IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

anyone getting the grom vline?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-23, 10:30 AM
gromaudio
Vendor

Received 151 Likes on 121 Posts

We have an upcoming group order, for GROM VLine VL2 and VLite VT2 systems. The group ordering period will start September 7th and will last for a week. The group order participants will save $120 off the VLine VL2 system and $70 off the VLite VT2. Both systems offer wireless CarPlay and Android Auto. If you are interested in joining, send us the request via web form at https://gromaudio.com/support.html or send us the PM using this forum. We will add you to the group order list.
The following users liked this post:
bobdulong (09-01-23)
Old 08-29-23, 03:07 PM
dopen93
1st Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gromaudio
We have an upcoming group order, for GROM VLine VL2 and VLite VT2 systems. The group ordering period will start September 7th and will last for a week. The group order participants will save $120 off the VLine VL2 system and $70 off the VLite VT2. Both systems offer wireless CarPlay and Android Auto. If you are interested in joining, send us the request via web form at https://gromaudio.com/support.html or send us the PM using this forum. We will add you to the group order list.
Please add me to the group buy .. eng.waleed.alhaddad@gmail.com
gromaudio (08-29-23)
Old 08-29-23, 03:23 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

Originally Posted by dopen93
Please add me to the group buy ..
Thank you for your interest! Added your email to the list for the upcoming group buy order. Please expect to receive the email once the ordering period starts, on September 7th.
bobdulong (09-01-23)
Old 08-30-23, 04:05 PM
ubersonic
Driver School Candidate

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts

The group order participants will save $120 off the VLine VL2 system and $70 off the VLite VT2. Both systems offer wireless CarPlay and Android Auto.
Normally when I'm driving I have my phone in a dash mount with the audio playing through the car's aux input, I have the Google Podcasts app running in the background and I have Waze running in the foreground. Is this possible with either or both of these units? I've never used Android Auto or an Android head unit so not sure how/if they handle running multiple apps?
Old 08-31-23, 10:13 AM
gromaudio
Vendor

Originally Posted by ubersonic
Normally when I'm driving I have my phone in a dash mount with the audio playing through the car's aux input, I have the Google Podcasts app running in the background and I have Waze running in the foreground. Is this possible with either or both of these units? I've never used Android Auto or an Android head unit so not sure how/if they handle running multiple apps?
Yes, it is possible. Both Google Podcasts and Waze are supported by Android Auto. Android Auto now supports split-screen mode, so you can share the screen between the maps and the media app. You can check one of our latest demo videos for Android Auto here:

It shows the split-screen mode for Android Auto at 0:06. You can also easily switch back and forth between the full screen and split screen. The music/podcast app will play in the background even when the map is full screen. In our demo video, we show Google Maps, however, Waze will work just the same.
Old 08-31-23, 03:17 PM
mferg02
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ubersonic
Waze does not work for me using the grom vline as the app does not show up in android auto, just a heads up. Sucks because I like waze more than google maps. I have android version 13 on a Galaxy S23 Ultra FYI.
Old 08-31-23, 03:21 PM
WillAP1
Intermediate

Received 114 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by mferg02
Waze does not work for me using the grom vline as the app does not show up in android auto, just a heads up. Sucks because I like waze more than google maps. I have android version 13 on a Galaxy S23 Ultra FYI.
Sounds like an issue specific to your unit or phone. Might be worth contacting support.

Waze works great for me in (wireless) Android Auto on my VL2.
gromaudio (09-05-23)
Old 08-31-23, 04:00 PM
mferg02
Rookie

Originally Posted by WillAP1
Sounds like an issue specific to your unit or phone. Might be worth contacting support.

Waze works great for me in (wireless) Android Auto on my VL2.
​​​​​​That's strange, waze doesn't show up for both me or my wife's phones, both android, both using it wirelessly I have the newest update on the vl2 as well. The app showed when I first got it, but dissapeared from the menu soon after. Not even an option to add the app from my phone in android auto settings.
Old 08-31-23, 05:19 PM
mferg02
Rookie

Yes, it is possible. Both Google Podcasts and Waze are supported by Android Auto. Android Auto now supports split-screen mode, so you can share the screen between the maps and the media app. You can check one of our latest demo videos for Android Auto here:

It shows the split-screen mode for Android Auto at 0:06. You can also easily switch back and forth between the full screen and split screen. The music/podcast app will play in the background even when the map is full screen. In our demo video, we show Google Maps, however, Waze will work just the same.
Hello,
so reading this and other people's experiences, I notice that there must be something going on with my vline device. Waze will not show up on android auto. I went into another vehicle that has android auto, not with the vline, and sure enough waze showed up. My software is up to date on the vline2 and software on my android phone is up to date as well. This also happens when my wifes android phone is connected. Any suggestions?
Old 09-01-23, 07:16 PM
bobdulong
4th Gear

Please add me to your upcoming group buy. Bob.dulong@gmail.com
Old 09-01-23, 07:24 PM
bobdulong
4th Gear

Default Please add me to the group buy list

please add me to the group buy list
Old 09-05-23, 09:13 AM
gromaudio
Vendor

[QUOTE=bobdulong;11570655]Please add me to your upcoming group buy. /QUOTE]

Bob, thank you for your interest! We added your email address to the upcoming group discount list. Please expect to receive the email once the ordering period starts on September 7th. Let us know if you have any questions, we are happy to help!
Old 09-05-23, 09:26 AM
bobdulong
4th Gear

[QUOTE=gromaudio;11572398]
Originally Posted by bobdulong
Please add me to your upcoming group buy. /QUOTE]

Bob, thank you for your interest! We added your email address to the upcoming group discount list. Please expect to receive the email once the ordering period starts on September 7th. Let us know if you have any questions, we are happy to help!

Looking forward to installing your product and enjoying my phone apps for navigating!

Bob
gromaudio (09-05-23)
Old 09-07-23, 11:51 AM
gromaudio
Vendor

Originally Posted by mferg02
Hello,
so reading this and other people's experiences, I notice that there must be something going on with my vline device. Waze will not show up on android auto. I went into another vehicle that has android auto, not with the vline, and sure enough waze showed up. My software is up to date on the vline2 and software on my android phone is up to date as well. This also happens when my wifes android phone is connected. Any suggestions?
We checked Waze on Android Auto recently, all should work just fine. Maybe try to uninstall and reinstall Waze from Play store to your smartphone.
Old 09-07-23, 11:56 AM
gromaudio
Vendor

We are starting the group order today! Th buying period will end September 15th. You can still join the group. To join the group, send us the request via website at https://gromaudio.com/support.html or send us your email address via private message on this forum.

Quick Reply: anyone getting the grom vline?