anyone getting the grom vline?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-17, 04:59 PM
Teachustea
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vline CarPlay issues

Originally Posted by gromaudio
Make sure to use Mass Storage (USB stick) on USB2, CP only works on USB1 !
I have been plugging iPhone into usb1. Vline detects it is plugged in and the dashlinq CarPlay icon briefly flashes green then turns grey. I cannot detect vline CarPlay unit when I activate CarPlay on iPhone 6. I have tried on multiple iPhones and get the same result. The iphones CarPlay app just searches and never detects USB CarPlay unit to connect. I have been working with Grom tech support to troubleshoot this issue. They are now suggesting I RMA.
Old 03-02-17, 05:43 AM
Lev
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just confirming all updates are OTA or do I need to download firmware updates and install via one of the USB inputs? I still have no luck with local music even after reformatting microsd card multiple times. Im I missing something?

Another annoying factor is the vline doesn't automatically find my iphone6s hotspot. I have to turn off local hotspot and than on before I drive or it won't find it.

Besides this I absolutely love the v-line!
Old 03-02-17, 06:38 AM
regeenoble
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Lev
Just confirming all updates are OTA or do I need to download firmware updates and install via one of the USB inputs? I still have no luck with local music even after reformatting microsd card multiple times. Im I missing something?

Another annoying factor is the vline doesn't automatically find my iphone6s hotspot. I have to turn off local hotspot and than on before I drive or it won't find it.

Besides this I absolutely love the v-line!
GROM will tell you to download the base via USB, the OTA updates are separate, so yes, you should be doing both.

As for the hotspot thing, that is an iPhone issue. I find it kind of annoying as well, but if it really bothered me, I would just get a dedicated mobile hotspot for my car.
Old 03-02-17, 08:49 PM
Lev
Driver

thank you for clarifying!
Old 03-04-17, 06:13 AM
J504504
Driver School Candidate

Default Music on my USB sounds bad

Ok so I installed the unit in my Lexus and everything works fine. But I have my USB plugged in to the unit and the music does not sound that good. Before I got this unit I put all these songs that are on my USB stick on my phone and played them through the 3.5mm head jack that came with the car and it sounds fine. Is anyone else having this problem?
Old 03-06-17, 05:59 PM
crazy_vag
Driver

I'm looking at upgrading my '06 IS 350 with Mark Levinson setup and considering the GROM Vline, but wanted to ask a few questions for those that have it.

* Sounds like Carplay works, but is under beta, right? Does it work wirelessly or via USB?
* No Android Auto support nor word on when it might be available, right?
* How do you configure your bluetooth phone and audio functionality with Grom installed? Do you unpair your phone from the existing factory system? Does your phone switch to factory system when a call comes in and back to Grom for Bluetooth Audio?
* Were there other systems out there such as Grom that you looked at before choosing Grom? What were some pros and cons you looked at?

-Martin
'06 IS 350, ML
Old 03-07-17, 02:28 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

Received 151 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by crazy_vag
I'm looking at upgrading my '06 IS 350 with Mark Levinson setup and considering the GROM Vline, but wanted to ask a few questions for those that have it.

* Sounds like Carplay works, but is under beta, right? Does it work wirelessly or via USB?
* No Android Auto support nor word on when it might be available, right?
* How do you configure your bluetooth phone and audio functionality with Grom installed? Do you unpair your phone from the existing factory system? Does your phone switch to factory system when a call comes in and back to Grom for Bluetooth Audio?
* Were there other systems out there such as Grom that you looked at before choosing Grom? What were some pros and cons you looked at?

-Martin
'06 IS 350, ML
To answer to some of your questions:
1. Carplay is under beta, and works via USB.
3. You can connect your phone's Bluetooth to GROM-VLine for Audio only, and keep the factory Bluetooth connection for hands free phone calls. The phone will switch to the factory BT system upon the phone call, and back to VLine as soon as you hag up the call.
Thank you for your interest in VLine!
Old 03-07-17, 02:32 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

Originally Posted by J504504
Ok so I installed the unit in my Lexus and everything works fine. But I have my USB plugged in to the unit and the music does not sound that good. Before I got this unit I put all these songs that are on my USB stick on my phone and played them through the 3.5mm head jack that came with the car and it sounds fine. Is anyone else having this problem?
A couple of recommendations:
1. Try different USB stick;
2. Make sure that you connect the USB stick into USB2 port, as mentioned here:
http://gromaudio.com/docs/vline_manu...manual_web.pdf
page 11.
The port that is at the bottom.
If nothing will help, please contact tech support at http://gromaudio.com/support.html, they will be happy to help.
Thank you.
Old 03-09-17, 07:49 AM
J504504
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by gromaudio
A couple of recommendations:
1. Try different USB stick;
2. Make sure that you connect the USB stick into USB2 port, as mentioned here:
http://gromaudio.com/docs/vline_manu...manual_web.pdf
page 11.
The port that is at the bottom.
If nothing will help, please contact tech support at http://gromaudio.com/support.html, they will be happy to help.
Thank you.
I think it's just my music Sucks on my USB stick. Because I noticed some songs sound OK and some not.
Old 03-11-17, 07:12 AM
Arvid
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Grom vline and Kodi?

Hi, I have no clue on Kodi , but an LS member told me to use Kodi on the vline...but I don't know how..
I would like to have:
A large music (320 mp3 quality)/ movie library on a hd connected
Spotify online + downloaded music
Google/Waze maps
Phone (Samsung S7) ?
Utube
Is this possible...?? If so, can someone please help me tell me in detail where i could find it and how to innstall it to the vline.
Or better ...send me the necessary installation files that You may have used if You have Kodi already installed...
They can be sent to me via https://www.filemail.com/
There You can send free files up to 30Gb

Regards
Arvid

Last edited by Arvid; 03-11-17 at 06:59 PM. Reason: more questions asked :-)
Old 04-01-17, 07:49 PM
96300NAZ
Rookie

This thread's been quiet for a couple weeks. Have the issues with it been resolved? Safe to purchase?
Old 04-01-17, 07:57 PM
LexusinBoi
Rookie

Originally Posted by 96300NAZ
This thread's been quiet for a couple weeks. Have the issues with it been resolved? Safe to purchase?
I like mine. All the issues I've had were resolved, and Grom has been pretty responsive. My only gripe is with the SD card slot so just read up on how to insert it
Old 04-03-17, 08:40 AM
s4chico
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am still waiting for my 2010-2012 unit to ship. Initially it was supposed to go out the 1st week of March. Then it was changed to March 26th. Now it has been changed to April 10th. I figured that after the 1st gen release, they would have planned better for this release. Guess will just have to wait longer.
Old 04-03-17, 09:44 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 404 Likes on 256 Posts

I'm curious how this unit operates for the gen 6 nav units?
Old 04-03-17, 05:28 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

Originally Posted by s4chico
I am still waiting for my 2010-2012 unit to ship. Initially it was supposed to go out the 1st week of March. Then it was changed to March 26th. Now it has been changed to April 10th. I figured that after the 1st gen release, they would have planned better for this release. Guess will just have to wait longer.
Apologize for the delay with shipping out pre-orders. We are waiting for the last part to arrive, and the VLine for Gen 6 stereos will be ready to go. We will keep you posted, and hope to ship out within a week.
Thank you.

Quick Reply: anyone getting the grom vline?