IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Complete Tom's Racing Carbon Fiber Aero kit installed on an MRM ISF

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-16, 06:53 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Not sure why income matters here... the fact is that $650 to install this kit is just a robbery. I understand peace of mind for having it professionally done, but it should have been professionally done for $200-$300 tops and still include guaranteed work for your peace of mind. But oh well... as long as the owner is pleased, it looks outstanding, so who are we to care how he spends his money.

.... now the more important question is how long will it take him to replace the 1,467 photos in his garage with updated shots with the new lip kit installed. I give it 6 months
Old 12-12-16, 09:47 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,898 Likes on 1,339 Posts

^^^^Totally Agree

Lou
Old 12-12-16, 10:44 AM
Rickna
Racer

Received 242 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
Not sure why income matters here... the fact is that $650 to install this kit is just a robbery. I understand peace of mind for having it professionally done, but it should have been professionally done for $200-$300 tops and still include guaranteed work for your peace of mind. But oh well... as long as the owner is pleased, it looks outstanding, so who are we to care how he spends his money.

.... now the more important question is how long will it take him to replace the 1,467 photos in his garage with updated shots with the new lip kit installed. I give it 6 months
Bullseye! You nailed it.
Old 12-12-16, 11:10 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4

Haha my wife said the same thing ! She knows I'm out to get some track pics with the kit for the gallery. What sucks is the angle for the photographer at this track isn't that great but it is what it is. I did the same thing when I got my wheels. I was like, I need to get better pics

As far as cost , guys...... like everything it comes down to value for my time and peace of mind. I can take half a screw out of your eye in 10 minutes and charge a pretty large amount. For me it was EASY, but to the poor bastard with a metal foreign body who doesn't know what to do, who to go to, or how to remove it correctly he will pay whatever required to get it done. He could try to get it out himself or have someone with some medical experience help him but it's his eye. For me I could have bolted up the pieces after drilling into the body but was concerned about doing everything right. It was just easier to pay the problem away. I also insisted on a very highend shop. I could have taken it a place by my house for less but Lexus told me these guys are the best in town. This kit is still as expensive a set of nice wheels and tires and I didn't want to learn or practice installing a $3000 kit as a first timer. I sketched out when I saw that it required drilling ....... kind of like my patient would feel when he sees that I use this tool with a serrated edge that spins at very high rpm to literally dig out foreign matter by literally removing the corneal tissue
Attached Thumbnails Complete Tom's Racing Carbon Fiber Aero kit installed on an MRM ISF-photo260.jpg   Complete Tom's Racing Carbon Fiber Aero kit installed on an MRM ISF-img_6997.jpg  

Last edited by I8ABMR; 12-12-16 at 11:32 AM.
Old 12-13-16, 09:02 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Old 05-08-18, 12:40 PM
Jwconeil

Received 972 Likes on 630 Posts
Default Two questions

Do you drill into metal on the body to install this kit. I live in a salt belt so I am hesitant to drill holes in metal, which leaves unprotected areas to rust.

secondly, with this kit and swift springs, will the car still go throw an automatic wash or bottom out on speed bumps? Thanks in advance!
Old 05-08-18, 02:33 PM
semnosNSX
Advanced

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Jwconeil
Do you drill into metal on the body to install this kit. I live in a salt belt so I am hesitant to drill holes in metal, which leaves unprotected areas to rust.

secondly, with this kit and swift springs, will the car still go throw an automatic wash or bottom out on speed bumps? Thanks in advance!
just an FYI....the owner of the car you are referencing sold his car and moved on to another platform. He may still check in from time to time to let us all know how awesome of a driver he is though...
Old 05-08-18, 02:39 PM
Jwconeil

Received 972 Likes on 630 Posts

Anyone else with a TOM’s kit that can check in?
Old 05-08-18, 03:17 PM
msgs350
Pole Position

Received 198 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by Jwconeil
Anyone else with a TOM’s kit that can check in?
I only have the rear and sides so i can only comment on those pieces. The rear is help on by double sided tape and 4 push pins on the bottom. For the sides, you will need to drill into the OEM side-skirt to install the plastic push in clips, no metal panel/part.
Old 05-08-18, 07:43 PM
FNSSESPORT
Lead Lap

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by msgs350
I only have the rear and sides so i can only comment on those pieces. The rear is help on by double sided tape and 4 push pins on the bottom. For the sides, you will need to drill into the OEM side-skirt to install the plastic push in clips, no metal panel/part.
I used to have the front, you have to drill some small holes into the bumper. Just watch out for the hoses for the light washers! You can see the holes you need to drill in the pic below beside my new splitter:
Old 05-09-18, 10:16 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 689 Likes on 606 Posts

^^ Rear no metal drilling.

Sides and front are installed with OEM points as well.. Some people drill more screws for safety purposes.

With the Swift springs you should be fine! A lot of people are on coilovers and body kits.

Contact us for pricing!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 09-06-18, 09:20 AM
glerink
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Thread revive anybody got pictures of what kind of push pins or recommendations you can use for the Toms sides? I understand it will require drilling but don't want to order wrong push pins here.