IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

anyone getting the grom vline?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-17 | 01:34 PM
jadeboy
Intermediate

Originally Posted by WillAP1
So you're saying the path doesn't reset if you use an SD card and no USB drive?
Yes.. since switching over the SanDisk Ultra 64GB microSDXC.

The only wishlist for the Local Music player is to be able to save shuffle random songs instead of playing song sequence by default.
The following users liked this post:
WillAP1 (11-27-17)
Old 11-27-17 | 04:48 PM
newgsman
Instructor

Ok, I'll try just the memory card with no USB next time I drive the car. Winter's coming and it only get duty if it's really nice a dry out. Sometimes only once in two or three weeks.

BTW, has anyone else noticed some distortion with some music when using the Poweramp app as their music player. I am not sure if the distortion is due to the app, the mp3 compression (320 Bit rate), FLAC compression (I have a mix of both types) or if it is the Vline unit. I only hear distortion sometimes on a few different songs, All of my music is ripped from my own CD's so the source was good, I just don't know if it is the ripping software I used or if it is the app. One of these days I will have to note down when I hear the distortion and then try and listen to the same files on another player. Interested to know if any one else has had any similar experience.
Old 11-28-17 | 05:25 PM
drischnie
Driver School Candidate

today i had an OTA Vline update to VL3.3.0.0 .... installed it... but still no CarPlay Sound....
Old 11-28-17 | 10:23 PM
banserki
Driver School Candidate

MY Vline problems.
No reverse camera
bluetooth connects 50% the time
When bluetooth connects 50% chance no app sounds, gets system sounds though.
20% time screen is black.
Bluetooth often drops.
Old 11-30-17 | 07:37 AM
KYLS
Pit Crew
CL Folding 500000

Originally Posted by gromaudio
We wait until latest stable IOS build to avoid extra work. Seems like 11.2 will be out soon. If things are not fixed by Apple, we'll work on our end.
Isn’t the 11.2 beta update already available to developers? Have you verified if that contains a fix for the GROM CarPlay issue?

In the future, It would be nice if GROM could pre-test iOS updates and inform customers beforehand if CarPlay is going to break, since it is not possible to downgrade the iOS once applied. The BT work-around is better than nothing, but a step backwards. Hopefully you can understand your customers are frustrated after a promise of a fix, then a long wait, and now more delay to see if Apple will fix it in an update. I would have stuck with iOS 10 had I known in advance of the problem.
Old 11-30-17 | 07:43 AM
s2kjer
Driver

Mine did a S/W update last night that was over 100mb and going in reverse still disables the touch screen.
Wondering what it DID fix.... lol
Old 11-30-17 | 01:12 PM
banserki
Driver School Candidate

How much does teh swap from VL1 to VL2 cost?
Old 11-30-17 | 01:17 PM
jadeboy
Intermediate

Originally Posted by s2kjer
Mine did a S/W update last night that was over 100mb and going in reverse still disables the touch screen.
Wondering what it DID fix.... lol
Mine is working perfectly with reverse and touch screen.. but I got internal a file from grom that updates the "VBase"... The 100+mb only update the "Vcore" 2.1.0.0 -> VL3.3.0.0.

Last edited by jadeboy; 11-30-17 at 07:33 PM.
Old 11-30-17 | 02:01 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

Waiting for VL2 release date to avoid having to upgrade...was going to pull the trigger today and luckily I have not updated to iOS 10.

Last edited by robertrios; 11-30-17 at 02:04 PM.
Old 11-30-17 | 09:28 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

Originally Posted by banserki
MY Vline problems.
No reverse camera
bluetooth connects 50% the time
When bluetooth connects 50% chance no app sounds, gets system sounds though.
20% time screen is black.
Bluetooth often drops.
We have fixed all the issues. Make sure to update both loader and Android via OTA. I suggest updating OTA to 3.3.1 first, then it will prompt you to update loader firmware either via OTA or Flash drive depending on firmware you have.
Old 11-30-17 | 09:33 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

Originally Posted by KYLS
Isn’t the 11.2 beta update already available to developers? Have you verified if that contains a fix for the GROM CarPlay issue?

In the future, It would be nice if GROM could pre-test iOS updates and inform customers beforehand if CarPlay is going to break, since it is not possible to downgrade the iOS once applied. The BT work-around is better than nothing, but a step backwards. Hopefully you can understand your customers are frustrated after a promise of a fix, then a long wait, and now more delay to see if Apple will fix it in an update. I would have stuck with iOS 10 had I known in advance of the problem.
CarPlay is not an advertised feature of VLine, We provide it for testing only. I would suggest waiting for 2-3 months before upgrading to a new major IOS firmware in the future to avoid incompatibilities and bugs introduced with the major updates.
Old 11-30-17 | 09:35 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

Originally Posted by robertrios
Waiting for VL2 release date to avoid having to upgrade...was going to pull the trigger today and luckily I have not updated to iOS 10.
We will start production before the NY. Around Dec-20. There will be announce around that time. If everything goes well, it will be ready by end of Jan.
Old 12-01-17 | 03:49 AM
drischnie
Driver School Candidate

CarPlay is not an advertised feature of VLine
but you said you are in the certificate phase....
Old 12-01-17 | 01:58 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

Originally Posted by drischnie
but you said you are in the certificate phase....
Correct, certification is ongoing right now.
Old 12-02-17 | 10:13 PM
rehr0001
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by gromaudio
CarPlay is not an advertised feature of VLine, We provide it for testing only. I would suggest waiting for 2-3 months before upgrading to a new major IOS firmware in the future to avoid incompatibilities and bugs introduced with the major updates.
LOL, that’s rich. You mean CarPlay isn’t an advertised feature ANYMORE. It most certainly was advertised when I bought my unit. Don’t try and use that cop out.

Quick Reply: anyone getting the grom vline?