IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Sikky V2 Header Exhaust Comparison (Now on sale)

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-17, 08:44 AM
mahcah
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts

Looking forward to the dyno sheet to see the curve.
Old 01-04-17, 08:45 AM
SikkyMFG
Former Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Joker4096
The runners are larger on this header right?
Yes, the runners on these headers are now 1 7/8" (they used to be 1 3/4")

Originally Posted by JKweezy
Does this new version require the relocation of the dipstick? There's no possibility of purchasing the v1 right since they are built to order?
This version does require the dip stick to be relocated. With the headers we do include a new dip stick tube that was purpose built for our headers.
Currently we're no longer offering the V1 headers.
Old 01-04-17, 09:35 AM
SikkyMFG
Former Sponsor

I've got 2 dyno sheets attached here for you guys. One of which is a before and after of the Sikky V2 headers.

The second is the addition of the Borla exhaust.
Attached Thumbnails Sikky V2 Header Exhaust Comparison (Now on sale)-isfdyno1.jpg   Sikky V2 Header Exhaust Comparison (Now on sale)-isfdyno2.jpg  
Old 01-04-17, 01:14 PM
ModInJapan
Lexus Enthusiasts

Received 274 Likes on 173 Posts

Wow....... talk about beautiful...
Old 01-04-17, 02:40 PM
isfvss
Racer

Received 140 Likes on 111 Posts

So you pick up 62rwhp (which equates to 75 to 80 flywheel) just from extractors and exhaust I don't think so, Lexus would not put such a restricted standard exhaust on a performance car in the first place????? PS I am not knocking your product I just find the figures hard to believe.

Last edited by isfvss; 01-04-17 at 02:45 PM.
Old 01-04-17, 03:34 PM
Joker4096
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by isfvss
So you pick up 62rwhp (which equates to 75 to 80 flywheel) just from extractors and exhaust I don't think so, Lexus would not put such a restricted standard exhaust on a performance car in the first place????? PS I am not knocking your product I just find the figures hard to believe.
It's possible, some people have made great numbers with bolt ons and the tune.
Old 01-04-17, 03:55 PM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Joker4096
It's possible, some people have made great numbers with bolt ons and the tune.
Yeah As someone else posted, those numbers are right in line with what RR Racing has gotten with the same set-up (using PPE headers), so it's not hard to believe.

-Mike
Old 01-04-17, 05:25 PM
Jz39
Advanced

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by mikersoft
Yeah As someone else posted, those numbers are right in line with what RR Racing has gotten with the same set-up (using PPE headers), so it's not hard to believe.

-Mike
Not only is it not hard to believe, it's been proven true by many owners already.

Many cars ago I had an Acura 3.2CLS making 260hp. Just headers on that car gave 32rwhp religiously. Why did Acura leave all that horsepower on the table, who knows, but they did. Further odd because the 3.2L with headers was better than most of the 3.5L Acura engines that followed???🤔
Old 01-04-17, 05:35 PM
USB_F
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Jz39
Not only is it not hard to believe, it's been proven true by many owners already.

Many cars ago I had an Acura 3.2CLS making 260hp. Just headers on that car gave 32rwhp religiously. Why did Acura leave all that horsepower on the table, who knows, but they did. Further odd because the 3.2L with headers was better than most of the 3.5L Acura engines that followed???🤔
​​​​​​​I thought the 3.2 CLS was FWD?
Old 01-04-17, 06:21 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 404 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by Jz39
Many cars ago I had an Acura 3.2CLS making 260hp. Just headers on that car gave 32rwhp religiously. Why did Acura leave all that horsepower on the table, who knows, but they did.🤔
Wow! Didn't know that aftermarket headers on the 3.2 CL type S gave 32 whp

Sounds like the HP left on the table with the ISF/2UR-GSE motor with headers!
Old 01-04-17, 07:45 PM
mahcah
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by mikersoft

-Mike
so would the price difference justify for similar gains? Even though the runners are a tad larger? I'd say that's up to the individual.
Old 01-04-17, 08:20 PM
eternallx
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There has been many many cars that made great gains with aftermarket headers. (ex. E39 M5, E60 M5)
I think the main reason are the cats that are part of the headers in most of the case, second in the design.
Lexus and any other manufacturer has to put restricted exhausts on any car because of emissions.

Originally Posted by mahcah
so would the price difference justify for similar gains? Even though the runners are a tad larger? I'd say that's up to the individual.
Well we are just looking at peak numbers right now. There maybe some midrange gains from the bigger runners.
Old 01-04-17, 10:34 PM
isfvss
Racer

The only way I would believe the gains is if Sikky would send a set over to OZ free of charge LOL ( I would be your ambassador) as I am getting a dyno tune in spring, HPS,K&N Xforce, so far. Its the biggest gain on any car I have heard of for just extractor and exhaust cheers.
Old 01-05-17, 01:07 AM
RSXiMUS
Lead Lap

The only way I would believe the gains is if Sikky would send a set over to OZ free of charge LOL ( I would be your ambassador) as I am getting a dyno tune in spring, HPS,K&N Xforce, so far. Its the biggest gain on any car I have heard of for just extractor and exhaust cheers.
Yup, believe it.

My ISF went from 348whp baseline bone stock to 416whp with just the addition of PPE headers, exhaust + tune. That's with high flow cats too! Without cats it would have picked up another +8whp or so.

Over 70whp by just opening up the exhaust and tune, this baby is very restrictive from the factory.
Old 01-05-17, 01:26 AM
isfvss
Racer

Originally Posted by S00Pah5L
Yup, believe it.

My ISF went from 348whp baseline bone stock to 416whp with just the addition of PPE headers, exhaust + tune. That's with high flow cats too! Without cats it would have picked up another +8whp or so.

Over 70whp by just opening up the exhaust and tune, this baby is very restrictive from the factory.
I believe you, exhaust AND tune, I have had a few LS1 LS2s exhaust AND tune with similar results cheers.

Quick Reply: Sikky V2 Header Exhaust Comparison (Now on sale)