IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

anyone getting the grom vline?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-20 | 09:40 AM
ISFpowered
Instructor

Overall I would like to hear if getting the grom vline was even worth the trouble. Anyone here have a grom that has given them ZERO issues? How is groms customer service when you had issues? Thanks.

Last edited by ISFpowered; 07-29-20 at 07:52 PM.
Old 07-28-20 | 09:53 AM
joedaddy1
Racer

Originally Posted by ISFpowered
Overall I would like to hear if getting the grom vline was even worth the trouble. Anyone hear have a grom that has given them ZERO issues? How is groms customer service when you had issues? Thanks.
at the end of the day, the VL2 is a solid B+. It’s a retrofit so it won’t be 100%.
Customer service to me is A-. I’m bitter about couple of things, but it could be worse.
The following users liked this post:
ALK (07-28-20)
Old 07-28-20 | 10:04 AM
ISFpowered
Instructor

Originally Posted by joedaddy1
at the end of the day, the VL2 is a solid B+. It’s a retrofit so it won’t be 100%.
Customer service to me is A-. I’m bitter about couple of things, but it could be worse.
Is the battery issue still accruing? I can not have that issue since I run the RR light weight racing battery.
Old 07-28-20 | 10:11 AM
ALK
Advanced

I am waiting on the new batch . I feel this batch has most hardware issue fixed .
Old 07-28-20 | 10:21 AM
ISFpowered
Instructor

Originally Posted by ALK
I am waiting on the new batch . I feel this batch has most hardware issue fixed .
How long is it in between batches? Are you having the battery drain issue?
Old 07-28-20 | 10:23 AM
ALK
Advanced

How long is it in between batches? Are you having the battery drain issue?
No, I am going to buy a new unit . By batch I meant new supply of vline units .
Old 07-28-20 | 10:32 AM
ISFpowered
Instructor

Originally Posted by ALK
No, I am going to buy a new unit . By batch I meant new supply of vline units .
Idk why I thought by batch you meant update. Well let us know how it works and if you have any issues especially with battery drain.
Old 07-29-20 | 07:44 PM
feoch
Driver School Candidate

Overall I would like to hear if getting the grom vline was even worth the trouble. Anyone hear have a grom that has given them ZERO issues? How is groms customer service when you had issues? Thanks.
I installed the vline2 about 2 weeks ago and it was my first mod as infotainment is high priority for me. It was on backorder since June so maybe I got the new hardware as an earlier post mentioned, but I haven't had any battery drain issues. My only gripe is CarPlay switches between bluetooth and wifi but I'm sure I could just disconnect one or the other. To answer your first question though, I still think it's definitely worth it; it immediately modernizes the car while still looking OEM, not having to use an Aux cable is amazing (who tf still uses CD's), most new cars don't even have wireless carplay, you get access to 3rd party apps, etc. I'll put up with some bugs and glitches for all those things.
ALK (07-29-20)
Old 07-31-20 | 12:39 AM
Defratos
Racer

So can anyone help me out and direct me to the right model to buy for my 2012 lexus ISF?
Old 07-31-20 | 12:43 AM
roheel
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Defratos
So can anyone help me out and direct me to the right model to buy for my 2012 lexus ISF?
You need the LEX6VL2
Defratos (08-05-20)
Old 07-31-20 | 07:22 AM
xdejablu3x
Intermediate

Originally Posted by feoch
To answer your first question though, I still think it's definitely worth it; it immediately modernizes the car while still looking OEM, not having to use an Aux cable is amazing (who tf still uses CD's), most new cars don't even have wireless carplay, you get access to 3rd party apps, etc. I'll put up with some bugs and glitches for all those things.
I still use CDs 😀

Uncompressed audio sounds real clear as some streamed audio doesn't sound good/clear to me.
Old 07-31-20 | 11:49 AM
cadmiumred
Rookie

Anyone have an issue with the volume level on this thing being too low? Even at max volume it doesn't get super loud although the stock ML system in my car never got super loud to begin with (not sure if that's how it's supposed to be). I tried adjusting the media volume in the settings panel but it's already at max.
Old 07-31-20 | 02:23 PM
WillAP1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by cadmiumred
Anyone have an issue with the volume level on this thing being too low? Even at max volume it doesn't get super loud although the stock ML system in my car never got super loud to begin with (not sure if that's how it's supposed to be). I tried adjusting the media volume in the settings panel but it's already at max.
Haven't had that issue... but if you're Bluetooth streaming from your phone then you likely need to turn the volume up on your phone. If its from any/all apps on the Vline itself then there might be another issue with your system. Loud is relative though, do you have a dB reading you can reference?
Old 07-31-20 | 02:56 PM
bob256k
Instructor

Originally Posted by cadmiumred
I have had this issue, you need to contact GROM. You will need to update the VL2's FW and then factory reset it and wipe all the apps off, then re install them. That will likely fix it, it is a issue with Android's audio stack acting up after you install apps.
Old 07-31-20 | 03:18 PM
ruben58
Driver School Candidate

Default VLine

Question,
is the "parking assist" still works after installation of this VLine unit ?

Quick Reply: anyone getting the grom vline?