IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

anyone getting the grom vline?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-18, 06:52 PM
ISF5L
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by chucktaylu
Recently, bluetooth as been constantly disconnecting on my V1. I would be able to connect to it with my phone without issue but it would immediately disconnect seconds after. I cant keep a connection for more than a few seconds. Anyone know whats going on?
Have you recently updated your phones firmware/software version? Have you attempted to forget the pair/unpair and retry to bluetooth to your vline again?
Old 09-02-18, 06:52 AM
chucktaylu
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF5L
Have you recently updated your phones firmware/software version? Have you attempted to forget the pair/unpair and retry to bluetooth to your vline again?
It happened when I switched from a S6 to a S7. I figured it might have been the phone, but I just upgraded again to a S8 and its still having the same problem. I tried updating to the latest Vline software, but that didnt help. I tried unpairing and repairing while also clearing the data / cache on both the vline and phones and that didnt help neither. Im all out of ideas.
Old 09-02-18, 02:21 PM
ISF5L
Pole Position

Originally Posted by chucktaylu
It happened when I switched from a S6 to a S7. I figured it might have been the phone, but I just upgraded again to a S8 and its still having the same problem. I tried updating to the latest Vline software, but that didnt help. I tried unpairing and repairing while also clearing the data / cache on both the vline and phones and that didnt help neither. Im all out of ideas.
I know you shouldnt have to but have you tried a factory reset on your Vline? A pain i know but it would be like a fresh install and pairing for the first time with your phone if you get my drift.

Ps I dont suppose by any chance, when you attempted to pair with your new phone/s, was the name of the device same as before. Did you give your phones different names. i.e. Some people upgrade but call their phone "Johns phone" or something like that with each new phone so perhaps Vline see's an old conenction. I had a similar issue with a Canon printer. Upgraded from an older to newer Canon printer and it connected but wouldn print until i uninstalled all existence of my previous printer (new one different name as well) as it does wireless printing

Last edited by ISF5L; 09-02-18 at 02:25 PM.
Old 09-12-18, 01:30 PM
unagijimbo
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Anybody try out CarPlay with iOS 12? Any issues to speak of? With iOS 11 there was no sound, I don't want to have to wait for a fix to keep using CarPlay.
Old 09-12-18, 05:40 PM
rehr0001
Pit Crew

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by unagijimbo
Anybody try out CarPlay with iOS 12? Any issues to speak of? With iOS 11 there was no sound, I don't want to have to wait for a fix to keep using CarPlay.
I was coming to ask the Grom the same thing Grom - have you tested ios12 beta to see if it is compatible with your version of carplay? What can we expect?
Old 09-12-18, 05:57 PM
s2kjer
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

If you think GROM is going to give you a straight answer about CarPlay you are dreaming. All they have ever said here from the start is that it is not officially approved or certified and is being tested. Hell, we can't even get a change log of the firmware updates when they roll out..... and now I see the Vline firmware section has been totally pulled from their website.
Old 09-12-18, 11:55 PM
newgsman
Instructor

Received 92 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by s2kjer
If you think GROM is going to give you a straight answer about CarPlay you are dreaming. All they have ever said here from the start is that it is not officially approved or certified and is being tested. Hell, we can't even get a change log of the firmware updates when they roll out..... and now I see the Vline firmware section has been totally pulled from their website.
I checked for firmware updates last week and found that my firmware was out dated so the system asked me if I want to update. I decided to update the firmware. The system downloaded the firmware on to my vline unit. The V-line then reboot and effectively went dead. I could not find an older version of the firmware online. My only saving grace was that I had an old version on my laptop from last year when the same thing happened with a previous firmware update event. I loaded on the old firmrware from my laptop and at least I know have an operational unit again. The only thing is that I am now running an older firmware version so I am probably going to have all the old headaches from last year.

Really have to wonder if this thing will ever get the bugs ironed out.
Old 09-13-18, 02:22 AM
isfvss
Racer

Received 144 Likes on 114 Posts

This has had bugs in it since 2016 NO THANKS.
Old 09-13-18, 04:38 AM
banserki
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

The android app Macrodroid is a gamechanger for me. My phone now automatically turns on wifi hotspot after it conencts to Vline throigh bluetooth and turns the hotspot off when VLINE disconnects
The following 3 users liked this post by banserki:
ghinchy (11-05-18), s2kjer (09-13-18), wildta (10-08-18)
Old 09-13-18, 04:05 PM
s2kjer
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by newgsman
I checked for firmware updates last week and found that my firmware was out dated so the system asked me if I want to update. I decided to update the firmware. The system downloaded the firmware on to my vline unit. The V-line then reboot and effectively went dead. I could not find an older version of the firmware online. My only saving grace was that I had an old version on my laptop from last year when the same thing happened with a previous firmware update event. I loaded on the old firmrware from my laptop and at least I know have an operational unit again. The only thing is that I am now running an older firmware version so I am probably going to have all the old headaches from last year.

I feel your pain... I have learned the hard way not to update the firmware anymore on this thing. Basically, don't fix what is not broken!
Old 09-13-18, 06:45 PM
chucktaylu
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF5L
I know you shouldnt have to but have you tried a factory reset on your Vline? A pain i know but it would be like a fresh install and pairing for the first time with your phone if you get my drift.

Ps I dont suppose by any chance, when you attempted to pair with your new phone/s, was the name of the device same as before. Did you give your phones different names. i.e. Some people upgrade but call their phone "Johns phone" or something like that with each new phone so perhaps Vline see's an old conenction. I had a similar issue with a Canon printer. Upgraded from an older to newer Canon printer and it connected but wouldn print until i uninstalled all existence of my previous printer (new one different name as well) as it does wireless printing
The names of all my phones have been different. Is it safe to do a factory reset? Previous posts suggests that doing so would brick the unit.
Old 09-14-18, 08:43 AM
gromaudio
Vendor

Received 155 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by newgsman

We see occasional update process glitches in some cases. It is not related to firmware but update sequence itself. We still work on it and it will help if you contact our support and pass all information that you have. In any case, here is the emergency recovery page:
https://gromaudio.com/software-vl1.html

Last edited by gromaudio; 09-14-18 at 09:11 AM.
The following users liked this post:
s2kjer (09-14-18)
Old 09-14-18, 08:47 AM
gromaudio
Vendor

Received 155 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by rehr0001
I was coming to ask the Grom the same thing Grom - have you tested ios12 beta to see if it is compatible with your version of carplay? What can we expect?
We do not test immediately after IOS release. First IOS releases usually glitchy and we wait till mid Nov when they stabilize to make sure everything works on our end. So far we had no complaints though.
Old 09-15-18, 05:24 PM
joedaddy1
Racer

Received 194 Likes on 151 Posts

How do we download Here We Go maps to the mircoSD card? The program is not recognizing the microSD card in settings-> storage.

Anyone know?
Old 09-16-18, 07:56 PM
ISF5L
Pole Position

Originally Posted by banserki
The android app Macrodroid is a gamechanger for me. My phone now automatically turns on wifi hotspot after it conencts to Vline throigh bluetooth and turns the hotspot off when VLINE disconnects
Yeah i use Macrodroid too, works well and been spreading the word. My only issue is after a phone call, i need to figure out a macro to turn hotspot back on (swtiches off when a call drops in)

Quick Reply: anyone getting the grom vline?