IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

anyone getting the grom vline?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-18, 05:01 PM
chucktaylu
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can someone let me know if I installed mine wrong or is my unit a dud? After hooking everything up, all I get a blank screen after the lexus logo. My regular navi no longer worked.
Edit: 2006 is250 with navi

Blue Y connector wire thing. This part was pretty self explanatory. Blue to to blue and the white was plugged into the middle white connector towards the bottom of the console.

The second white wire was what confused me. In the video on Groms youtube video, they connect it on the back of the console. However, none of the inputs on the back of the unit fit this second wire. The only one that fit was on the side of the console. So thats what I plugged it into. On Groms pdf instruction, they dont even mention this wire. Is it not needed?

Last edited by chucktaylu; 01-28-18 at 05:02 PM. Reason: additional info
Old 01-28-18, 05:57 PM
specONE
Racer

Received 499 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by chucktaylu
Can someone let me know if I installed mine wrong or is my unit a dud? After hooking everything up, all I get a blank screen after the lexus logo. My regular navi no longer worked.

The second white wire was what confused me. In the video on Groms youtube video, they connect it on the back of the console. However, none of the inputs on the back of the unit fit this second wire. The only one that fit was on the side of the console. So thats what I plugged it into. On Groms pdf instruction, they dont even mention this wire. Is it not needed?
your clock doesn't work currently right?
looks like you plugged into the clock hazard button harness. You need to make connection at the rear of the stereo and not connector mounted to the side of the stereo
stereo
undo what you did for white connector and look for connection at rear of stereo, good luck
The following users liked this post:
chucktaylu (01-30-18)
Old 01-28-18, 07:27 PM
chucktaylu
Rookie

Originally Posted by specONE
your clock doesn't work currently right?
looks like you plugged into the clock hazard button harness. You need to make connection at the rear of the stereo and not connector mounted to the side of the stereo
stereo
undo what you did for white connector and look for connection at rear of stereo, good luck
I think I may have missed the row of connectors at the very bottom of the console. I dont remember seeing them when I was trying to install but it was dark and based on diagrams they should be there. Im hoping thats where the white connectors go, Ill try again tomorrow.
Any tips on how to fish the wires into the glove box? Im planning on leaving the Vline in there.
Old 01-28-18, 08:30 PM
specONE
Racer

Received 499 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by chucktaylu
I think I may have missed the row of connectors at the very bottom of the console. I dont remember seeing them when I was trying to install but it was dark and based on diagrams they should be there. Im hoping thats where the white connectors go, Ill try again tomorrow.
Any tips on how to fish the wires into the glove box? Im planning on leaving the Vline in there.
for the 2IS ,
There's a little flap at the back of the glovebox that comes off for you to change your air filter, you can get the wires to come out there.
Easy way is to drop the panel under the glovebox to help facilitate fishing the wire through that hole.
chucktaylu (01-30-18)
Old 01-29-18, 08:47 PM
pmw121
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by loxs
I have installed VLine and now my stock navigation is a blinking white screen. Same for reverse camera. Everything else (including VLine) works. Any ideas on what might have gone wrong?
did you ever get a resolution on this issue? I'm experiencing the same thing.
Old 01-30-18, 08:16 AM
chucktaylu
Rookie

Originally Posted by specONE
for the 2IS ,
There's a little flap at the back of the glovebox that comes off for you to change your air filter, you can get the wires to come out there.
Easy way is to drop the panel under the glovebox to help facilitate fishing the wire through that hole.
I finished the install last night. Fishing the wires from the navi location into the glove box was a PIA. It took me 2 hours to do the install. If it wasnt for fishing the wires, it probably would have taken 15 minutes.
My initial impression is a little disappointment. The system seems sluggish. I wasnt able to d/l any apps, they just hung on the d/l progress bar. Ill just sideload everything. The system doesnt always boot up when it suppose to. I only played around with it for 15 min since it was pretty late. I hope it gets better once I get some apps loaded.
Old 01-30-18, 08:38 AM
WillAP1
Intermediate

Received 114 Likes on 76 Posts

I'd recommend just removing the glovebox to run the wires. I agree it is a PIA trying to run the wires with it in. Its much faster to remove it, run the wires and put it back in. It's really not much more effort to remove it if you've already removed the lower panel.
Old 02-05-18, 01:38 AM
DeeBrown
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 495 usd PRE-SALE!!! ???

Hey guys we learned a few days ago that Grom is planning to have pre-sale price of 495 usd for the new VLine... Are you willing to pay this much or how much ?
Old 02-05-18, 03:41 AM
Arvid
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Pricing for update from Vline V1 to V2 ???
Arvid
Old 02-05-18, 07:22 AM
Mbbarron
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by DeeBrown
Hey guys we learned a few days ago that Grom is planning to have pre-sale price of 495 usd for the new VLine... Are you willing to pay this much or how much ?
I'm not willing to pay that much. I would pay no more than $400 max personally. I don't think this is worth more than $500 total, including installation cost. We're likely going to be hassled contacting them to work out bugs, etc. and that should be worth a discount. This feels overpriced, AND without a discount for hassle on a beta version.
s2kjer (02-07-18)
Old 02-05-18, 09:24 AM
400to300H
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by DeeBrown
No, passed on a used v1, wanted a v2 instead. It was on my list even knowing it would be buggy but at that price Ill have to pass on the v2 also.
s2kjer (02-07-18)
Old 02-05-18, 03:55 PM
DeeBrown
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 400to300H
No, passed on a used v1, wanted a v2 instead. It was on my list even knowing it would be buggy but at that price Ill have to pass on the v2 also.
Im in the same position... I will pass at 495$ USD plus shipping...nope can't be paying this much knowing that vl1 still having small issues. At 295$ pre sale knowing it still in beta ok 395 retail no more cause at 495$ people will expecting and demanding a near PERFECT solution for our car multi media.
s2kjer (02-07-18)
Old 02-05-18, 04:06 PM
Anatoliy
Driver

Please post specs for v2
Old 02-06-18, 12:55 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

Received 151 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by Anatoliy
Please post specs for v2
All VL2 basic specs are the same. The key difference:
- MCU RK3288 (~2.7 times faster)
- HDMI OUT enabled for backseat or HUD
- 3GB/4GB RAM
- Android 5.1 (7.1 updated in April)
- Wifi/BT with latest BCM chipset (2.4GHz/5GHz)
Old 02-07-18, 10:54 AM
Anatoliy
Driver

Originally Posted by gromaudio
All VL2 basic specs are the same. The key difference:
- MCU RK3288 (~2.7 times faster)
- HDMI OUT enabled for backseat or HUD
- 3GB/4GB RAM
- Android 5.1 (7.1 updated in April)
- Wifi/BT with latest BCM chipset (2.4GHz/5GHz)
What about Audio DAC specs?

Quick Reply: anyone getting the grom vline?