search in plugins and directions
- Fixes for OTA updates that bricked some unit in the past. There will be no black screen anymore after update.
- Better third party apps management
- CarPlay/AA integration with the rest of the system
We will roll out the new car specific firmwares that address minor issues and add deep sleep ability to remove the boot phase. It will start up instantly.
Make sure to update Android first before trying car specific firmware update !

How to update
Make sure to connect to Wifi network with internet access to be able to install latest OTA updates.
Then click on Settings->About Device->VLine System Updates->Check For Updates
When the FW for LEX7VL2 will be ready ?
I think that deep sleep is the most important and most waited update so far ...
Old 10-15-19 | 11:44 AM
gromaudio
Vendor

Originally Posted by armourer
When the FW for LEX7VL2 will be ready ?
I think that deep sleep is the most important and most waited update so far ...
We are still testing this feature. If no issues for a week or so, we will roll out next week.
Old 10-17-19 | 06:36 AM
Neles
Rookie

So one thing that has been significantly improved, at least so far, is the system crashing when going from reverse (camera) to P/D. It now routes to the NAV screen (in my case) instead of the whole Infotainment system crashing. Although this is way better than before, maybe we can fiddle some more to fix this all together :-).

Edit: Spoke too soon. Crashed.

Last edited by Neles; 10-18-19 at 12:19 PM.
Old 10-22-19 | 09:28 AM
crazy_vag
Driver

I'm ready to take the plunge to 8.1. I got all my firmware, kennel and software updates installed.

I boot into the recovery menu, select 8.1 update, but screen reloads and nothing happens. I've reinserted the SD card a few times, but now wondering if anyone else has a solution.
Old 10-25-19 | 09:12 AM
childerj
Driver School Candidate

Default Apple Carplay light mode

Has anyone been able to get light mode to work in Apple Carplay? Mine stays in Dark mode all the time even though the settings are set to automatic. I am on the latest iPhone and VLINE2 versions.
Old 10-26-19 | 04:59 PM
rcJten
Lead Lap

Grom or all,

For some time now I have lost the ability to use the icon in the middle of the tool bar for any music apps that are not Grom made (used to be called "remote"). Does anyone else have this issue? The actual Spotify app is so much more robust than the Grom version.
Old 10-27-19 | 04:18 AM
smithe
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by crazy_vag
I'm ready to take the plunge to 8.1. I got all my firmware, kennel and software updates installed.

I boot into the recovery menu, select 8.1 update, but screen reloads and nothing happens. I've reinserted the SD card a few times, but now wondering if anyone else has a solution.
For me it only worked if I booted into recovery and then inserted the SD-card. When I had it in the unit before loading the recovery it did the same as with you. So, if taking the card out and putting it back in does not work for you, there might be a problem with either your card or your vline.
Old 10-28-19 | 11:35 AM
smithe
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by popz3210
Is anyone else have issues with slight audio destortition? I can mostly hear it in voices, like when navigation is speaking. I wasn't sure if this is normal or if there is something wrong with my unit. I do hear it in audio too, but it's less noticeable.
I notice the distortion as well after upgrading to 8.1. The sound was crystal clear before updating (and it still is when playing CD). Now it sounds like the audio is not outputted at 24 or 16 bit but rather at 12 bit. This is extremely annoying since I mainly use the vline to listen to music. Lowering the volume does nothing, the distortion is still clearly audible and ruins the whole listening experience. This is bad.

So far, the update to 8.1 has been really disappointing: the audio quality has turned horrible and the vline does not recognize either my 128GB micro SD or my 128GB USB-stick. Is it just my setup or did they leave out exFat support in the new version?

My advice: do not update to 8.1! The only benefit is that videos will run in full screen without the stupid black bar on the side. But this is not worth losing sound quality and storage support.
Old 12-03-19 | 10:37 AM
subspd
Driver School Candidate

Just got this installed today and can't get CarPlay to work. I tap on the app and it says "activate CarPlay UI" what am I doing wrong?
Old 12-03-19 | 11:11 AM
unagijimbo
Rookie

I believe you click on that 10 times and it will allow you to activate. That was the fix in the past, at least.
Old 12-03-19 | 11:12 AM
gromaudio
Vendor

Originally Posted by subspd
Just got this installed today and can't get CarPlay to work. I tap on the app and it says "activate CarPlay UI" what am I doing wrong?
1. Tap the disabled approximately 10 times or so until it becomes activated.

2. It'll become "manually" or "automatically". Set it to automatic so every time you connect, it opens CarPlay. Then exit the menu.
Connect your phone to USB1 of VLine and CarPlay will automatically load.
Old 12-03-19 | 12:18 PM
baviaannl
Driver School Candidate

@gromaudio You mentioned pages back that you would look into the extortionate shipping costs to non US addresses for the VL2 Android 8.1 upgrade. £16.99 is beyond a joke, how can you justify that cost?

Quick Reply: anyone getting the grom vline?