IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Yellow Fog Lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-16, 08:39 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 254 Likes on 176 Posts

Yellow film on drivers side vs no film/stock in passengers side.

Yellow LEDS in both lights, clear lense on passengers side, yellow overlay film on drivers side. Light output is MUCH yellower with the overlay film

Yellow overlay film on drivers side, no film on passengers side, yellow leds in both.
Also pictured for comparison purposes, my is300 with stock yellow fog bulbs and yellow overlay film. NO COMPARISON brightness wise to the LEDs in the F's fogs

White led on passengers side with NO overlay film, yellow led on drivers side WITH yellow overlay film.

Yellow overlay film on both sides, yellow LED on passengers side, yellow HID on drivers side. As you can see, the HID is/was MUCH brighter...shined wider and further and was more if a pure yellow color. The LED (yellow) in comparison looks more of a neon yellow. I decide to stick with the LEDs because they were way brighter than the stock bulbs, I actually like the 'exotic' neon yellow look, and the don't require extra baggage (no extra harness, bulb and ballast...leds are just plug and play)
LEDs a
lso have a much longer life span than HIDs as well
Old 10-26-16, 10:11 PM
revolut1on
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Philips ultinon led bulbs. Not cheap, but sure is quality.
Old 10-26-16, 11:23 PM
j3ff
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by GAISF
Any chance you could show me a pic with them turned on at night?
I'll try and get you a shot before work tomorrow.

revolution - are those the leds that come with a ballast from Philips? I remember reading somewhere that they were real quality; I would expect no less from Philips.
Old 10-26-16, 11:45 PM
Onionboyz
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Try checking out Osram H11 2600k halogen bulbs. It fits your bill perfectly. Costs about 35-40$ a pair, plug and play, and as yellow as it gets without having to deal with a HID kit.

I decided on this after a ton of research and have had mine for about almost a year now; left on every night without any issues.

"that boy" has a pretty lengthy review on these, https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lig...low-bulbs.html
Old 10-27-16, 07:46 AM
j3ff
Advanced

Here are some shots of the piaa's for you.

​​​​​​​

Old 10-27-16, 08:01 AM
GAISF
Rookie

Originally Posted by j3ff
Here are some shots of the piaa's for you.

Are these the same thing?

​​​​​​​http://www.piaa.com/store/p/42-H11-P...gen-Bulbs.aspx

https://www.amazon.com/PIAA-13511-Ye...sma+ion+yellow
Old 10-27-16, 10:23 AM
j3ff
Advanced

^^yes sir. I know you can get cheap hid kits for that price but these have been nothing but quality to me. I've run them in my other cars also and have never had them burn out.
Old 10-27-16, 10:25 AM
Vitveet
Racer

Just being real with you, those^^^^ don't hold a candle to actually LED or HID bulbs. Those above are just halogen bulbs with a yellow tint. Light output is barely increased, if any.

V.
Old 10-27-16, 11:11 AM
GAISF
Rookie

Originally Posted by GR8WHITE
I'm running LEDs from a company called Auxbeam - love them, just as much light output as the halogens I replaced, if not more, but with the led look. They come with yellow bulb covers that work great, and they're plug n play. I'll get some pics of them...

https://www.auxbeam.com/headlight-bulbs/H11/88621854
Also, what is installation like with these? I looked at the 4 step photo on their page but couldn't tell much from that.
Old 10-27-16, 01:02 PM
j3ff
Advanced

Originally Posted by Vitveet
Just being real with you, those^^^^ don't hold a candle to actually LED or HID bulbs. Those above are just halogen bulbs with a yellow tint. Light output is barely increased, if any.

V.
I don't doubt anything you've posted. I think you're right on the money. I don't do much night driving to be honest; me using yellow fogs is solely for appearance and not output.
The following users liked this post:
Greatest (02-04-22)
Old 10-27-16, 01:38 PM
GAISF
Rookie

I don't doubt anything you've posted. I think you're right on the money. I don't do much night driving to be honest; me using yellow fogs is solely for appearance and not output.
I'm in the same boat here. Looking for a cosmetic change with equal to or better performance. The head lights here are so much better than my last car that it's already a night and day difference.
Old 10-27-16, 11:44 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Gotcha. With increased brightness comes better looking cosmetics/appearance imo, haha!!

Originally Posted by GAISF
I'm in the same boat here. Looking for a cosmetic change with equal to or better performance. The head lights here are so much better than my last car that it's already a night and day difference.
This is very true as well! I was amazed at my stock light output when I first used the headlights compared to my is300... absolutely no comparison!

V.
Old 10-28-16, 04:22 AM
GR8WHITE
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Here are the Auxbeam LEDs. Really happy with them. I think they're a BARGAIN at $28.

Old 10-28-16, 04:32 AM
DekNgo
Pole Position

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Subcribed for updates
Old 10-28-16, 04:35 AM
diegoleyla
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

About to pull the trigger on the Philips ultinon 2700k will keep you updated!

Quick Reply: Yellow Fog Lights