IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

anyone getting the grom vline?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-17, 05:40 PM
newgsman
Instructor

Received 90 Likes on 61 Posts

When is the next firmware update coming out. The response " its coming shortly" is getting tiresome. So is the fact that bluetooth only works for very few select devices. Tried to connect to a bluetooth ELM27 device and VLine doesn't even see it. Even my 6 year old HTC phone found and paired to it no problem.
Old 07-30-17, 11:12 PM
Jaxxy89
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I just got my Vline last week, installed it and it generally works but there's a few bugs that are annoying me.

​​​​The factory GPS in my is250 doesn't work (external unit not connected error message) so one of the big wins for me was having Google maps/Waze etc, however it doesn't seem to get any GPS signal from the antenna, I mounted it on the dash board as per installation instructions and double checked all the connections, everything seems to be good but still no signal. All the map apps seem to run extremely rough too, very laggy and crash alot, would assume they're resource intensive apps but without a gps signal and smooth operation the GPS is useless.

So far voice search has never worked for me, it only worked once for me using 'google assistant' but if I try to use the standard voice function from the main screen I get nothing. (Microphone is plugged in properly etc)

On the plus side the other reason I purchased the Vline is the ability to stream music via Bluetooth or from USB, so far I haven't had any major issues playing music from either apart from a few laggy moments when it seems to get caught up. I have a 64gb USB stick with my entire music library loaded into it and once it had initially scanned the USB which took a while it seems to work ok. With such a huge amount of music to sift through its difficult to find a particular song or artist, though I feel of the voice search function worked it would be much easier.

All in all I think it has a lot of potential to modernise the entertainment system of my 11 year old car and hopefully eventually GROM will iron out all the bugs.
Old 08-03-17, 12:16 PM
s2kjer
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaxxy89
So I just got my Vline last week, installed it and it generally works but there's a few bugs that are annoying me.

​​​​The factory GPS in my is250 doesn't work (external unit not connected error message) so one of the big wins for me was having Google maps/Waze etc, however it doesn't seem to get any GPS signal from the antenna, I mounted it on the dash board as per installation instructions and double checked all the connections, everything seems to be good but still no signal. All the map apps seem to run extremely rough too, very laggy and crash alot, would assume they're resource intensive apps but without a gps signal and smooth operation the GPS is useless.
Sounds like a bad installation. You broke something or something is unplugged
Old 08-18-17, 09:43 AM
MattAg06
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Have there been any updates on the VL2? I am holding off on purchasing the VL1 because it seemed like it was coming out this summer.
Old 08-21-17, 04:14 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

Received 151 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by MattAg06
Have there been any updates on the VL2? I am holding off on purchasing the VL1 because it seemed like it was coming out this summer.
We are testing new hardware, and expect it to take at least two month if all goes well. Thank you for your interest in GROM Vline!
The following users liked this post:
MattAg06 (08-21-17)
Old 08-21-17, 04:16 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

We created a lots of demo videos and made a playlist on our YouTube channel:

The playlist include:
Maps: Google Maps, Waze, Sygic, Here WeGo, iGo
Music Apps Embedded: Spotify, Web Radio, Google Music and Local (stored on USB stick) music
Music Apps External: Amazon Music, Pandora, Podcast, Sound Cloud

Drive Happy!

Last edited by gromaudio; 08-21-17 at 04:23 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-21-17, 06:14 PM
newgsman
Instructor

Received 90 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by gromaudio
We are testing new hardware, and expect it to take at least two month if all goes well. Thank you for your interest in GROM Vline!
How is new hardware going to help those of us that have the old hardware. Will you be providing us with a warranty upgrade?
s2kjer (08-23-17)
Old 08-21-17, 07:45 PM
jadeboy
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I am getting sick of waiting for an update. I have been waiting 2 months for a wifi bug which does not allow reconnection to a wifi device and issue with local music. The device is functional 50% of the time.

I have emailed them about the issues. The solution for the release went from 2 weeks, after 2 weeks.. it would be next early/mid week, then nothing... now it's in beta with no eta.

Anyone have an archive of all the firmware for the Lexus Toyota 2010-2012, I would like to downgrade the firmware. The current firmware is unusable.
s2kjer (09-06-17)
Old 08-22-17, 11:53 AM
mahcah
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts

Yeah ask for the very first one. I mainly use it for CarPlay and hardly gives me issues.
Old 09-06-17, 01:16 PM
s2kjer
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Unhappy

We created a lots of demo videos and made a playlist on our YouTube channel:
https://youtu.be/y-2NXz9Pkqo

The playlist include:
Maps: Google Maps, Waze, Sygic, Here WeGo, iGo
Music Apps Embedded: Spotify, Web Radio, Google Music and Local (stored on USB stick) music
Music Apps External: Amazon Music, Pandora, Podcast, Sound Cloud

Drive Happy!
It's a little ironic that you posted a YouTube video and most of the time I cant even run YouTube without the Vline rebooting.
I hope you figure out what causes this and fix it sometime soon. It is really annoying!
Old 09-13-17, 04:03 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

Originally Posted by s2kjer
It's a little ironic that you posted a YouTube video and most of the time I cant even run YouTube without the Vline rebooting.
I hope you figure out what causes this and fix it sometime soon. It is really annoying!
I recommend to contact tech support at http://gromaudio.com/support,html. Please let them know your Lexus model/year. Please also check the VLine version that you have via Settings --.About Device --> VLine system updates

How to check VLine version
Settings --> About Device --> VLine System Updates

How to check what version is installed on your VLine.
If you already have the support ticket open, please PM me the ticket number so I can check.
Old 09-13-17, 09:30 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

Just a heads up. We are releasing new updates tomorrow and Friday.
9/14 system update:
1. Sleep/SmartScheduler disabled for further testing
2. More stable startup

OTA on 9/15
1. Wifi/BT should restore its state all the time if managed from Settings page
2. CarPlay fixes, prevents pixelation and crashes.
3. New Dashlinq 3.0 with faster cover arts, startup and full rework in plugins
4. HDMI IN plugin fixed
5. A2DP plugin fixes

All VLine customers will get emails on Monday about the update.
Stay tuned !
Old 09-15-17, 02:08 PM
jadeboy
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Just a heads up. We are releasing new updates tomorrow and Friday.
9/14 system update:
1. Sleep/SmartScheduler disabled for further testing
2. More stable startup

OTA on 9/15
1. Wifi/BT should restore its state all the time if managed from Settings page
2. CarPlay fixes, prevents pixelation and crashes.
3. New Dashlinq 3.0 with faster cover arts, startup and full rework in plugins
4. HDMI IN plugin fixed
5. A2DP plugin fixes

All VLine customers will get emails on Monday about the update.
Stay tuned !
2012 Lexus ISF.

I just installed everything and been playing around for about 30 minutes. The new updates seem to fix everything that makes the vline unusable.

1. Reboot function - thanks!
2. Local Music management has changed and seems to be fully functional. For those that get an error, go to the settings and update the path of Local Music to fix the problem. The Local Music Navigation arrow, when clicks seem to load the default map application (Waze) before it would always load google map and not default map application.
3. Wifi disconnect - only briefly tested.. but it seems to work great.. very quick connect after disconnect.

Will report back after more testing. Great work Grom!
Old 09-16-17, 07:58 AM
FWizard
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

GROM, I believe you mentioned midway August that the next generation hardware is currently being tested and will be released in 2 months? Do you think it will be out by Christmas? Looking at it as a great gift for myself
Thanks.
Old 09-16-17, 05:03 PM
eaglclon12
Driver School Candidate

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts

CarPlay stopped working after update. Anyone else have this issue

Quick Reply: anyone getting the grom vline?