IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

anyone getting the grom vline?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-17, 08:50 PM
leonrojo18
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default CarPlay broken with iOS 11

updated to goldenmaster final edition of ios11 on iPhone and sound will not come out of car speakers. Car play recognizes phone but no matter what, all sound comes out of iPhone. I am using the last software from May, will try the new software that was supposed to be released yesterday. Can anyone else test this and message here?
Old 09-19-17, 08:45 AM
unagijimbo
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by eaglclon12
CarPlay stopped working after update. Anyone else have this issue
Is it malfunctioning or is it just not allowing you to connect? Did you try the ten tap to activate?

I'm probably going to wait to update until more reviews come in, definitely do not want to lose carplay functionality.
Old 09-19-17, 08:48 AM
leonrojo18
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by unagijimbo
Is it malfunctioning or is it just not allowing you to connect? Did you try the ten tap to activate?

I'm probably going to wait to update until more reviews come in, definitely do not want to lose carplay functionality.
good news, I fixed it. Carplay now requires that iPhone be connected via Bluetooth to vline in addition to the cable. However, Bluetooth can be spotty
Old 09-19-17, 02:08 PM
newgsman
Instructor

Received 90 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by gromaudio
Just a heads up. We are releasing new updates tomorrow and Friday.
9/14 system update:
1. Sleep/SmartScheduler disabled for further testing
2. More stable startup

OTA on 9/15
1. Wifi/BT should restore its state all the time if managed from Settings page
2. CarPlay fixes, prevents pixelation and crashes.
3. New Dashlinq 3.0 with faster cover arts, startup and full rework in plugins
4. HDMI IN plugin fixed
5. A2DP plugin fixes

All VLine customers will get emails on Monday about the update.
Stay tuned !
Did anyone get an e-mail notice? I didn't find anything in my inbox. Is this only for limited versions Vline?
Old 09-19-17, 03:15 PM
jadeboy
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Well, it has been several days since the updates.. 2012 ISF.

1. The Backup Camera seems to work perfectly now, I haven't had a single time it didn't work, in the past, it was 50/50.

2. Google Local Music is a little better but still has issues in which it forgets its music mount path. I have my music on a USB memory stick, set the mount path, now about 20% it reset back to a memory card and another 10% reset to internal memory. In the past, it was about 40/60 not working. Does anyone know what memory card (model) that has worked in vline? I have tried cheap kingston which has not work, it only heat up the card really hot.

3. Digitalizer freezing, when running Waze (haven't really really tried anything else), the digitializer would literally freeze, waze is still displaying the map and changes but you can't press on anything. I might have fixed it by pressing the AUX button several times. This is a new bug, this has never happened in the past.

4. The super annoying wifi connection bug seems to be fixed.
Old 09-20-17, 12:29 PM
eaglclon12
Driver School Candidate

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by unagijimbo

i figured it out. It was the USB extension that came with the unit. I bypassed it and plugged my lighting cable directly into USB 1 port. Now it works fine.
Old 09-21-17, 09:09 AM
rehr0001
Pit Crew

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

There are definitely some issues with ios11 and the vline carplay. As described above - there is no audio through the USB/lightning interface. If you want audio you need to make sure you're connected via bluetooth. The audio is transmitted through BT, now, not the physical connection. The result is definitely lower quality audio - and having to deal with the finickiness of BT (connects/disconnects, pops/crackles, etc).

Vline -is this on your radar?

I'm running the most recent firmware and updates.
Old 09-21-17, 01:35 PM
unagijimbo
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by rehr0001
There are definitely some issues with ios11 and the vline carplay. As described above - there is no audio through the USB/lightning interface. If you want audio you need to make sure you're connected via bluetooth. The audio is transmitted through BT, now, not the physical connection. The result is definitely lower quality audio - and having to deal with the finickiness of BT (connects/disconnects, pops/crackles, etc).

Thanks for the info! I think I'm going to hold off on the update of my phone and Vline for now, everything has been working smoothly for me on the Vline (with the exception of intermittent backup cam issue, and I can live with that). When the Vline is working, it makes my driving experience as good as it gets.
Old 09-21-17, 01:52 PM
eaglclon12
Driver School Candidate

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts

yup I getting the same issue. I’m going back to iOS 10.3.3
Old 09-25-17, 10:00 AM
crazy_vag
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It sounds like a regression caused by ios11, not so much by VLine. In the end, if you're a CarPlay user, don't upgrade your iPhone. If you're NOT a carplay user, then definitely get this upgrade!
Old 09-27-17, 10:50 AM
Cpartipilo
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have gotten emails from different car audio manufacturers I have subscribed to advising to hold off the iOS11 update because it messes with CarPlay on their units, and those are fully certified by apple. Pioneer was the most adamant stating in the lines of "DO NOT UPDATE OR IT WILL BREAK"

As always i'm holding off until iOS 11.1 or even the 11.1.1 update before I upgrade my devices, i've had very bad experiences in the past, especially with connected peripherals that just stop working.
Old 09-27-17, 04:46 PM
drischnie
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How can i activate the CarPlay Plugin ?? I pluged my iphone on it and the carplay is grey, when i click on it, it says "Activate CarPlay UI disabled" ....

And is there anywhere a button where i can close apps that are running in the background??

thanks for your help and sorry for my bad english

i have the newest firmware 29 and the latest OTA patches on it.
Old 09-27-17, 06:12 PM
s2kjer
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I just updated and I am getting random freezing when I am at the launcher.
The only way I can unfreeze it is to switch to a different input and then go back.... WTF GROM??
Old 09-27-17, 09:24 PM
jadeboy
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by s2kjer
I just updated and I am getting random freezing when I am at the launcher.
The only way I can unfreeze it is to switch to a different input and then go back.... WTF GROM??
I confirmed this also happened to me. I am surprised they didn't catch this in testing.
Old 09-28-17, 11:52 AM
crazy_vag
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jadeboy
I confirmed this also happened to me. I am surprised they didn't catch this in testing.
I haven't seen any freezing. Also, not using iPhone or CarPlay.

Quick Reply: anyone getting the grom vline?