Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn, how'd you get it for 660?
Old 12-06-16, 03:57 PM
mahcah
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Diesel350
I loved my HKS Exhaust on my 350Z, no drone whatsover. Would love to get my hands on the HKS for the F but it's so darn pricey. I'm thinking of maybe going with a custom twin loop.
yeah hks has four resonators and two mufflers. The sound was more high pitch than low so no drone at all. Good sound too for a v6.
Old 12-06-16, 04:05 PM
themap
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by xellos
was it used?
Old 12-06-16, 04:25 PM
DroCityLex
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by xellos
used, on a lexus facebook page. nothing wrong with it
Old 12-06-16, 04:54 PM
themap
Rookie

Originally Posted by DroCityLex
used, on a lexus facebook page. nothing wrong with it
good price! Well done!
Old 12-06-16, 07:46 PM
zebani
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DroCityLex
I paid 660 and then 80 for the install. I was originally going to order the rr racing bazooka tips fearing that the borla wasn't going to sound good but that isn't the case at all.
Congrats on the Borla. They sound really great in person but one thing that comes to my mind is that the exhaust will get a little bit quieter within the next few hundred miles. I love mine and it fits perfectly for my needs, so I won't be getting the Bazooka upgrade, though I almost ordered them 3-4 times
Old 12-06-16, 08:04 PM
drifto
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by msgs350
I Say do it, but the sound will increase with headers. I've got the Borla/PPE/joe-z intake elbow/afe filter/hi-flow cats and it gets a bit loud for me at times and the tune is worth it in my opinion.
I've got the Borla/Joe-z intake elbow/apexi filter setup right now. I would totally get a set of PPE headers if I can find a set of used ones. I wouldn't be able to resist myself
​​​​​
I agree that the drone is very subjective. If I was still in my early 20's, the Borla would be way too quiet, now it's perfect but I still want the PPE headers haha!!

Last edited by drifto; 12-06-16 at 08:09 PM.
Old 12-07-16, 06:15 AM
Lextasy4
Rookie

Had the Borla catback on mine for a couple months now. Took a trip of ~600 highway miles and am very pleased with the lack of drone. The only time I really hear any drone/vibration is on cold start up for a few seconds until it idles down. Coming from an IS350 with Borla catback, the highway cruise sounds nearly the same, but at WOT it sounds amazing

P.S. $80 for install is a great deal also. I spent a couple hours installing mine and still had to go back and adjust it.
Old 12-07-16, 09:09 AM
virulosity
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much louder is it with headers? I feel like the borla sound is as loud as I would want under 2000 rpm but I wouldn't mind more noise up near redline
Old 12-07-16, 10:27 AM
msgs350
Pole Position

Received 206 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by virulosity
How much louder is it with headers? I feel like the borla sound is as loud as I would want under 2000 rpm but I wouldn't mind more noise up near redline
Sound/noise is subjective person to person. I have the Borla/PPE with hi-flow cats and I think its loud, for me anyways.
Old 12-07-16, 10:39 AM
davecape2
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a complete borla system on mine as well and wondering if anybody has taken it upon themselves to get the joints welded instead of clamped? Or taken it somewhere to get it done? I am seeing exhaust leaks behind the clamps on mine.
Old 12-07-16, 11:04 AM
msgs350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by davecape2
I have a complete borla system on mine as well and wondering if anybody has taken it upon themselves to get the joints welded instead of clamped? Or taken it somewhere to get it done? I am seeing exhaust leaks behind the clamps on mine.
I've had a couple of the joints welded instead of using the clamps. Work was done by the shop that installed the exhaust and hi-flow cats.
Old 12-07-16, 11:42 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,920 Likes on 1,355 Posts

^^^^I've mentioned the Borla clamp issue numerous times on this forum, and on the G35 forum in years past. David Borla and I had a rather heated eMail discussion on the subject 10 or 12years ago. I never liked the clamping method Borla uses and will let anyone know why who will listen to me. With the clamping systems available today, it's beyond me why Borla clings to this technology. Because of this, I would never buy a Borla exhaust, and would urge anyone with a Borla system to weld all the connections. IMHO, their clamping system is crap and over time will leak

Lou
Old 12-07-16, 11:56 AM
Lextasy4
Rookie

Originally Posted by flowrider
^^^^I've mentioned the Borla clamp issue numerous times on this forum, and on the G35 forum in years past. David Borla and I had a rather heated eMail discussion on the subject 10 or 12years ago. I never liked the clamping method Borla uses and will let anyone know why who will listen to me. With the clamping systems available today, it's beyond me why Borla clings to this technology. Because of this, I would never buy a Borla exhaust, and would urge anyone with a Borla system to weld all the connections. IMHO, their clamping system is crap and over time will leak

Lou
I agree it is not the best method, but also not the most expensive exhaust (one of the cheaper ones). If installed properly leaks should not be an issue. I had their system on my 08 IS350 for ~3 years/50k miles and never had a leak. If it does leak it is a cheap fix, either adjust/tighten the clamps or weld it.

I would love to hear an ISF with PPE headers/Borla exhaust in person, but it seems I am the only person in Indiana with one
Old 12-07-16, 12:06 PM
msgs350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by flowrider

Lou
I agree with your point and took that into consideration when I bought this exhaust. I went with Borla because of the performance/sound reviews from the other members and the price was good. Honestly, I don't care to have an exhaust on my car anymore, it was something I wanted to try out for a little bit and I can hopefully sell it easily.

Quick Reply: Borla exhaust installed