IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

anyone getting the grom vline?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-23, 10:06 AM
gromaudio
Vendor

Received 151 Likes on 121 Posts

UPCOMING GROUP BUY!

We have the group buy that will start May the 4th! If you were thinking of getting the VLine VL2 system (or VLite VT2), you can join the group order and receive an discount of $120 towards the GROM VLine VL2, or $70 off VLite VT2 system. To join the group order, PM us your name and email address and we will add you to the list.

The discounted group ordering will be available for one week, starting May 4th. Here is one of the latest demo videos of CarPlay and Android Auto on the factory Lexus GX 460 stereo, using VLite VT2 system:

Let us know if you have any questions.
Old 05-02-23, 11:53 PM
djovaniii
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by armourer
What we will get with new Android and what will be the main reasons for upgrade ?
I am hoping for a split screen option to be honest. It is natively supported in Android 12
Old 05-05-23, 11:45 PM
Hipcatinca
3rd Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

FYI, I just installed a Grom Vline VL2 on my 2002 LX470 with Nav today. I appreciate it is pretty much the only option for us and just to give some headsup... The basic principle is that you would have a "one-click" only touch screen. No swipping or 2-finger function, which is not surprising for the year but the software does usually give you enough scroll down 1-touch buttons. You may have to adjust screen calibration and offset to hit some "buttons". For instance I could not access the bottom row of letter in the Google Play app keyboard until I did so. You can still use you phone for some of these cases. Install is very easy other than a little tight fit of running the cords as they (Lexis) didn't leave a whole lot of room back there to the glovebox but not difficult. Major opinion 1 is that I wish I went for the lite. To use all of the options of the VL2, you'd have to hotspot it so it can have Wifi for the apps. In retrospect, the website states this. I thought, for some reason, VL2 shipped with a better touch screen. It just adds native apps like GPS and Spotify etc, but you would still have to use a hotspot to use them. I think the best route is to grab the Lite addition since Android Auto or CarPlay will give you everything you intend to do and more compared to the native capability of the more expensive option. One last side note, I have had quite a lot of difficulty getting the Android Auto Wireless to work (USB with a good cable was fine). All else great, but the one feature I want is unacceptable in terms of connectivity. I can get it to work but definitely not hop in the vehicle and it reconnects like it should. I hope I can get customer service to help with this. I'm on a Samsung 22S so not like my phone is old. Once connected, I would still recommend the experience. The capacitive screen can only do so much but I am impressed that it looks decent compared to the original graphics. Decent colors! My research leads me to believe this is the best we can get for our years just wish I could figure out how to have it connect more seamlessly. Despite the connectivity issue, I wouldn't bother with the VL2 and would go straight to the Lite unless you really want to pay for a permanent hotspot., it just doesn't make sense.
The following users liked this post:
gromaudio (05-08-23)
Old 05-05-23, 11:46 PM
Hipcatinca
3rd Gear

You won't need split screen if android auto or car play works.
gromaudio (05-08-23)
Old 05-06-23, 07:44 PM
armourer
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

@Hipcatinca, I don't understend why you are so worried about hotspot, but in my setup everything works in very simple way: when my phone Bluetooth connected to Lexus hands free I have MacroDroid macro that starts hotspot. When I disconnected - it stops the hotspot.
And then I use the native apps, like Google maps for navigation and Youtube for the mixes...
gromaudio (05-08-23)
Old 05-06-23, 09:24 PM
Hipcatinca
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by armourer
@Hipcatinca, I don't understend why you are so worried about hotspot, but in my setup everything works in very simple way: when my phone Bluetooth connected to Lexus hands free I have MacroDroid macro that starts hotspot. When I disconnected - it stops the hotspot.
And then I use the native apps, like Google maps for navigation and Youtube for the mixes...
If someone wanted to use the Native apps, that's a smart way to have it auto-hotspot. Latest Android also has built-in "Modes and Routines". I personally like the Android Auto UI and feel it has everything I need, thus I would have saved $180 if I opted for the Lite. That's just my opinion. I've since been able to get Android Auto to connect wirelessly. I didn't realize it required WiFi and I was using Wifi to hotspot.
gromaudio (05-08-23)
Old 05-06-23, 11:46 PM
Sherl
Advanced

Received 63 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by gromaudio
UPCOMING GROUP BUY!

We have the group buy that will start May the 4th! If you were thinking of getting the VLine VL2 system (or VLite VT2), you can join the group order and receive an discount of $120 towards the GROM VLine VL2, or $70 off VLite VT2 system. To join the group order, PM us your name and email address and we will add you to the list.

The discounted group ordering will be available for one week, starting May 4th. Here is one of the latest demo videos of CarPlay and Android Auto on the factory Lexus GX 460 stereo, using VLite VT2 system:

https://youtu.be/YoJtM1871oU

Let us know if you have any questions.
Can I buy LEX6VL2 for 2011 LS460 in the group buy? I think the sku is LEX6VL2
Old 05-08-23, 01:29 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

Originally Posted by Sherl
Can I buy LEX6VL2 for 2011 LS460 in the group buy? I think the sku is LEX6VL2
Yes you can. Please PM us your email address, and we will add you to the group order. For 2011 Lexus LS 460 you will need LEX6 model, check here:
https://gromaudio.com/store/all-lex6_.html
Old 05-08-23, 01:51 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

Here is the explainer video with step-by-step instructions how to connect to wireless Android Auto for VLine VL2 system or VLite VT2:

Old 05-09-23, 08:12 AM
S2kslav
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

would love to get on the group buy but I am unable to send you the request....
Old 05-09-23, 11:45 AM
gromaudio
Vendor

Originally Posted by S2kslav
would love to get on the group buy but I am unable to send you the request....
Most likely because you just registered. Send us the request via the web form at https://gromaudio.com/support.html We will add you to the group.
Old 06-08-23, 01:39 PM
Sherl
Advanced

Received 63 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by gromaudio
Most likely because you just registered. Send us the request via the web form at https://gromaudio.com/support.html We will add you to the group.
Can you please upload the yt video for 10-12 LS460 grom install?
View this post on Instagram

@gromaudio
Old 06-08-23, 04:40 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

Originally Posted by Sherl
Can you please upload the yt video for 10-12 LS460 grom install?
GROM Audio (@gromaudio) • Instagram photos and videos

@gromaudio
Here you are:

Old 07-12-23, 10:09 AM
gromaudio
Vendor

The week of the GROM VLine discount is coming in 1 day! The group order starts July 13th, this Thursday. If you want to join the group order, send us a private message with your email address. We will add you to the group. You can also send the request to join the group via a web form at https://gromaudio.com/support.html

The system allows the seamless integration of CarPlay and Android Auto, as well as a fully functional stand-alone Android interface into the factory stereos of select Lexus vehicles while retaining the most important original stereo functionality such as a backup camera, climate controls, FM radio, and others.

More information about the system is available at our website https://gromaudio.com

Install and demo videos are available on our YouTube channel: gromaudio

Let us know if you have any questions, happy to help!

The group ordering period will end on July 20th, and the product will ship after August 3rd. The group discount will be $120 off the VLine VL2 system and $70 off the VLite VT2.

Last edited by gromaudio; 07-12-23 at 10:11 AM. Reason: link
Old 07-12-23, 04:10 PM
mferg02
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Anyone else have issues with the grom sometimes not showing up when starting vehicle? I occasionally have to restart my car to get it to work. Just curious if this is a common issue.

Quick Reply: anyone getting the grom vline?