IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

anyone getting the grom vline?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-22, 10:42 AM
footballpl
Pit Crew

Received 68 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by mferg02
What about us who do not have facebook they never announce it on here?
No idea. One guy on Facebook always announces the group buys, Donn Perez Fresard (I think there's one right now). I can help facilitate if you want, I'll need to forward your name and email to him. DM me if you want.
Old 09-06-22, 10:44 AM
mferg02
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by footballpl
No idea. One guy on Facebook always announces the group buys, Donn Perez Fresard (I think there's one right now). I can help facilitate if you want, I'll need to forward your name and email to him. DM me if you want.
If you could that would be awesome man. My name is Mike and my email is mferg02@hotmail.com
Old 12-13-22, 10:09 PM
ausLX
Pit Crew

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by gromaudio
We use very standard SMA connections.
Hi, my car is an Australian (2008 LS460) delivered model. Will the VLine2 work with Australian cars?
Old 12-14-22, 01:02 AM
joedaddy1
Racer

Received 191 Likes on 148 Posts

I updated my Wi-Fi antenna with 8dbi gain one from alix for like $3.. internet was slow in my garage and only 2.4ghz was useful w factory antenna. With the new bigger antenna I can connect to 5ghz Wi-Fi network and it’s much faster. Apps and system updates download much faster.
Dont quote me on this but wireless CarPlay connection seems to be faster. My phone connects to grom CarPlay within 30 seconds… I think

below is similar antenna to the one I bought. The length is just right to fit grom. It’s a 2-pack so search for a one pack or share with a friend.

Bingfu Dual Band WiFi 2.4GHz 5GHz 5.8GHz 8dBi SMA Male Antenna (2-Pack) for Wireless Vedio Security IP Camera Recorder Surveillance Recorder Truck Trailer Rear View Backup Camera Reversing Monitor https://a.co/d/22KPp5e
The following users liked this post:
gromaudio (12-15-22)
Old 12-15-22, 06:58 AM
Defratos
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by joedaddy1
I updated my Wi-Fi antenna with 8dbi gain one from alix for like $3.. internet was slow in my garage and only 2.4ghz was useful w factory antenna. With the new bigger antenna I can connect to 5ghz Wi-Fi network and it’s much faster. Apps and system updates download much faster.
Dont quote me on this but wireless CarPlay connection seems to be faster. My phone connects to grom CarPlay within 30 seconds… I think

below is similar antenna to the one I bought. The length is just right to fit grom. It’s a 2-pack so search for a one pack or share with a friend.

Bingfu Dual Band WiFi 2.4GHz 5GHz 5.8GHz 8dBi SMA Male Antenna (2-Pack) for Wireless Vedio Security IP Camera Recorder Surveillance Recorder Truck Trailer Rear View Backup Camera Reversing Monitor https://a.co/d/22KPp5e
So you simply change the antennas around, take our the Grom one from the unit and screw the new one? plug and play?
Old 12-15-22, 08:00 AM
joedaddy1
Racer

Received 191 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Defratos
So you simply change the antennas around, take our the Grom one from the unit and screw the new one? plug and play?
Yep. Should take you about 30 seconds.

again, don’t quote me on Apple CarPlay though. The jury is still out on that.
The following users liked this post:
Defratos (12-16-22)
Old 12-15-22, 08:13 AM
gromaudio
Vendor

Received 151 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by ausLX
Hi, my car is an Australian (2008 LS460) delivered model. Will the VLine2 work with Australian cars?
Yes VLine VL2 works for Australian delivered vehicles. In fact, we have the Australian partner https://cushieaudio.com.au/ , they are doing great job delivering VLine to the Australian customers, and they can even install the unit for you, if you are within their vicinity.
Old 01-02-23, 02:52 AM
ausLX
Pit Crew

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

Yes VLine VL2 works for Australian delivered vehicles. In fact, we have the Australian partner https://cushieaudio.com.au/ , they are doing great job delivering VLine to the Australian customers, and they can even install the unit for you, if you are within their vicinity.
Thanks for the response, this is very helpful since they are based in my state. I will give them a call, thanks again.
Old 01-05-23, 01:46 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

Happy New Year to all fellow Club members!
We plan to run next group buy order starting January 10th. If you are interested to join, please PM us your email address. We will add you to the list.
Old 01-26-23, 02:46 PM
mferg02
Rookie

I need some help, I have this installed, but calls are not coming through my speakers. The controls for the call are on screen, but the call itself is on my cell phone. Makes it difficult becuase the controls for the call are not even on my phone. Do I need to connect to the lexus Bluetooth for calls as well as being connected to the Grom vline? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-26-23, 03:28 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

Originally Posted by mferg02
I need some help, I have this installed, but calls are not coming through my speakers. The controls for the call are on screen, but the call itself is on my cell phone. Makes it difficult becuase the controls for the call are not even on my phone. Do I need to connect to the lexus Bluetooth for calls as well as being connected to the Grom vline? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.
If you are using Android Auto, the phone calls need to go through the factory Bluetooth.

You need to connect the Bluetooth to VLine for Android Auto for media and music, and to factory Bluetooth for the phone calls.
Old 01-26-23, 07:25 PM
mferg02
Rookie

If you are using Android Auto, the phone calls need to go through the factory Bluetooth.
https://youtu.be/B2MKKcEl4Z8

You need to connect the Bluetooth to VLine for Android Auto for media and music, and to factory Bluetooth for the phone calls.

Thank you! That's was it lol. So what is the mic that came with the Grom vline for?
Old 01-27-23, 08:12 AM
gromaudio
Vendor

The mic is for voice commands, you can also send texts in Android Auto. The phone calls are fully supported in CarPlay. We are looking into the phone calls support for Android Auto, but currently there is the limitation and the phone calls have to go through the factory Bluetooth. It is clearly stated on the website.
Old 01-27-23, 08:16 AM
mferg02
Rookie

The mic is for voice commands, you can also send texts in Android Auto. The phone calls are fully supported in CarPlay. We are looking into the phone calls support for Android Auto, but currently there is the limitation and the phone calls have to go through the factory Bluetooth. It is clearly stated on the website.
OK I see, I'll look more into the voice commands. Also, I noticed you cannot download Netflix or any other streaming site on it from the play store, is that something that just isn't supported and would need to be side loaded?
Old 01-27-23, 09:36 AM
gromaudio
Vendor

Yes, Netflix needs to be side-loaded. They have specific restrictions that prevents downloading from Google Play store. Here is how to video:

Quick Reply: anyone getting the grom vline?