IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

anyone getting the grom vline?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-17, 08:42 AM
s2kjer
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusinBoi
Anyone else's Bluetooth break with this last update? It had been rock solid in the past and now it's connecting for roughly 5 seconds then dropping.
Scroll up 4 post dude... I know it's a lot to ask but read the thread.. lol
Old 05-17-17, 09:58 AM
geero
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

i totally regret purchasing this thing, i originally ordered and received the Beat Sonic Double Din kit but returned it for the grom. i feel like they gave us an unpolished system that should've been ready to roll from the get-go. i unfortunately installed my unit underneath the glove compartment that's not very easy to access and now i have to tear apart everything to do the updates. system is so buggy that i really just want to start over or just go back to the prehistoric method of using my 3.5mm jack to the aux port. at least that method works 100% of the time. i have tried to do the update through a usb extension cable and the unit simply did not recognize the firmware file. i have yet to update any of the firmware but wonder if there is a way of just updating everything OTA?
Old 05-17-17, 10:39 AM
hyb1212id
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Firmware wont update

I'm currently on firmware 25 and recently conducted the OTA update. I noticed that there is a firmware version 28 available so I tried to update via USB. However, when I select 'yes' when Vline recognizes the new firmware, I wait 10 seconds, turn off the car for several minutes, restart, the system won't upgrade and keeps asking me if I want to upgrade to 28. Please help. (I have a 08 ISF)
Old 05-17-17, 11:33 AM
gromaudio
Vendor

Received 155 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by hyb1212id
I'm currently on firmware 25 and recently conducted the OTA update. I noticed that there is a firmware version 28 available so I tried to update via USB. However, when I select 'yes' when Vline recognizes the new firmware, I wait 10 seconds, turn off the car for several minutes, restart, the system won't upgrade and keeps asking me if I want to upgrade to 28. Please help. (I have a 08 ISF)
Did you attach USB stick to USB2 port ? Firmware can be updated only from that port. If you used USB2 and no update still, simply keep USB flash attached to USB2 and detach VLine from power for few seconds and plug it back in. After V28 is updated there should be no need in updating via USB anymore.
Old 05-17-17, 03:33 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

Originally Posted by LexusinBoi
Anyone else's Bluetooth break with this last update? It had been rock solid in the past and now it's connecting for roughly 5 seconds then dropping.
Latest OTA with A2DP fix is available !
Old 05-18-17, 12:45 PM
10lexus350
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gromaudio
Latest OTA with A2DP fix is available !
tested it out for the last day or so. I can confirm that Bluetooth is working again.

Spoke too soon. Started getting disconnects and "Bluetooth share has stopped working"

Last edited by 10lexus350; 05-18-17 at 05:36 PM.
Old 05-18-17, 09:04 PM
jadeboy
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

After spending several hours with Gen6 grom vline (2012 ISF) with their latest firmware, these are the issues I still have

GPS: It works 90%.
Local Music: almost on every load after about 1 minute, the sound distorts for about 1 second.. then it's fine.. sometimes it just distorts randomly
FM Radio: also distorts like Local Music above, and about 25% of the time when switching to different a station, the sound is playing about 2x the normal speed.. like chipmunks.
Wifi: when grom vline disconnects from wifi because there is no signal, then when there is signal again.. the wifi does not connect.. turning off wifi and on does not work sometimes.
BackUp Camera: when reversing the backup camera is sometimes overridden by grom vline screen.
Reboot - certain application (tune in) will cause grom vline to randomly reboot.
Old 05-19-17, 06:15 AM
ISF5L
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by geero
i totally regret purchasing this thing, i originally ordered and received the Beat Sonic Double Din kit but returned it for the grom. i feel like they gave us an unpolished system that should've been ready to roll from the get-go. i unfortunately installed my unit underneath the glove compartment that's not very easy to access and now i have to tear apart everything to do the updates. system is so buggy that i really just want to start over or just go back to the prehistoric method of using my 3.5mm jack to the aux port. at least that method works 100% of the time. i have tried to do the update through a usb extension cable and the unit simply did not recognize the firmware file. i have yet to update any of the firmware but wonder if there is a way of just updating everything OTA?
Hi, just curious what you didnt like with the Beat Sonic double din. Ive been keen to upgrade my OEM unit for a while now, seen the GROM but after reading about so many bugs, i came across the Beat sonic double din and thought it looked good so curious why you replaced it?
Old 05-21-17, 04:13 PM
s2kjer
Driver

Well guys, I am about to throw in the towel on this and get a refund. My original Gen 6 just stopped working because of what I believe to be a failed firmware or software update.
I ended up sending it back to Grom "$12 shipping" and I just got the repaired unit back on Saturday with the most current version. Set it up last night and all seemed to be good.
Drove into work this morning.... Still good. Went to go to lunch this afternoon and the thing is stuck in a boot loop. All I see is the Vline screen keep cycling!
Old 05-21-17, 06:17 PM
s2kjer
Driver

Originally Posted by jadeboy
After spending several hours with Gen6 grom vline (2012 ISF) with their latest firmware, these are the issues I still have

GPS: It works 90%.
Local Music: almost on every load after about 1 minute, the sound distorts for about 1 second.. then it's fine.. sometimes it just distorts randomly
FM Radio: also distorts like Local Music above, and about 25% of the time when switching to different a station, the sound is playing about 2x the normal speed.. like chipmunks.
Wifi: when grom vline disconnects from wifi because there is no signal, then when there is signal again.. the wifi does not connect.. turning off wifi and on does not work sometimes.
BackUp Camera: when reversing the backup camera is sometimes overridden by grom vline screen.
Reboot - certain application (tune in) will cause grom vline to randomly reboot.
The GPS is much better after the last update but when you stop it still spins around all stupid. That really needs to be fixed...
The backup camera function is also really wonky, comes on whenever it wants to when you back up.
I have also noticed you cant get into the Lexus head unit sound settings to change the audio levels for the center, bass, mid, etc. Please fix....
Old 05-22-17, 11:41 AM
jadeboy
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I think grom should focus on stability and bug fixes (vline gen6). They have a release scheduled near the end of June with new updates - you should only do that when you have a stable platform. Just like an operating system, stability is first priority, then speed/performance.. then features.
Old 05-22-17, 03:44 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

Originally Posted by s2kjer
The GPS is much better after the last update but when you stop it still spins around all stupid. That really needs to be fixed...
The backup camera function is also really wonky, comes on whenever it wants to when you back up.
I have also noticed you cant get into the Lexus head unit sound settings to change the audio levels for the center, bass, mid, etc. Please fix....
GPS fixes are coming in couple of days. Backup camera in Gen6 still in works. Try to shift gears slower. There is 1-2 sec delay in signals which causes VLine to take over the camera if you put in reverse too fast.
Old 05-24-17, 03:20 PM
10lexus350
Driver School Candidate

GPS fixes are coming in couple of days. Backup camera in Gen6 still in works. Try to shift gears slower. There is 1-2 sec delay in signals which causes VLine to take over the camera if you put in reverse too fast.
just saw an update today. Anyway we can get a change log?
Old 05-24-17, 04:27 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

Originally Posted by 10lexus350
just saw an update today. Anyway we can get a change log?
Yes, we'll add Changelog showing for next OTA.
For 2.0.3.0 it was:
* GPS fixes
Old 05-25-17, 10:08 PM
10lexus350
Driver School Candidate

Yes, we'll add Changelog showing for next OTA.
For 2.0.3.0 it was:
* GPS fixes
Well, back to the disappointed/regret stage. Update seems to have completely broken Bluetooth, AGAIN..... Sighhhhhhhh. 😥👿

Quick Reply: anyone getting the grom vline?