anyone getting the grom vline?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-18, 05:26 AM
brisk
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by banserki
It doesn't work wirelessly?
Played a bit with connecting it wirelessly but it was a bit slower then wired and had more skips and stutters then I would like.
Old 07-10-18, 09:56 PM
rcJten
Lead Lap

Received 74 Likes on 53 Posts

OTA released today for the startup issues. SW update went quick and easy. The FW is not installing though. It just sits at 100% downloaded, and never starts the install. Anyone else having this issue?

Regardless, with just the SW OTA the black screen at startup issue appears to be resolved.
Old 07-10-18, 10:59 PM
AaronS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rcJten
OTA released today for the startup issues. SW update went quick and easy. The FW is not installing though. It just sits at 100% downloaded, and never starts the install. Anyone else having this issue?
I'm having the same problem. I tried installing the firmware both before and after the software update. Same result both times.
Old 07-11-18, 08:36 AM
rcJten
Lead Lap

I had another black screen at startup this morning. I am hoping the FW gets fixed quickly, and is effective at fixing this issue.
Old 07-11-18, 02:16 PM
rcJten
Lead Lap

Another SW/FW released today. You may want to hold off on installing. SW installed without issue. FW downloaded and asked if I wanted to install. I hit yes, and 1-2 seconds later the screen went black. The Vline or factory system has not come back up regardless of what I try.
Old 07-11-18, 04:00 PM
brisk
Driver School Candidate

Another SW/FW released today. You may want to hold off on installing. SW installed without issue. FW downloaded and asked if I wanted to install. I hit yes, and 1-2 seconds later the screen went black. The Vline or factory system has not come back up regardless of what I try.
Hah, wish I read this a bit earlier. Figured I'd try the firmware update again after it hanging yesterday and ended up with the same result.
Old 07-11-18, 05:17 PM
rcJten
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by brisk
Hah, wish I read this a bit earlier. Figured I'd try the firmware update again after it hanging yesterday and ended up with the same result.
I was really hoping this was isolated to my unit only.

Contact Grom support. They were very responsive to my issue today, and helped me get everything worked out. I had to use a USB to flash FW to the unit, then it came back to life. After the Vline was up, I was able to do the OTA FW without any issues.
Old 07-12-18, 01:46 PM
AaronS
Driver School Candidate

I left mine sitting at the black screen for 10 minutes then turned the car off for 20 minutes.

When I started it up again it had updated and seemed to work fine.
Old 07-12-18, 03:55 PM
brisk
Driver School Candidate

I was really hoping this was isolated to my unit only.

Contact Grom support. They were very responsive to my issue today, and helped me get everything worked out. I had to use a USB to flash FW to the unit, then it came back to life. After the Vline was up, I was able to do the OTA FW without any issues.
Did they send you a file listed VL1 as well?
Old 07-12-18, 04:11 PM
rcJten
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by brisk
Did they send you a file listed VL1 as well?
Yes. gromvl1789_6.hex

Old 07-13-18, 11:57 AM
badbwoy007
Driver

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts
Default VL2 Startup Issues

Since the firmware update this week my unit will only start by putting the car in accessory mode which I can then proceed to start the car. Anyone having this issue ??

Prior to the update I was able to start the car and the unit startup with no issues.

Last edited by badbwoy007; 07-13-18 at 12:43 PM.
Old 07-13-18, 12:41 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

Received 151 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by badbwoy007
Since the firmware update this week my unit will only start by putting the carbon accessory mode which I can then proceed to start the car. Anyone having this issue ??
We can see the issue here with FW35 on some vehicles. Fix is in works. Should be ready today.
Old 07-14-18, 01:41 PM
KYLS
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Gromaudio,
  • Will upgrade kits for us VL1 users be available soon? I have two units I'd like to upgrade. Will it just be a matter of swapping out an internal board or two?
  • Are any sales on the VL2 units planned within the next month? CarPlay is my main concern, so a good price on a VL1, assuming it can be upgraded for a reasonable price, might also work. It would be for a 2008 LS600hl.
Old 07-14-18, 01:45 PM
joedaddy1
Racer

Received 191 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by KYLS
Gromaudio,
  • Will upgrade kits for us VL1 users be available soon? I have two units I'd like to upgrade. Will it just be a matter of swapping out an internal board or two?
  • Are any sales on the VL2 units planned within the next month? CarPlay is my main concern, so a good price on a VL1, assuming it can be upgraded for a reasonable price, might also work. It would be for a 2008 LS600hl.
what would a upgrade kit be? It’s like asking for an upgrade kit for your iPhone 7 when a new iPhone 8 is out.

not sure what VL1 owners are expecting hardware-wise... updated firmware/software probably.
Old 07-14-18, 01:47 PM
joedaddy1
Racer

Received 191 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by badbwoy007
Since the firmware update this week my unit will only start by putting the car in accessory mode which I can then proceed to start the car. Anyone having this issue ??

Prior to the update I was able to start the car and the unit startup with no issues.

i always have that issue. If I straight start the car, GROM works half the time. If I do ACC mode first, I think it worked every time. Pretty annoying but at least we figured it out. Lol

Quick Reply: anyone getting the grom vline?