IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

anyone getting the grom vline?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-24, 07:12 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

My VLINE is not in the glove box, but installed in the blue area below laying vertical between the carpet and the transmission tunnel wall. Been there for 2 years now and haven't had any issues. Out of site and I don't lose any space in the glovebox.

Last edited by caymandive; 06-15-24 at 07:17 AM.
The following users liked this post:
gromaudio (06-18-24)
Old 06-24-24, 11:48 PM
93MSB
Instructor

Received 157 Likes on 102 Posts

Update is supposed to be available today. Curious to hear some feedback

and fwiw I have the grom mounted in this location: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...tallation.html

I did not have to remove the airbag. It's not as accessible as the glove box but not terrible to remove and put back

Old 06-30-24, 10:17 AM
roheel
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Anyone had the upgrade delivered to them yet?
Old 06-30-24, 10:20 AM
ALK
Advanced

Received 134 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by roheel
Anyone had the upgrade delivered to them yet?
I think it was postponed to 2nd of July.
Old 06-30-24, 11:54 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,962 Likes on 2,400 Posts

Originally Posted by ALK
I think it was postponed to 2nd of July.
I know this is accurate. Got the email.
Old 06-30-24, 12:08 PM
roheel
Pit Crew

Odd… placed the order, paid for and confirmed. Didn’t get an email saying it’s been delayed though?
Old 07-03-24, 10:00 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,962 Likes on 2,400 Posts

So this is the current state of the update. First, the emails.

This arrived just before the original scheduled release date.

So, foolish me, thinking now this is ready for me, I got this screen when I clicked on the Android 12 update today.

If I had to do this again, I really don't think I'd choose this company. If you look back in this thread, the Android 12 update was announced "available soon" more than a year ago with no indication this was going to be a paid update. This is not good customer service, and some would even call it bait and switch.
Originally Posted by gromaudio
we anticipate to have Android 12 upgrade released in March of 2023

I am definitely disappointed.

Old 07-03-24, 10:19 AM
WillAP1
Intermediate

Received 114 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
So this is the current state of the update. First, the emails.

This arrived just before the original scheduled release date.

So, foolish me, thinking now this is ready for me, I got this screen when I clicked on the Android 12 update today.

If I had to do this again, I really don't think I'd choose this company. If you look back in this thread, the Android 12 update was announced "available soon" more than a year ago with no indication this was going to be a paid update. This is not good customer service, and some would even call it bait and switch.
I am definitely disappointed.
Another reason to never pre-order anything ever... especially something that has never been delivered before.
Old 07-03-24, 11:16 AM
roheel
Pit Crew

I got the 2nd email and reading of the issues have been having on the comments section in the YouTube video, I’m reluctant to upgrade. Makes me wonder if any decent testing is done before such a big release. Never known an OS update for Android wiping data on a device….
Old 07-03-24, 04:02 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

Received 151 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by WillAP1
Another reason to never pre-order anything ever... especially something that has never been delivered before.
We see very few issues with the update Stage 1 and will do the Stage 2 rollout next Monday to make sure to address any hiccups if encountered. Then it will a process of polishing the update in the next month or so.
Unfortunately due to many variations of hardware, firmwares and car makes it is impossible to test all scenarios. But we have all possible fixes available via support in case if something goes wrong.
Old 07-03-24, 11:54 PM
roheel
Pit Crew

From that reply I will hold off. Too risky with such an approach of still polishing things. Polishing things should be done during a UAT stage and not roll out.
The following users liked this post:
lobuxracer (07-05-24)
Old 07-11-24, 01:49 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

Received 151 Likes on 121 Posts

Hi all,

Today we are starting the next group buy order for the GROM
VLine VL2 / VLite VT2 system!

Both systems will add wireless CarPlay and Android Auto to the factory stereo of your Lexus vehicle. The group ordering period will run until July 19th. The group order participants will receive a special discount code for $120 off the VLine VL2 or $70 off the VLite VT2. Both VLine VL2 and VLite VT2 will be available under the group order. The VLine VL2 units ordered within this group order period will also receive free Android 12 upgrade sometime in August!

The product will ship from the end of July to mid August.

If you want to participate in the upcoming group order, please send us a private message with your name and email address, and we will add you to the group order list. There is no obligation to order within the group. You can also send us the request to join the group order via our website contact form at https://gromaudio.com/support.html Both VLine VL2 and VLite VT2 systems offer wireless CarPlay and Android Auto. Contact us with any questions, and we will be happy to help!

Some of the frequently asked questions are:

1. What is the difference between GROM VLine VL2 and VLite VT2?

The GROM VLine VL2 offers wireless CarPlay and Android Auto, as well as a stand-alone Android interface that you can use to download almost any app from the Google Play store to use in your car. The GROM VLite VT2 system is for wireless CarPlay and Android Auto only.

2. Can I install the system myself?

Yes, you can install the system if you have some technical ability. You will need to disassemble the portion of the dashboard to connect the system to the back of the stereo and display and install the microphone and GPS antenna. We have plenty of install videos on our website: https://gromaudio.com/installs/index.html Otherwise, the local car stereo shop in your area should be able to help you with the installation.

3. Does the VLine VL2 or VLite VT2 system disable any important original stereo functionality?

No, the VLine VL2 / VLite VT2 system does not disable any important original stereo functionality. Your original cameras, FM radio, climate controls will keep working as the system fully integrates with your original factory car stereo.

The GROM
VLine VL2 / VLite VT2 systems come with 30 days return for the refund period and 18-month warranty.

To join the group, send the request via the web form at
https://gromaudio.com/support.html or PM us your email address, and we will add you to the group list.

CarPlay Demo:

Android Auto Demo: