Search this Thread

Old 10-30-18 | 12:58 PM
WillAP1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Arvid
https://m.apkpure.com/car-launcher-a...es.carlauncher

Comes for both Io and Android

Have it on mobile like this:

Still not heard from Grom about the update parts needed to upgrade to v.2..My v.1 replacement will not be installed in my car before it's 100% stabile. Lost enough hair and sleep stressing around in the garage for hours to get the 1st one they sent me to work more than a litte while at a time before it died all together ...what did Grom do, shipoed it back to mr with new cables...did it work..NO ..Shipped it for the second time back to Grom and got a new one that time..That last one I have not installed at all and have waited more than a year for the upgrade the V.1 to V.2 parts they promised me to be available..
Just checked my mailbox...86...Yes ...eightysix differrent conversations made with Grom since May 16- 2016...and still NoGo..

Arvid
Yes, I use Car Launcher AGAMA on my V1 and much prefer it over whatever grom comes with stock (DashLINQ I think?). You can find my prior posts about it in this thread. It seems to load faster and run smoother. It definitely looks better and has better functionality IMO. Would definitely recommend it.
Old 10-30-18 | 01:31 PM
ISF5L
Pole Position

Originally Posted by WillAP1
Yes, I use Car Launcher AGAMA on my V1 and much prefer it over whatever grom comes with stock (DashLINQ I think?). You can find my prior posts about it in this thread. It seems to load faster and run smoother. It definitely looks better and has better functionality IMO. Would definitely recommend it.
That car launcher looks pretty good. Have you used Carwebguru launcher. Im using that and it appears similar but i cant get the speedometer widget to work.
Wandering if you have used both for any comparison comments.
Im always on the lookout for some nice apps to run on the Vline. Any other suggestions?
Old 10-30-18 | 01:33 PM
baviaannl
Driver School Candidate

Anyone know of an Android phone app which works with Apple?
Old 10-30-18 | 03:00 PM
WillAP1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ISF5L
That car launcher looks pretty good. Have you used Carwebguru launcher. Im using that and it appears similar but i cant get the speedometer widget to work.
Wandering if you have used both for any comparison comments.
Im always on the lookout for some nice apps to run on the Vline. Any other suggestions?
I have not used that launcher. I might check it out though... AGAMA hasn't been updated in awhile and they removed the speedometer widget on the homescreen with one of the last big updates (though it wasnt super responsive anyways...) so I'm open to new options.

Not really. I'm a fairly basic user. I'd recommend keeping as few apps loaded as you actually need to keep the unit as fast as possible though.
Old 10-31-18 | 05:56 AM
ISF5L
Pole Position

Originally Posted by WillAP1
I have not used that launcher. I might check it out though... AGAMA hasn't been updated in awhile and they removed the speedometer widget on the homescreen with one of the last big updates (though it wasnt super responsive anyways...) so I'm open to new options.

Not really. I'm a fairly basic user. I'd recommend keeping as few apps loaded as you actually need to keep the unit as fast as possible though.
Carweb guru has some nice themes but as ive used it for a while, Agama is new for me so will give that a go now.
I use spotify with waze as its integrated now with the widget overlapping which is cool.
Beyond that i have minimal apps too to keep it quick. I like the dashlinks web radio but as its a plugin not app, i cant get it to work with aftermarket launchers unless i make my homescreen Dashlink. Beyond that just use Youtube etc
Old 10-31-18 | 10:02 PM
Arvid
Pole Position

Default Speed screen

WillAP1

The speedometer vidget (and a few other options) will appear if You touch the centre of the app..where I have my Lexus logo

Arvid

Last edited by Arvid; 11-01-18 at 12:39 AM.
Old 11-01-18 | 12:28 AM
WillAP1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Arvid
WillAP1

The speedometer vidget (and a few other options) will appear if You touch the cent of the app..where I have my Lexus logo

Arvid
Yes I'm aware, but I much preferred it in the bottom corner than a useless camera or voice command button. I prefer to keep the music widget in the center. Having both at the same time would be ideal.
Old 11-01-18 | 05:11 PM
KYLS
Pit Crew
CL Folding 500000

Originally Posted by ISF5L
... I like the dashlinks web radio but as its a plugin not app, i cant get it to work with aftermarket launchers unless i make my homescreen Dashlink.
AGAMA is a good looking launcher, but I have the same issue. I’d like to have web radio and CarPlay available off it, but since both are plugins that is not possible. Is there a way to make a plug-in into an app?
Old 11-02-18 | 12:50 AM
baviaannl
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by KYLS

AGAMA is a good looking launcher, but I have the same issue. I’d like to have web radio and CarPlay available off it, but since both are plugins that is not possible. Is there a way to make a plug-in into an app?
CarPlay works perfectly with AGAMA, just plug your Iphone in and the interface loads immediately.
Old 11-02-18 | 06:32 AM
KYLS
Pit Crew
CL Folding 500000

Originally Posted by baviaannl
CarPlay works perfectly with AGAMA, just plug your Iphone in and the interface loads immediately.
I’m talking about after the phone is connected and I bounce out of CarPlay (using the Grom icon) and want to return. Occasionally I want to access a native Android app outside of CarPlay. Currently cycling the phone connection, or closing out of AGAMA is the only way to do that. From what I can tell the plugins are exclusive to Grom’s Dashlinq. It would be nice if the VLine features were implemented so that all launchers could utilize them. I suspect this is an issue Grom would need to correct and not AGAMA, but I’m really not sure.
Old 11-05-18 | 01:27 AM
goto35
Pole Position

anyway to get andriod auto working with note 8 instead of carplay with iphone?
Old 11-08-18 | 01:43 PM
ISF5L
Pole Position

Was hoping someone could advise regarding hotspot. I currently use an app called Macrodroid. Works flawlessly.

I get into the car, start it up and through some macros i created, it automatically connects to the Vline via hotspot (hotspot on, wifi off, bluetooth connected to the car etc). Same when i exit the car (macro kicks in = hotspot off, wifi on, bluetooth remains on etc).

My issue is when i receive or make a call. This automatically turns off my hotspot and when i finish the call i have to manually turn the hotspot back on or no connection to Vline. I havent figured out a macro that works yet to re-enable hotspot after a call.

Has anyone had any luck with this or can share alternative solutions, thanks.
Old 11-08-18 | 11:18 PM
goto35
Pole Position

Gps takes 3-6 mins to lock on. Aanyone else have this issue
Old 11-08-18 | 11:33 PM
baviaannl
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by goto35
Gps takes 3-6 mins to lock on. Aanyone else have this issue
No, I have a fix as soon as the app has opened, maybe poor placement of the GPS antenna?
Old 11-09-18 | 03:00 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

Final 8.1 testing scores and overall long term stability. Shooting for next week with the alpha version !
The following 2 users liked this post by gromaudio:
baviaannl (11-10-18), ISF5L (11-11-18)

Quick Reply: anyone getting the grom vline?