I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by mikersoft
I think this badge is more appropriate for the OP's car

-Mike

bro !! You just made my day !

Originally Posted by nks979
Looks great, and its even in the same spot I left my F in at scotts lol.
I think you are in the right place man . Especially for a repaint . I told him how rare these cars are so he better do an amazing job
Originally Posted by Jondls33
your F looks amazing!!!
Thank you sir
Old 12-09-16, 11:10 PM
semnosNSX
Advanced

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
For $650 there is great peace of mind. If anything goes wrong, guess who won't be fixing it? Tammer. Yes, indeed, I understand why some people think it's a lot of money, but when your time bills at $400 an hour, it's really truly cheaper to pay someone to do it and have a warranty for the workmanship. I also fully understand DIY, because it has been my model for as long as I can remember.

JMHO...
I totally get what you are saying.... and I agree. However, if his time bills at $400 an hour, thats over $830k per year working full time! If someone is doing that well, I would be curious as to why they are using an ISF for track duty and daily use.

Definitely not trying to start crap but your statement had me scratching my head.
Old 12-09-16, 11:29 PM
jspecvtec
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Maybe he works part time 1 hr per day
Old 12-09-16, 11:32 PM
semnosNSX
Advanced

Originally Posted by jspecvtec
Good point! Damn, where do I sign up for a gig like that? lol.
Old 12-10-16, 06:06 AM
FNSSESPORT
Lead Lap

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by semnosNSX
I totally get what you are saying.... and I agree. However, if his time bills at $400 an hour, thats over $830k per year working full time! If someone is doing that well, I would be curious as to why they are using an ISF for track duty and daily use.

Definitely not trying to start crap but your statement had me scratching my head.
I hate to break it to you, but what people drive is rarely a reflection of their income.

Good point! Damn, where do I sign up for a gig like that? lol.
Medical school.
-R
Old 12-10-16, 07:35 AM
semnosNSX
Advanced

Originally Posted by FNSSESPORT
I hate to break it to you, but what people drive is rarely a reflection of their income.
I agree.... except for the "rarely" part. Not in this day and age.
Old 12-10-16, 09:31 AM
SoulFreak
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Congrats Tammer! I been following everything from your social media account. I'm glad despite the long wait, you got it all together before Christmas. It almost makes the wait truly worth it. The kit looks really stunning against your MRM! I say with the Joe Z and aggressive look of the car. It looks the way it goes! And a head turner for sure! Enjoy it! And I look forward towards your next mod or modifications.
Old 12-10-16, 09:51 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I dont make $400/hr. LOL I wish.

more like 7 hours a day lol.

Originally Posted by SoulFreak
Congrats Tammer! I been following everything from your social media account. I'm glad despite the long wait, you got it all together before Christmas. It almost makes the wait truly worth it. The kit looks really stunning against your MRM! I say with the Joe Z and aggressive look of the car. It looks the way it goes! And a head turner for sure! Enjoy it! And I look forward towards your next mod or modifications.
Thanks so much brother. Means a lot
Old 12-10-16, 03:17 PM
Rickna
Racer

Received 242 Likes on 166 Posts

Looks beautiful! Worth the wait and hassle?...
Old 12-10-16, 03:22 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,241 Likes on 1,360 Posts

Looks great Tammer! Here's to hoping it stands up to the "occasional off" !
Old 12-11-16, 05:48 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,963 Likes on 2,400 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I dont make $400/hr. LOL I wish.

more like 7 hours a day lol.

Thanks so much brother. Means a lot
No, but you are very likely billing $400 an hour (maybe more). To make $400 an hour you need to bill at least $1600...

My time bills well into the $400's hourly, but I don't get paid that amount. Ask any contractor how much of their hourly rate gets swallowed by fees, taxes, costs, and gaps in employment between contracts. Billing rate and getting paid are two different animals completely.

Last edited by lobuxracer; 12-11-16 at 07:45 PM.
Old 12-11-16, 07:23 PM
jspecvtec
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

But bill rate doesn't matter. It's your money that you spent so it's what you make is what matters lol
Old 12-11-16, 08:31 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,898 Likes on 1,339 Posts

Bill rate, spill rate or whatever. This factor never entered into my mind over the years I've been DIYing my vehicles. While I certainly am no mechanic or even close to Lance's level of expertise. I do as much work on my vehicles as I can. Sometimes even more If something looks to be within my level of expertise, I'll try it.

But, it's also something I enjoy, even when I'm muttering obscenities because something doesn't go right or I screwed something up. But, when I DIY, I KNOW when I screw up, and if I don't screw up up, I know the job is done right. Nobody, but nobody cares as much about my car, or my truck, as I do. It gets the best, and for routine tasks and even some mods - The BEST is ME!

Now I've learned a lot from this forum, and I hope I've helped some others as much as I've been helped here. This forum contains a mountain of knowledge that's free for the picking. And, I want to say thanks that it exists.

Lou
Old 12-11-16, 09:47 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,963 Likes on 2,400 Posts

But bill rate doesn't matter. It's your money that you spent so it's what you make is what matters lol
If you are billing $400 an hour, you're making $100. If you are not confident of your mechanical skills and are more concerned about continuing to bill at $400, then spending money becomes a balance between the two. It's not always easy, and I face the question should I work more at what makes me big money or do things myself and know the input/outcome so when it is time to deal with whatever issues arise, I know precisely what the history is, or do I let someone else do the work and I always wonder if it was done the way I would have liked?

Originally Posted by flowrider
Bill rate, spill rate or whatever. This factor never entered into my mind over the years I've been DIYing my vehicles. While I certainly am no mechanic or even close to Lance's level of expertise. I do as much work on my vehicles as I can. Sometimes even more If something looks to be within my level of expertise, I'll try it.

But, it's also something I enjoy, even when I'm muttering obscenities because something doesn't go right or I screwed something up. But, when I DIY, I KNOW when I screw up, and if I don't screw up up, I know the job is done right. Nobody, but nobody cares as much about my car, or my truck, as I do. It gets the best, and for routine tasks and even some mods - The BEST is ME!

Now I've learned a lot from this forum, and I hope I've helped some others as much as I've been helped here. This forum contains a mountain of knowledge that's free for the picking. And, I want to say thanks that it exists.

Lou
And this is why I have a very hard time letting anyone else work on my car, even for what is considered simple stuff like oil changes. I would lay awake at night wondering if something was done "the right way" (my way) or flat rate (which I have done) and needs inspection/examination/correction because it wasn't done "right" in my book. This is at the root of why I subscribe to TIS, why I am currently evaluating raising my subscription level to Professional, and why I continue to be concerned about techs who are more concerned about logging 80 hours in a 40 hour week than they are about doing quality work on my cars.

My Supra is 23 years old. I bought it in 1997 from the original owner with 32k miles on it. It now has over 155k miles on it. It has never seen dealer service except 3 times I trusted my good friend to let Toyota change the oil. The third time they changed the oil I noticed brown death in the oil fill cap at 5k miles. I was quite certain they did not use the 6 quarts of Red Line I gave them for the fill, and was very certain they put in their Pennzoil standard fill and kept my 6 quarts of Red Line for their own vehicles. Never again. The only possible way to know what has happened with my car is if I am the one pouring in the fluids. Trust me, you have no idea how pissed off I was about this, knowing full well they could not be held directly accountable for their misdeed. Never again.

Last edited by lobuxracer; 12-11-16 at 09:55 PM.

Quick Reply: Complete Tom's Racing Carbon Fiber Aero kit installed on an MRM ISF