IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Yet another ISF to GTR thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-18, 07:20 AM
chrisp1
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
Yea look at all the possibilities with tuning the GTR...........like the clip below this is just a FBO + a little extra mods and BOOM! 3,046hp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BewM5PF572g
i think he has downpipes and thats what gave him the bump from 550whp to 3000 😂
The following users liked this post:
MileHIFcar (07-29-18)
Old 07-30-18, 12:16 AM
dannyk8232
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Got off the line SO quick with that rolling start!
Old 07-30-18, 05:55 AM
Jwconeil

Received 972 Likes on 630 Posts

I think everyone at least secretly, if not openly, wants to own at GTR someday.
Old 07-30-18, 09:20 AM
semnosNSX
Advanced

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Jwconeil

expensive to track. Consumables includes fluids. GTRs are heavy and fast, so they will eat tires and brakes faster than many lighter cars. Add to that more expensive replacements and it makes sense that it is one of the more expensive cars to track.
Exactly! We are not talking about those who mostly just drive around town and occasionally do a spirited drive on the weekend. We are talking about officially tracking a GTR and the cost of maintenance when doing so.
Old 08-19-18, 10:32 PM
msgs350
Pole Position

Received 203 Likes on 136 Posts

Looks like the GT-R is the logical next step from an IS-F for a handful of the members here. What sites do you guys recommend to start researching and shopping for a GT-R? I'm interested in a 2015+ and would like to get one in the next year or so (a 2015+ 911 is my other option). Price wise.. whats the best "value" around $70k? Would you guys have bought a modded GT-R?
Old 08-20-18, 04:41 AM
Pqbrown
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by msgs350
Looks like the GT-R is the logical next step from an IS-F for a handful of the members here. What sites do you guys recommend to start researching and shopping for a GT-R? I'm interested in a 2015+ and would like to get one in the next year or so (a 2015+ 911 is my other option). Price wise.. whats the best "value" around $70k? Would you guys have bought a modded GT-R?
GTRlife is the biggest forum, GTRheritage is another. 65-70k is a good budget for a 15, though I would aim for a 2012+, the 15’s and on became a lot softer and stock don’t handle as well. Full bolt on (FBO) is the way to go as long as you can verify it was tuned correctly, there is a lot of well set up FBO cars out there and aren’t much more than stock cars. Don’t let anyone kid you, the GTR Is not an ISF, I have both and they do completely different things for me, one is a no compromises super car that can be daily driven but is stiff and a coupe, the other is a fast 4 sedan that is a lot more usable. Good luck in your search!
The following users liked this post:
msgs350 (08-20-18)
Old 08-20-18, 12:56 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

i dont like mods car , i like to build the car myself but there are people that dont have the time to build their own , i guess u can Yeah check on GTRlife, there a bunch of useful info there and has one coming out of Georgia dealer , all about GTR sales for you . Good luck and u going to love it just like all of us
Old 08-20-18, 04:17 PM
msgs350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Pqbrown

GTRlife is the biggest forum, GTRheritage is another. 65-70k is a good budget for a 15, though I would aim for a 2012+, the 15’s and on became a lot softer and stock don’t handle as well. Full bolt on (FBO) is the way to go as long as you can verify it was tuned correctly, there is a lot of well set up FBO cars out there and aren’t much more than stock cars. Don’t let anyone kid you, the GTR Is not an ISF, I have both and they do completely different things for me, one is a no compromises super car that can be daily driven but is stiff and a coupe, the other is a fast 4 sedan that is a lot more usable. Good luck in your search!
Thanks for the heads up on the 2012+. The main reason i wanted a slightly newer model year and 2015 was due to the refresh, and i like the lights. completely understand that these are totally different cars and i do plan on keeping my 2012 ISF as well since i will still need a sedan to easily haul the kids around.

Originally Posted by ISF4life
i dont like mods car , i like to build the car myself but there are people that dont have the time to build their own , i guess u can Yeah check on GTRlife, there a bunch of useful info there and has one coming out of Georgia dealer , all about GTR sales for you . Good luck and u going to love it just like all of us
Yea, i hear you on not wanting to buy a modded car but, from my experience with the ISF, the bolt ons/wheels are pretty common mods and i'm not looking for anything thats "built" built..know what i mea? hahah. I will check out the Georgia dealer.
Old 08-20-18, 04:26 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

yeah, but GTR FBO plus e85 plus a good tuner is very important, plus got to make sure the fuel pumps got to replace for e85. Stock pump will fail u.
Old 08-20-18, 07:53 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,980 Likes on 2,408 Posts

My next 2 door will be a McLaren. Don't want something everyone else has that still delivers on a track day, especially if I'm parting with my Supra.
Old 08-20-18, 09:26 PM
msgs350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ISF4life
yeah, but GTR FBO plus e85 plus a good tuner is very important, plus got to make sure the fuel pumps got to replace for e85. Stock pump will fail u.
thanks for the heads up, i will look into fuel pump threads.

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
My next 2 door will be a McLaren. Don't want something everyone else has that still delivers on a track day, especially if I'm parting with my Supra.
haha..yeah, ok..
i'm referring to a car that's well under $100k here and somewhat of a 4 seater.
Old 08-21-18, 12:30 PM
chrisp1
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Personally I wanted to buy a stock vehicle so I could experience the GTR in stock form. The 2nd important reason was so that I knew it was modded and tuned correctly as stated before. The car is no slouch in stock form so depending on what you're used to I highly recommend buying it stock and getting used to it. It's rare to find a car that will basically run 11 seconds flat, do 0 to 60 in under or right around 3 seconds and still have a warranty
Old 08-23-18, 02:15 PM
ISF5L
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisp1
Personally I wanted to buy a stock vehicle so I could experience the GTR in stock form. The 2nd important reason was so that I knew it was modded and tuned correctly as stated before. The car is no slouch in stock form so depending on what you're used to I highly recommend buying it stock and getting used to it. It's rare to find a car that will basically run 11 seconds flat, do 0 to 60 in under or right around 3 seconds and still have a warranty
Would there be many stock GTR's around? Id assume most who buy them are power junkies. Its like us and our ISF's, fast is never fast enough. We always get used to the power and want more so i thought most GTR owners might be content for a few weeks before the moddifying bug hits them and they realise how easy it is to increase the power.
Old 08-23-18, 04:43 PM
Pqbrown
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

My car is stock, except exhaust. It’s a fast as it needs to be already IMO, to fully appreciate it you really need to go to a track. The car is ridiculously fast and your just looking for trouble at WOT on the streets, getting to 100+ happens waay to quickly.
Old 08-23-18, 05:15 PM
ISF5L
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Pqbrown
My car is stock, except exhaust. It’s a fast as it needs to be already IMO, to fully appreciate it you really need to go to a track. The car is ridiculously fast and your just looking for trouble at WOT on the streets, getting to 100+ happens waay to quickly.
Any Tesla's ever pull next up next to you trying bait you to have a go. Id figure no point with the majority of other cars as they would be able to keep up off the mark anyway.

Came back from a holiday in Hong Kong recently, was shocked how common Tesla's are over there. They are everywhere yet i never saw any of them speed.

Quick Reply: Yet another ISF to GTR thread