IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

anyone getting the grom vline?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-18, 08:29 AM
Arvid
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

So VL2 users, And GROM .....
are the VLine so good now , that it's time to ask Grom to send me VL2 upgrade stuff needed for a VL1 that has been tucked away in the closet for a more than a year now, waiting to get it updated with this option and finally have Vline to work as it should when it first was launched...? 😉

Regards
Arvid in Norway
2008 LS600hL w/ML

Last edited by Arvid; 10-09-18 at 08:48 AM.
Old 10-09-18, 08:35 AM
rehr0001
Pit Crew

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeB139
So are most problems solved now?
No more random crashes (mainly using Carplay)?

If I start my car, would it work instantly or does it require to boot up?

Oh and what about the reverse camera, does that work and does it go back to the vline once you put it back in anything other than reverse?
Most problems are solved now. Random crashes will always occur. They are infrequent.

It isn't instant - takes about 20 seconds to boot. By the time I start my car, situate myself, plug in my phone and back out of my driveway, it's ready to go.

Reverse camera has never been an issue for me (07 LS460) it seems like the issues are model/year specific.
Old 10-09-18, 10:47 AM
baviaannl
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Arvid
So VL2 users, And GROM .....
are the VLine so good now , that it's time to ask Grom to send me VL2 upgrade stuff needed for a VL1 that has been tucked away in the closet for a more than a year now, waiting to get it updated with this option and finally have Vline to work as it should when it first was launched...? ��

Regards
Arvid in Norway
2008 LS600hL w/ML
I read these reports from users and think "you guys must be using a different system altogether!" I've had the V2 installed since mid August and haven't suffered a single problem. I think on 2 occasions I've started the car and the Vline boot screen hasn't appeared, I simply pushed the disk button and it was back again.

Carplay has never crashed for me either.

I think its an excellent and reliable piece of kit. Who knows why the other guys are having so many issues!
Old 10-09-18, 12:04 PM
newgsman
Instructor

Received 90 Likes on 61 Posts

My VL1 goes to vertical lines screen quite regularly. So disappointing. Not hearing much from VL1 users on this thread lately. Am I the only one that still has issues or is still hoping it will magically become problem free?
Old 10-09-18, 12:07 PM
baviaannl
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by newgsman
My VL1 goes to vertical lines screen quite regularly. So disappointing. Not hearing much from VL1 users on this thread lately. Am I the only one that still has issues or is still hoping it will magically become problem free?
I think the V2 ironed out all the issues the V1 presented. I get the impression the V1 isn't really supported any more.
Old 10-09-18, 12:52 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

Received 151 Likes on 121 Posts

It should not do that. Make sure to update your unit to the latest versions.
Please connect to the Wifi network with internet access.
Then click on Settings->About Device->VLine System Updates->Check For Updates
Old 10-09-18, 01:36 PM
newgsman
Instructor

Last time I checked for updates, I accepted the prompt to update to newer versions. After I did that the system went dead. Your response to that condition was the following:

We see occasional update process glitches in some cases. It is not related to firmware but update sequence itself. We still work on it and it will help if you contact our support and pass all information that you have. In any case, here is the emergency recovery page:
https://gromaudio.com/software-vl1.html

So I updated using the recovery page and the unit started working again except now I routinely get vertical lines pretty much everyday.

Apparently when I check for system updates it says updates are available but of course I don't want to accept for fear my unit will go dead again.

My unit has Vcore: VL3.3.9.0 Vbase: 31.22(L20)
Old 10-10-18, 04:32 AM
baviaannl
Driver School Candidate

@gromaudio May I ask how the Android 7.1 beta test is going?
Old 10-11-18, 09:50 AM
gromaudio
Vendor

Originally Posted by baviaannl
@gromaudio May I ask how the Android 7.1 beta test is going?
We will release first 8.1 beta for testing next week. Will see from there if any issues reported.
Old 10-12-18, 01:33 PM
newgsman
Instructor

Originally Posted by gromaudio
It should not do that. Make sure to update your unit to the latest versions.
Please connect to the Wifi network with internet access.
Then click on Settings->About Device->VLine System Updates->Check For Updates
Well I took a chance a updated the latest versions.

Now I keep getting a message that Dashlinq has stopped working. The Local Music Player app now sees my USB stick with my music just long enough to load up all the songs and folders and then it crashes and stops being able to see the USB stick. If I check Vline storage the Settings app it shows that Vline still recognises that the USB stick is there.

So if I use the older version of software I can listen to my music but the screen will keep crashing to vertical lines mode. Or I can use the new software version and just not listen to music. Interesting fixes ...

Old 10-12-18, 01:36 PM
baviaannl
Driver School Candidate

I really wish @gromaudio would release a changelog, for example I had a new update available yesterday so I upgraded, a clue of what it added would be good.
Old 10-12-18, 01:47 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

Now I keep getting a message that Dashlinq has stopped working. The Local Music Player app now sees my USB stick with my music just long enough to load up all the songs and folders and then it crashes and stops being able to see the USB stick. If I check Vline storage the Settings app it shows that Vline still recognises that the USB stick is there.
So if I use the older version of software I can listen to my music but the screen will keep crashing to vertical lines mode. Or I can use the new software version and just not listen to music. Interesting fixes ...
Please do the factory reset. Android Settings->Backup and Recovery->Factory Reset.
Old 10-12-18, 02:23 PM
newgsman
Instructor

Originally Posted by gromaudio
Please do the factory reset. Android Settings->Backup and Recovery->Factory Reset.
If I do a factory reset will I have to reinstall all my apps that I downloaded like maps.me, and googlemaps?
Old 10-12-18, 04:33 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

If I do a factory reset will I have to reinstall all my apps that I downloaded like maps.me, and googlemaps?
Yes you will. Try go to Android Settings-> Apps -> All -> Dashlinq ->Clear Data
Old 10-17-18, 01:01 AM
baviaannl
Driver School Candidate

I downloaded the newest firmware (available in the UK) a few days back, unfortunately this has added both Bluetooth and WiFi instability. Sometimes when I start the car, neither will connect. If I turn the car off and restart 30 mins later, this normally fixes the issue. I've had it twice in 4 days. Prior to that update, I've never experienced this issue before.

Quick Reply: anyone getting the grom vline?