anyone getting the grom vline?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-18, 08:17 AM
Mbbarron
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by gromaudio
Please see demo here:
Thanks for the demo with the RTC. Would love to see a demo on a 2013+ LS460. Curious about how it looks on the 12.3" Nav split screen. Will it only show on the left side of the screen? Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong forum.
Old 05-16-18, 09:31 AM
gromaudio
Vendor

Received 151 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by Mbbarron
Thanks for the demo with the RTC. Would love to see a demo on a 2013+ LS460. Curious about how it looks on the 12.3" Nav split screen. Will it only show on the left side of the screen? Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong forum.
Yes, only left portion of the screen is used. Right part is still factory.
Old 05-16-18, 01:03 PM
scommando1
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

7.1 has not affected CarPlay. Most likely the first shipments will go out with 5.1 to lower the risk. We will roll out 7.1 around mid June after more testing is completed. AirPlay video will be posted shortly.
Let me get this straight. I payed around $500 for a device that boasted of it's primary upgrade features being Android 7.1 - yet, it doesn't come included in the box?

I'm not trying to join the complaint train, but I haven't even received my package and I'm already greeted with disappointment. How do I receive a discount? The product isn't even what it claimed to be upon purchase with Android 7.1. I know that a good amount of work probably went into it, but that doesn't excuse not delivering the same product you promised on launch day for just under $500. If you're about customer satisfaction, please provide a discount of sorts for those whom pre-ordered one thing and are receiving another.

End of rant.

Slavik
Old 05-16-18, 03:39 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

Originally Posted by scommando1
Let me get this straight. I payed around $500 for a device that boasted of it's primary upgrade features being Android 7.1 - yet, it doesn't come included in the box?

I'm not trying to join the complaint train, but I haven't even received my package and I'm already greeted with disappointment. How do I receive a discount? The product isn't even what it claimed to be upon purchase with Android 7.1. I know that a good amount of work probably went into it, but that doesn't excuse not delivering the same product you promised on launch day for just under $500. If you're about customer satisfaction, please provide a discount of sorts for those whom pre-ordered one thing and are receiving another.

End of rant.

Slavik
We decided to release with 5.1 to avoid any unknown issues with so many new things at once. We will gradually roll out new features once first deliveries are made.
If you want to get a refund due to this, no worries, please send our support team a note, they will gladly process it asap !
Old 05-16-18, 10:34 PM
armourer
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Grom, how can I debug Spotify stop playing in the middle of the song ?
The official app from the market works well on the same connection....
Old 05-17-18, 07:55 AM
Mbbarron
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

[QUOTE=scommando1;10200770]Let me get this straight. I payed around $500 for a device that boasted of it's primary upgrade features being Android 7.1 - yet, it doesn't come included in the box?/QUOTE]
I agree. Grom Audio: You advertised that the product we are purchasing will be shipped on or after May 25th with Android 7.1. I don't understand how you can now state (AFTER having taken orders and payment) that as a company we decided NOT to ship the product with 7.1 but instead a downgraded version. How does that seem like you are fulfilling an order placed for a specific product with specific requirements? I believe there are consumer protection laws against this. Put in the extra man hours needed to get it done and shipped out as promised/advertised.
Old 05-17-18, 09:20 AM
gromaudio
Vendor

Originally Posted by Mbbarron
I agree. Grom Audio: You advertised that the product we are purchasing will be shipped on or after May 25th with Android 7.1. I don't understand how you can now state (AFTER having taken orders and payment) that as a company we decided NOT to ship the product with 7.1 but instead a downgraded version. How does that seem like you are fulfilling an order placed for a specific product with specific requirements? I believe there are consumer protection laws against this. Put in the extra man hours needed to get it done and shipped out as promised/advertised.
There will be official announcement going out tomorrow about this change. We expect to roll out 7.1 late June after extensive testing.
Since the product has not been shipped yet, simply let us know your decision via support form and we'll gladly refund the preorder. You can order the product when 7.1 is out.

Last edited by gromaudio; 05-17-18 at 09:24 AM.
Old 05-17-18, 09:23 AM
gromaudio
Vendor

Originally Posted by armourer
Grom, how can I debug Spotify stop playing in the middle of the song ?
The official app from the market works well on the same connection....
We have reworked Dashlinq app to have more stable and sleek multimedia experience. It will get into VLine around mid July.
Try our beta version and let us know if you see any issues in Spotify with the new version:
https://play.google.com/apps/testing...audio.dashlinq
Old 05-17-18, 12:24 PM
armourer
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

We have reworked Dashlinq app to have more stable and sleek multimedia experience. It will get into VLine around mid July.
Try our beta version and let us know if you see any issues in Spotify with the new version:
Thanks for quick response, but I can't update this app on my Vline unit. When I click on your link and accept beta testing program I have only one button in Google Play: "Open".
There is no "Update" button in my Vline.
What I have missed ?
Old 05-17-18, 01:58 PM
unagijimbo
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Will there be a fix for CarPlay before then? Is there any way I can downgrade my software and go back to previous version?
Old 05-17-18, 02:00 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

Originally Posted by armourer
Thanks for quick response, but I can't update this app on my Vline unit. When I click on your link and accept beta testing program I have only one button in Google Play: "Open".
There is no "Update" button in my Vline.
What I have missed ?
Beta version available on phones only. I suggest trying it out to make sure you see no issues with Spotify and let us know. We plan on having it released on VLine early July
Old 05-17-18, 02:02 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

Originally Posted by unagijimbo
Will there be a fix for CarPlay before then? Is there any way I can downgrade my software and go back to previous version?
We did not have complaints on it so far. Please reach our support to see where is the problem
Old 05-17-18, 03:03 PM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by scommando1
Let me get this straight. I payed around $500 for a device that boasted of it's primary upgrade features being Android 7.1 - yet, it doesn't come included in the box?/QUOTE]
Yep, sounds like a good ol' bait and switch.
The following users liked this post:
MT1981 (05-18-18)
Old 05-17-18, 05:31 PM
summerst1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There will be official announcement going out tomorrow about this change. We expect to roll out 7.1 late June after extensive testing.
Since the product has not been shipped yet, simply let us know your decision via support form and we'll gladly refund the preorder. You can order the product when 7.1 is out.
Grom: to summarize consumer protection law: the minute payment is tendered you are legally obligated to deliver the item as specified on a specified date. Simply saying take your money back or accept a materially different item is not the law.

Have you ever noticed why your Amazon order gets charged a whole day later? They only charge your card once the item is packed, that way they won't mess up big time like you.

Additionally, you have been sitting on our capital for three months. I will settle for wireless carplay released OTA within three months.

Don't play the "okay take your money back game". It is irresponsible and ruins your brand. It makes GROM appear as if only money motivated, and uncaring about the product or the consumers. If you want more money Grom, build the product we want. It will sell on its own.

EDIT: GROM Business Idea: Sell $2,000 brand new Macbook Pros deliverable in 6 months online for $1250. Then after 5 months, tell them it's actually the Macbook Pro from 2009, still in it's new boxing. Then issue the refund. Meanwhile, put the cash into investment grade securities yielding 4.5%. If you get 10,000 sales you could invest the $12.5MM, and have about 1/2 a million in income per year. GENIUS.

Last edited by summerst1; 05-17-18 at 06:07 PM. Reason: rant more
Old 05-17-18, 06:13 PM
scommando1
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by summerst1
Grom: to summarize consumer protection law: the minute payment is tendered you are legally obligated to deliver the item as specified on a specified date. Simply saying take your money back or accept a materially different item is not the law.

Have you ever noticed why your Amazon order gets charged a whole day later? They only charge your card once the item is packed, that way they won't mess up big time like you.

Additionally, you have been sitting on our capital for three months. I will settle for wireless carplay released OTA within three months.

Don't play the "okay take your money back game". It is irresponsible and ruins your brand. It makes GROM appear as if only money motivated, and uncaring about the product or the consumers. If you want more money Grom, build the product we want. It will sell on its own.

EDIT: GROM Business Idea: Sell $2,000 brand new Macbook Pros deliverable in 6 months online for $1250. Then after 5 months, tell them it's actually the Macbook Pro from 2009, still in it's new boxing. Then issue the refund. Meanwhile, put the cash into investment grade securities yielding 4.5%. If you get 10,000 sales you could invest the $12.5MM, and have about 1/2 a million in income per year. GENIUS.
Agreed 100%. Adding to your point, in this very thread from yesterday to today, they've already changed their delivery date from "mid-June" to "late-June". Just a couple weeks from now, we should be getting a new announcement pushing it to early-July.

It would be a shame for the company if this was taken to court...

At the very least, I expect GROM to refund 50% to unsatisfied preorders for not delivering the product they promised and sold on paper.

Quick Reply: anyone getting the grom vline?