IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

K&N Cold Air Intake Follow Up Runs ! Myth debunked !

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-16, 09:01 PM
Meanstreak
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFSCOTT
Good to see another racer here !

The numbers I used were taken at the track both times from
a bracket racer I kind of know. You can also get a rough estimate of the
numbers from dragtimes.com but those are not taken at the track. My spread from
my first stock runs to my recent ones was never more than 500. My baselines were no where near 1700 ft as I went late in the evening when it had cooled off. A 500 spread is equal to roughly .10 on a good day on a non forced induction or high powered car as you know. Correct me if my math is off but I checked it a few different ways.

I agree that the data taken from DragTimes will vary slightly from the actual data at the track but it won't vary enough to make a meaningful difference in this comparison.

Im not sure what data you are using to calculate DA during your baseline but based on the screenshot above you can see where 1700 came from. Maybe it was 1600 or maybe it was 1800 but bottom line is there was a major difference between these two days.

The DA on the K&N run based on the data you supplied is 99 feet not 698 as you stated in the first post.

I know you understand DA effects so I hope you can see why I came to the conclusion I did. Baseline run = 1700 and K&N run = 100 it all adds up to 3 tenths right?

And s please don't take me wrong. I'm not trying to attack you with sarcastic comments like many are just trying to really understand the data. Sorry it's the OCD in me. I scrutinize my own data even more.
Old 11-23-16, 09:20 PM
ISFSCOTT
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Meanstreak

I agree that the data taken from DragTimes will vary slightly from the actual data at the track but it won't vary enough to make a meaningful difference in this comparison.

Im not sure what data you are using to calculate DA during your baseline but based on the screenshot above you can see where 1700 came from. Maybe it was 1600 or maybe it was 1800 but bottom line is there was a major difference between these two days.

The DA on the K&N run based on the data you supplied is 99 feet not 698 as you stated in the first post.

I know you understand DA effects so I hope you can see why I came to the conclusion I did. Baseline run = 1700 and K&N run = 100 it all adds up to 3 tenths right?

And s please don't take me wrong. I'm not trying to attack you with sarcastic comments like many are just trying to really understand the data. Sorry it's the OCD in me. I scrutinize my own data even more.
scroll back to my last post on the previous page, I made a correction as I typed in the weather for the wrong run because I wrote it on the wrong slip. I wrote that on there after I got home. I ran close to 10:00 pm on 10/20 when they were about to close up and the DA was around 1250 I think and then my 3:00 run before I left this past Sunday was 720 ish I believe. It's after midnight here so I will have to look at my slips in the am. Lol. And no offense taken at all, I got to put the write timeslip up with the correct weather now.

Last edited by ISFSCOTT; 11-23-16 at 09:28 PM.