IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

anyone getting the grom vline?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-18, 01:48 PM
goto35
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

is i possible to do android auto with a android phone?
Old 09-26-18, 01:54 PM
unagijimbo
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by rehr0001
I also miss not being able to see the delays/incidents along your route options..
You can see the reports ahead on your phone instead of the turn by turn if you have a destination input.

Old 09-26-18, 02:16 PM
ISF5L
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

I miss that it doesn't show speed (nice to have posted speed limit, but I like the red indicator telling me to slow down), I didn't see where you can send a text of your arrival time to someone, and I also miss not being able to see the delays/incidents along your route options. I agree though, it's a lot easier to just plug in my phone and go than it is to connect the hotspot and wait for the GPS to get my position. I hope they eventually add all of the app functionality to CarPlay.
I use an Android vs IOS phone but i dont worry about Hotspot at all. I use an app called Macrodroid (im sure IOS would have something similar). It sets macros and conditions so when i get in my car (i always leave bluetooth on), it connects to the Vline and my phone will automatically kill wifi and turn on hotspot and do the reverse when leaving so its automatic, i never worry about it and my GPS receiver isnt hidden (its on the corner dash) so i get signal in about 15 seconds of starting up my car
Old 09-27-18, 11:33 AM
gromaudio
Vendor

Received 151 Likes on 121 Posts

Some news on 8.1 upgrade. Hope that first beta version will be available later next week. Will keep you posted !

8.1 stable debug build in progress on LEX6
The following 2 users liked this post by gromaudio:
ghinchy (11-05-18), ISF5L (09-27-18)
Old 09-27-18, 11:44 AM
OneFastF
Intermediate

Received 40 Likes on 21 Posts
Default STABLE NO glitches ?

I've been interested, but I want to know if all the bugs have been pushed out and if it has become a 1.0 software.
Old 09-27-18, 12:20 PM
WillAP1
Intermediate

Received 114 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by OneFastF
I've been interested, but I want to know if all the bugs have been pushed out and if it has become a 1.0 software.
You're setting yourself up for disappointment by even asking this question. Your best bet is to wait for it to release and let others be the guinea pigs and report any issues and then you can decide from there if its worth you updating.
Old 09-27-18, 12:22 PM
OneFastF
Intermediate

Received 40 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by WillAP1
You're setting yourself up for disappointment by even asking this question. Your best bet is to wait for it to release and let others be the guinea pigs and report any issues and then you can decide from there if its worth you updating.

Sigh... I'll put that money to some performance parts then.
Old 09-27-18, 12:28 PM
WillAP1
Intermediate

Received 114 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by OneFastF
Sigh... I'll put that money to some performance parts then.
Sorry man, it kind of sucks but just trying to be honest with you. I love my VLine and would still buy it again knowing the crap I've had to deal with... But with that said I still would be very hesitant to take anything Grom says about updates and stability at face value. I'm sure it will get to a fairly stable point eventually but when is just impossible to speculate on. I think that is (at least) partially why Grom has stopped commenting on it as much... and to be honest I'd rather them say nothing than say something they can't back up with reality.
Old 09-27-18, 12:53 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

Originally Posted by WillAP1
What exactly the issues you're still having with VL2 ? Did you try asking for help from our support ?
Old 09-27-18, 03:17 PM
rehr0001
Pit Crew

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by gromaudio
What exactly the issues you're still having with VL2 ? Did you try asking for help from our support ?
Your ability (inability?) to execute is well laid out in this thread. It is very reasonable to be skeptical about the stability of this new software.
Old 09-27-18, 04:53 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

Your ability (inability?) to execute is well laid out in this thread. It is very reasonable to be skeptical about the stability of this new software.
All minor issues with VL2 has been fixed in around 6 weeks timeframe. In a big part due to great people on a forum here with very constructive comments. Any constructive comment you still have ? Please share.
Old 09-27-18, 04:56 PM
ISF5L
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Looking forward to the update but that said, all is working well with mt V2 at the moment so happy how it performs.

Can you advise, will this latest update be Android Auto compatible, i think i read somewhere in thread that it is but not sure.
Old 09-28-18, 11:19 AM
rehr0001
Pit Crew

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

All minor issues with VL2 has been fixed in around 6 weeks timeframe. In a big part due to great people on a forum here with very constructive comments. Any constructive comment you still have ? Please share.
Hey - I'm one of your fans. I love my VL2 and have recommended to others here on the forum. You've got a great product. But as I said - the (painful) history is well documented in this thread.

Someone buying today and using the current software I suspect will be very happy. I'll be happy if we hear Android 8 is stable from the beginning, too. The past is not the future!
Old 09-28-18, 01:34 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

Someone buying today and using the current software I suspect will be very happy. I'll be happy if we hear Android 8 is stable from the beginning, too. The past is not the future!
Yes we will release 8.1 update for beta testers first. We do not expect too many issues but small hickups will need to be ironed out during that beta stage.
Old 09-30-18, 11:33 AM
rcJten
Lead Lap

Received 74 Likes on 53 Posts

Yes we will release 8.1 update for beta testers first. We do not expect too many issues but small hickups will need to be ironed out during that beta stage.
I'm willing to do the beta testing if possible.

Quick Reply: anyone getting the grom vline?