IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

960 HP in my garage (good bye ISF)

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-16 | 11:40 AM
ISF_GG
Lexus Champion

GTR's are amazing cars, can't go wrong with one of those!
Old 12-16-16 | 11:48 AM
ISF_GG
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by plex
I have a 95 Hardtop Supra myself should make around mid 7's at wheels here pretty soon.
And of course I could mod my car too. There are tunes and mods available for the 991.2 Turbo that would add 100-150+ HP easily. I'm happy with the HP it has. No modding for this car necessary, at least not for me.

Last edited by ISF_GG; 12-16-16 at 11:58 AM.
Old 12-16-16 | 12:31 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Originally Posted by ISF_GG
Thanks! According to Lobux and others, it is hardly better than an ISF😂. Yeah, ok😂. I'm looking forward to seeing a stock ISF go 0-60 in 2.9 seconds! I've got a few other 4 door cars, so a 2 passenger car is just fine with me. I know Lobux has a highly modded 20+ year old Supra. Good for him. I love Supras. I used to have one!
Any who, I still love the ISF! Always have, always will!
Small correction. My Supra is surprisingly stock. It's the car most people want to buy. My friends have super modified cars and I've helped them do it, but I know the best value is in a very stock car. I still have the OEM cats on mine, and it still passes smog without any shenanigans.

Better is a relative term. Always. Many would say my Supra is better than a modified one. Many would also say why don't you put a single turbo on that '93 hard top 6 speed to make it better. It's all relative.

Definitely not ******* your new ride, Porsche builds amazing cars, just not seeing it as a "replacement" for an F. It's a whole different animal.
Old 12-16-16 | 12:52 PM
ISF_GG
Lexus Champion

You must have done some magic, to say your Supra would pull on my 911. I'm also smart enough to know, no matter how fast I think a car is, there's always something faster. I'm ok with that.
I agree the ISF is a whole different animal compared to............almost any other car.
4 doors, Lexus reliability, 416HP 5L V8, 8 speed trans. is hard to beat! I love the ISF!
Old 12-16-16 | 01:55 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
OK. I'll be the butthead in this thread.

This car is nothing even remotely like the ISF. Two doors. No back seat worth mentioning (and that's saying a lot because we just bought a GSF because the ISF's back seat is not all that), and really, a GT4 will give it serious pain at the track. So, what need does this car fulfill? It's not at all utilitarian, it surely does not do what the ISF does because it is too small, and my Supra with hp upgrades would make it appear slow. So, you bought a two door German car with a racing heritage to replace a four door sedan? Good on you, but it's not the ISF, not a competitor to the ISF, nor will it ever be capable of doing what the ISF does daily - take you and three other adults from the airport with luggage to a destination a reasonable distance away.

Congrats for buying something you wanted, but I'm not among the impressed, and it surely isn't because I can't buy one, it's because I don't want one. GT3 with PDK or nothing.
Originally Posted by ISF_GG
You must have done some magic, to say your Supra would pull on my 911. I'm also smart enough to know, no matter how fast I think a car is, there's always something faster. I'm ok with that.
I agree the ISF is a whole different animal compared to............almost any other car.
4 doors, Lexus reliability, 416HP 5L V8, 8 speed trans. is hard to beat! I love the ISF!
No magic. If I decided to go the route my friends have and put 1200hp to the wheels, yes, it would make the Porsche look slow the same way they make liter bikes look slow. And sure, there's always someone faster!

Honestly, I'm keeping an ear to the ground for a totaled GSF. It would be fun to transplant all of the new stuff into the ISF...truly a labor of love as no sane person would buy it after that.
Old 12-16-16 | 02:48 PM
supersonic
Rookie

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
No magic. If I decided to go the route my friends have and put 1200hp to the wheels, yes, it would make the Porsche look slow the same way they make liter bikes look slow. And sure, there's always someone faster!

Honestly, I'm keeping an ear to the ground for a totaled GSF. It would be fun to transplant all of the new stuff into the ISF...truly a labor of love as no sane person would buy it after that.
wow! what do you think you could pull from a GSF to the ISF though?
Old 12-16-16 | 08:32 PM
Katin2
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by nks979
The turbo S will absolutely shame our cars while still being a very nice dd, I'm sure he has another 4 door in his 4 car garage.
what he said. I don't think anyone is trying to compare. Give the guy some props instead of "I'd buy a GT3".... great make it happen then.
Old 12-16-16 | 10:02 PM
isfvss
Racer

2.9 that's super car territory you will get a few more looks than the isf that can be good or bad, I still get bugger all looks in my isf because people don't know what it is except when I boot it.If you watch 5th gear they all say Porsche is the best track car and a DD. We need a video of the car please it looks the part.
Old 12-16-16 | 10:55 PM
daedalus
Pole Position

Congrats on the purchase! I'm looking at 2014 Turbo's as well... no need to waste 20k for the Turbo S's to get PDCC and PCCB's IMO. The Gen 1 cars are essentially mechanically identical so you can tune them and get the same output. For the peeps saying "oh I only want a GT3" that's all well and good but the truth is the GT3 engines E, F, and even some G-Series are having a hard time staying together still even on 2016 model year cars and Porsche is starting to get stingy replacing engines... so if yours pops that will be a cool 71k to replace. The 991 Turbo's are bullet proof mechanically and having after already owning another 911 Turbo and paying the Porsche tax I can tell you I won't touch a GT3 with a stick and will do the same thing I did with my previous project which was to take a Turbo and make it dominate a GT3. With the interchangeability of the 911 range it's surprisingly easy to swap GT3 and Cup parts onto the "mundane Turbo's" and create stupid fast machines.

If you watch some of the EVO Turbo reviews at Angelsee it's faster around the track that anything other than a P1 so it's not like they already can't hold their own against the GT car's. Everyone just over discounts them IMO.
Old 12-16-16 | 11:16 PM
Vitveet
Racer

On a side note, you are basically giving away your F at $40k with the immaculate condition it's in and the light, tasteful mods you have!! Should sell quickly ( if people are smart)!

V.
Old 12-16-16 | 11:52 PM
ISF_GG
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by daedalus
Congrats on the purchase! I'm looking at 2014 Turbo's as well... no need to waste 20k for the Turbo S's to get PDCC and PCCB's IMO. The Gen 1 cars are essentially mechanically identical so you can tune them and get the same output. For the peeps saying "oh I only want a GT3" that's all well and good but the truth is the GT3 engines E, F, and even some G-Series are having a hard time staying together still even on 2016 model year cars and Porsche is starting to get stingy replacing engines... so if yours pops that will be a cool 71k to replace. The 991 Turbo's are bullet proof mechanically and having after already owning another 911 Turbo and paying the Porsche tax I can tell you I won't touch a GT3 with a stick and will do the same thing I did with my previous project which was to take a Turbo and make it dominate a GT3. With the interchangeability of the 911 range it's surprisingly easy to swap GT3 and Cup parts onto the "mundane Turbo's" and create stupid fast machines.

If you watch some of the EVO Turbo reviews at Angelsee it's faster around the track that anything other than a P1 so it's not like they already can't hold their own against the GT car's. Everyone just over discounts them IMO.
2014 Turbo's are awesome cars. I hope you find one you like, and go for it.
I've had several people ask me why I didn't get the Turbo S. I felt the extra $$$ wasn't justified for 40HP, PCCB, and center lock wheels. I didn't want or need all that, as I'm not planning on racing my car.
Old 12-17-16 | 11:21 AM
ISF_GG
Lexus Champion

Beautiful day for a drive. I'm waiting to take this out to Ortega highway, once it's broken in.
Until then, this will have to do........

Last edited by ISF_GG; 12-17-16 at 04:07 PM.
Old 12-18-16 | 01:37 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

All I can say is- whether it's a Lexus, a Porsche, or whatever brand that suits the individual....just enjoy the car. George is a fortunate individual to have multiple cars at his disposal, like many here on the forums, and while there will always be something faster or lighter or whatever, the singular mindset when owning a vehicle is that one should enjoy what one buys. It's not about the HP or status symbol or competing with the Joneses- it's simply about enjoying what you have.

Without it being a debate on which car can smash what, at the end of the day, just go out and enjoy cars.

Don't be a stranger, George! See you around!
Old 12-18-16 | 02:02 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

i keep coming in this thread to admire how nice looking the new body update is on this car. such a beauty.
Old 12-18-16 | 03:49 AM
F_Throttle
Lead Lap

Congrats.. I'm with you on team P-car..

Quick Reply: 960 HP in my garage (good bye ISF)