IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

anyone getting the grom vline?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-17 | 12:24 PM
s2kjer
Driver

Has anyone figured out a way to access the head unit sound settings for the USB input while the Vline is setup?
Every time I try to get in the sound settings from the nav setup menu it reverts back to the Vline screen...
Old 06-10-17 | 01:14 PM
jadeboy
Intermediate

1. Is there any "Reboot" software that works? Vline can be unstable and a reboot is needed.

2. With Local Music, it asks for Storage: USB/Track? It there a way to default it - I have set it on multiple times and it's getting annoying having to do it again and again - it seems to lose the setting and the main launcher music will no longer work, unless you run the Local Music and set the storage type again.

3. Waze sometimes become really unstable (freeze/black screen) when you lost internet connectivity - I know this is likely a poor written Waze and not vline.
Old 06-13-17 | 09:56 AM
crazy_vag
Driver

Originally Posted by s2kjer
Has anyone figured out a way to access the head unit sound settings for the USB input while the Vline is setup?
Every time I try to get in the sound settings from the nav setup menu it reverts back to the Vline screen...
You can supposedly press the SCAN button 3 times. That button would be intercepted by V-Line and take you the sound settings. Sadly, this doesn't work for me.
Old 06-14-17 | 09:59 AM
s2kjer
Driver

Originally Posted by crazy_vag
You can supposedly press the SCAN button 3 times. That button would be intercepted by V-Line and take you the sound settings. Sadly, this doesn't work for me.
I don't have a SCAN button on my 2012 HU
Old 06-14-17 | 10:14 AM
newgsman
Instructor

I don't have a SCAN button on my 2012 HU
For 2012, you have to push the "Display" button three times to access sound controls.

I also found out that once you have accessed this screen you can also turn the screen off (blank). I prefer to be driving without the screen active and originally I could not figure out how to blank the V-line screen.
The following users liked this post:
s2kjer (06-14-17)
Old 06-14-17 | 10:19 AM
newgsman
Instructor

Originally Posted by jadeboy
2. With Local Music, it asks for Storage: USB/Track? It there a way to default it - I have set it on multiple times and it's getting annoying having to do it again and again - it seems to lose the setting and the main launcher music will no longer work, unless you run the Local Music and set the storage type again.
I find this annoying also. Sometimes on start up it also keeps asking me to enter a destination repeatedly, even though I don't have Navigation running. Although it is asking for Nav destination the screen is actually just showing the Storage: USB/Track? option. Once I make my selection the system starts working OK.
Old 06-17-17 | 10:21 PM
leonrojo18
Rookie

Solution to CarPlay microphone echo? Caller can hear themselves speak, microphone is mounted below the mirror on an ls460
Old 06-19-17 | 09:52 AM
crazy_vag
Driver

You're supposed to press SCAN 3 times which will toggle you to the settings screen. However, I found out this won't work until you have updated to the latest Vline kernel. It's actually not enough to update the latest firmware via the UI, but you need to update the kernel via USB stick. Go to Settings -> About and tell us what version of Vbase is installed.
Old 06-19-17 | 10:42 AM
gromaudio
Vendor

Originally Posted by leonrojo18
Solution to CarPlay microphone echo? Caller can hear themselves speak, microphone is mounted below the mirror on an ls460
Yes we will fix it in about 2 weeks as we progress through certification.
Old 06-19-17 | 06:43 PM
GarageB
Rookie

I have a grom vline for sale in the classifieds. Includes all cables send me a PM.
Old 06-25-17 | 01:46 PM
s2kjer
Driver

Originally Posted by wildta
Grom's fix is to ask the customer to change their driving habits instead of fixing the software. LOL.
I hope there are more fixes planned for the camera issues.
Audio cuts out and 50% of the time the camera does not stay on when you are backing up
Old 06-27-17 | 11:09 AM
crazy_vag
Driver

Has anyone seen a problem where VLine doesn't connect to WiFi? The symptom is that you go to Wi-Fi settings, and Wi-Fi is toggled ON, but no networks are shown. You can toggle it off and on again, but while the switch moves, it doesn't actually restart the WiFi network driver. I think you have to reboot the system, but with the new sleep mode, it's harder.

Is Grom aware of this problem?
Is there a backdoor way of restarting the system from the GUI?

See attached photos for how the WiFi screen looks when this happens and how it looks while toggling.
#1. When WiFi is broken.
#2. Toggle WiFi off.
#3. Toggle WiFi back on. Notice how screen doesn't refresh because WiFi driver is stuck.
Old 06-27-17 | 11:19 AM
jadeboy
Intermediate

Has anyone seen a problem where VLine doesn't connect to WiFi? The symptom is that you go to Wi-Fi settings, and Wi-Fi is toggled ON, but no networks are shown. You can toggle it off and on again, but while the switch moves, it doesn't actually restart the WiFi network driver. I think you have to reboot the system, but with the new sleep mode, it's harder.

Is Grom aware of this problem?
Is there a backdoor way of restarting the system from the GUI?

See attached photos for how the WiFi screen looks when this happens and how it looks while toggling.
#1. When WiFi is broken.
#2. Toggle WiFi off.
#3. Toggle WiFi back on. Notice how screen doesn't refresh because WiFi driver is stuck.
I am having the EXACT same issue. It's the MOST annoying bug on the Grom, making it almost unusable - I have literally started using my the Lexus system instead Grom again because of these stability issues.This usually happened when you have a wifi connection to the GROM then leave the car for several minutes and comes back and the wifi refused to work no matter what you do. I've tried to find an Android "reboot" software to reboot Grom to bypass this problem.. but none of the reboot android application I have tried work.

Additionally, another annoying issue - When wifi does work it does not always connect to your preconfigured wifi network when grom boot, you have to manually tell it to connect.
Grom has to spent time fixing these serious usable issues before adding any new features, this is unacceptable for a commercial system that sells for $499.
Old 06-27-17 | 01:22 PM
crazy_vag
Driver

Smile

Originally Posted by jadeboy
I am having the EXACT same issue. It's the MOST annoying bug on the Grom, making it almost unusable - I have literally started using my the Lexus system instead Grom again because of these stability issues.This usually happened when you have a wifi connection to the GROM then leave the car for several minutes and comes back and the wifi refused to work no matter what you do. I've tried to find an Android "reboot" software to reboot Grom to bypass this problem.. but none of the reboot android application I have tried work.

Additionally, another annoying issue - When wifi does work it does not always connect to your preconfigured wifi network when grom boot, you have to manually tell it to connect.
Grom has to spent time fixing these serious usable issues before adding any new features, this is unacceptable for a commercial system that sells for $499.
I'm glad it's not only me. Maybe I'll try to turn off wifi before getting out of the car, since it's hard to get it working again.

I've never had a problem with Grob connecting to WiFi. It connects to my building WiFi while in the underground garage and to my phone's when driving. The only thing I had to fix was to move my Hotspot from 5GHz to 2.4 GHz, since GROM WiFi can only 2.4GHz networks. Latest versions of Android support Instant Tethering, and that's really the holy grail feature for tethering.
BTW. The ability to reboot Android from an App requires ROOT access, so we'll never see an app that does that. Grom would have to add a backdoor to some settings screen to allow a reboot - GROM, are you listening? hint hint hint.
Old 06-28-17 | 01:11 AM
gromaudio
Vendor

I'm glad it's not only me. Maybe I'll try to turn off wifi before getting out of the car, since it's hard to get it working again.

I've never had a problem with Grob connecting to WiFi. It connects to my building WiFi while in the underground garage and to my phone's when driving. The only thing I had to fix was to move my Hotspot from 5GHz to 2.4 GHz, since GROM WiFi can only 2.4GHz networks. Latest versions of Android support Instant Tethering, and that's really the holy grail feature for tethering.
BTW. The ability to reboot Android from an App requires ROOT access, so we'll never see an app that does that. Grom would have to add a backdoor to some settings screen to allow a reboot - GROM, are you listening? hint hint hint.
We are looking into instability after wake up. This is the Realtek driver issue, and not affecting all devices.
In the mean time the simplest way to restart:
Switch to VLine:
Tap on screen (anywhere) , press Track UP - repeat 3 times
Tap on screen (anywhere) , press Track DOWN - repeat 3 times
Tap on screen (anywhere) , press Track UP
It will show Recovery screen with ability to restart the system

Quick Reply: anyone getting the grom vline?