IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Sikky V2 Header Exhaust Comparison (Now on sale)

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-17, 02:17 PM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

I've been on the forum just long enough to see the bias towards and against certain companies. Most seems unwarranted.

Its a new product id give it some time for third party data prior to lighting the torches quite yet. I've seen the same on the M forums who bashed on TTFS to high hell in support of the other tuners.
Old 01-06-17, 05:06 PM
Jz39
Advanced

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

It's probably pretty safe to assume that, all things being equal, these headers and the PPE headers, long tube, short tube, whatever, are all essentially within the margin of error of one another when compared apples to apples Taking other mods into consideration.
Old 01-07-17, 07:25 AM
GR8WHITE
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by flowrider
^^^^You can't really make a statement like that with no backup. I looked up your 30 posts and found this thread you started:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ml#post9595914

The graph posted in that video makes no sense as I explained on page two of that thread.

Again, I have no doubt Sikky headers do make power, the stock design is so bad, that any header would be improvement. But, the graph posted in your thread is bogus.

Lou
....yeah ok, Lou, thanks.
Old 01-07-17, 12:30 PM
ISFwpg
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SikkyMFG
We've done these tests in "bone stock" cars and gotten similar results (I'll link you another thread below). This specific car came in with the mods listed in the original post and as said by the owner. We then installed our headers and then re dyno'd the car to see what the difference was. We then installed the borla cat back and re dyno'd the car to see what the specific gains were. I feel like this is as clear and transparent as we can be. Below is a link to a thread were we tested it on a bone stock car (this is an RCF).
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/cl-...l-headers.html
I was excited when I read +45, then let down when the owner, not the company, told us it had a tune that only helped the headers. I agree that if it were only the tube (like in the link) it would be "bone stock" enough but the tune is an added variable. That would have been something you preferred on the hush hush, therefore not transparent. The link is for the new RCF 5.0 which we expect to run better with the 1 7/8" than our cars. So the 43 peak WHP is awesome but probably unattainable on this motor. From that graph I also see that at 3800 RPM the numbers are 100HP under stock, which makes sense and comes with the territory. I'll just wait to see a better test before I accept 45WHP is gained from the headers alone, I'm sure it'll be close and they look amazing.
Old 01-07-17, 12:52 PM
mahcah
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFwpg
I was excited when I read +45, then let down when the owner, not the company, told us it had a tune that only helped the headers. I agree that if it were only the tube (like in the link) it would be "bone stock" enough but the tune is an added variable. That would have been something you preferred on the hush hush, therefore not transparent. The link is for the new RCF 5.0 which we expect to run better with the 1 7/8" than our cars. So the 43 peak WHP is awesome but probably unattainable on this motor. From that graph I also see that at 3800 RPM the numbers are 100HP under stock, which makes sense and comes with the territory. I'll just wait to see a better test before I accept 45WHP is gained from the headers alone, I'm sure it'll be close and they look amazing.
thanks for pointing out that they failed to mention about the tune. This is false advertising.
Old 01-07-17, 08:00 PM
Alizia
Pit Crew

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mahcah
thanks for pointing out that they failed to mention about the tune. This is false advertising.
To be fair though when you're modding your car you're probably going to get the tune anyway. If you had to choose one or the other I'm sure most people would get the tune first before having your car being super loud and smelly. RR is pretty well known in this forum. I can't imagine people nowadays going the headers route and then stopping there. Maybe that'd be the case if this was like 2012 or something where there was no tune.
Old 01-07-17, 08:09 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,951 Likes on 1,374 Posts

^^^^Color me one of those guys with no tune. I'm just not sure about it! Maybe in time, but not now.

Lou
Old 01-07-17, 08:13 PM
FFM
Racer

You can't even run the intake without the tune. Come on guys ease off the witch hunt. Why so anti Sikky? If I'm not mistaken RR just released the dyno chart for their SC and I didn't see many people calling them out with skepticism.
The following users liked this post:
TTFS (01-09-17)
Old 01-07-17, 08:42 PM
mahcah
Racer

Originally Posted by FFM
You can't even run the intake without the tune. Come on guys ease off the witch hunt. Why so anti Sikky? If I'm not mistaken RR just released the dyno chart for their SC and I didn't see many people calling them out with skepticism.
There's something called disclosure and it's why skepticism occurs when there is lack thereof.
Old 01-07-17, 09:04 PM
mahcah
Racer

Originally Posted by Alizia
To be fair though when you're modding your car you're probably going to get the tune anyway.
"probably" is the key word because not everyone here runs a tune even with headers.

Don't discount the importance of transparency especially if one is selling a product or service. That's like disregarding the fine print to see that doing so could bite you in your butt because you didn't look at the details.
Old 01-07-17, 09:33 PM
FFM
Racer

There's a difference between probably running a tune and then running an intake that requires a tune. The forum is just very biased towards certain vendors. Which is nothing new. M forums is the same way.
Old 01-07-17, 09:35 PM
Alizia
Pit Crew

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by FFM
Actually yeah you can; I did that myself. I installed the tuned intake before running the actual tune and I could definitely feel a noticeable gain even without the tune.

Originally Posted by mahcah
"probably" is the key word because not everyone here runs a tune even with headers.

Don't discount the importance of transparency especially if one is selling a product or service. That's like disregarding the fine print to see that doing so could bite you in your butt because you didn't look at the details.
I'm not trying to discount the importance of transparency. People are saying the numbers are meaningless just because the baseline had a tune and I'm trying to point out that they're still relevant. Now we know how much it gains for people who have the tune right? There are 2 more dynos from SIKKY from 2 other people who don't have the tune so there we go. I agree that it's dumb that didn't mention it but it doesn't mean you should throw the graph in the toilet because of it.

Last edited by Alizia; 01-07-17 at 09:40 PM.
Old 01-07-17, 09:47 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 254 Likes on 176 Posts

Actually yeah you can; I did that myself. I installed the tuned intake before running the actual tune and I could definitely feel a noticeable gain even without the tune.
I always wondered that...But again, a company trying to sell something will most definitely tell you "you HAVE to have the tune with the intake"!!
I have a lot of respect for Rafi and the rr racing team though and for what they are doing for the Lexus community. But at the end of the day, they are running a business, and the whole point of a business is to be profitable and make money...So I don't blame them for marketing their products the way they do.
And I too, do not understand the hate on Sikky. PE isn't the only company that can make functioning headers for the ISF/RCF/GSF.
I really want to try these headers out. A new breath of fresh air for the F, literally!!

V.
Old 01-07-17, 09:52 PM
mahcah
Racer

Originally Posted by Vitveet
And I too, do not understand the hate on Sikky. PE isn't the only company that can make functioning headers for the ISF/RCF/GSF.
hate? More like disappointment by telling half truths.
Old 01-07-17, 09:59 PM
mahcah
Racer

There are 2 more dynos from SIKKY from 2 other people who don't have the tune so there we go. I agree that it's dumb that didn't mention it but it doesn't mean you should throw the graph in the toilet because of it.
Those two dynos weren't used in the OP. We are talking about what was stated, and lack thereof, in the OP. Not other dyno results from other cars.

I didn't "throw the graph in the toilet".

Quick Reply: Sikky V2 Header Exhaust Comparison (Now on sale)