IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

eSurance and the IS-F

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-17, 07:02 AM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Default eSurance and the IS-F

Is anyone else insured with eSurance with their IS-F and had their premium go up? I just received my 6 month renewal. My monthly rate went up from 191 to 286. (I have a second car on the policy and my home as well)

I called and demanded an explanation. The Rep said the vehicle ratings have changed, hinting it may be a higher risk vehicle and/or prone to be stolen. He also said eSurance had increased costs to do business in North Carolina.

I would be curious to see if everyone's policy has changed. Mind you, I didn't have any accidents or tickets this year.
Old 01-07-17, 07:42 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

rates going up is a normal thing even if you didn't get tickets or accidents. although I've never seen a high jump like that in autos alone, you do have a home on your policy as well.
Old 01-07-17, 07:51 AM
bbong
Intermediate

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

I've been with eSurance for over a decade, first in Cali now in Pennsylvania, I have 4 cars insured with them and ISF is full coverage with 1000 deductible and I pay $310 for 6mo. I rarely drive it only to and from the track, it's garaged over the winter, so yours still cheaper than mine.

Now I feel I'm getting ripped off heh, I have no accidents, warnings or speeding tickets.
Old 01-07-17, 08:14 AM
chrisp1
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Time to switch I pay less than that a month for my GTR my work van and my wife's car all full coverage and we live in a high-risk area that's a small city
Old 01-07-17, 09:01 AM
lorenr
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

I'd look for other insurance. I'm old, if that makes a difference, but I don't pay much more than that for a year on the F. I insure three cars, a truck, a motor home and a competition ski boat. Maybe they don't think my wife and I can drive more than one at a time. That insurance bill is a little larger, but I think the F is the most expensive.

No tickets ( no idea how this happened), no claims and $5,000 deductible. The reason for the high deductible is because you don't dare make a claim for less than that or they will cancel you. After that, you need to find a new insurance policy and then tell them you've been canceled.

Same on the home policy. Make the deductible for at least $7,500 and preferably $10,000. They hope you'll make a stupid claim for the sole reason that they can raise your rates.

Take the savings and put it in the bank, so you can pay the claim yourself.

Loren
Old 01-07-17, 10:09 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,900 Likes on 1,340 Posts

Originally Posted by bbong
I pay $310 for 6mo. so yours still cheaper than mine.

Now I feel I'm getting ripped off heh, I have no accidents, warnings or speeding tickets.
No! Did you read the post:

Originally Posted by 2URGSE
My monthly rate went up from 191 to 286.
Lou
Old 01-07-17, 12:13 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Checked AllState and their best plan is $177/month, I have a $500 deductible for the ISF and $1000 for the Toyota.

Just need to add the house now and kick eSurance to the curb.
Old 01-07-17, 02:54 PM
bbong
Intermediate

Originally Posted by flowrider
No! Did you read the post:

Lou
What is your problem? I don't get your No response, where I reply to 2URGSE that mine eSurance rate is already high compared to his, so if it did go up I'd say so, care to elaborate?
Old 01-07-17, 02:56 PM
bbong
Intermediate

Checked AllState and their best plan is $177/month, I have a $500 deductible for the ISF and $1000 for the Toyota.

Just need to add the house now and kick eSurance to the curb.
That sounds like a plan, I don't get this, esurance wasn't that pricey before, I could have slept through any rate increases they had.
Old 01-07-17, 04:27 PM
2URGSE
Racer

That sounds like a plan, I don't get this, esurance wasn't that pricey before, I could have slept through any rate increases they had.
Neither do I. Let me sum up what the Rep said on the phone.

1. The car ratings have changed. (higher risk car? Too many thefts?)

2. Cost of parts increase.

3. eSurance cost of doing business in North Carolina has increased.

I really like esurance, but $100/month increase just like that, well, it's time to go.
Old 01-07-17, 06:13 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,900 Likes on 1,340 Posts

What is your problem? I don't get your No response, where I reply to 2URGSE that mine eSurance rate is already high compared to his, so if it did go up I'd say so, care to elaborate?
But it's NOT! He quoted a monthly rate ($286.). You quoted the rate you pay every 6 months ($310, or $51.67 per month). BTW, I'm in AZ and my last semi-annual payment to State Farm was $325.41. I'd say your doing pretty good.

Lou

Last edited by flowrider; 01-07-17 at 06:18 PM.
Old 01-07-17, 08:45 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 254 Likes on 176 Posts

Neither do I. Let me sum up what the Rep said on the phone.

1. The car ratings have changed. (higher risk car? Too many thefts?)

2. Cost of parts increase.

3. eSurance cost of doing business in North Carolina has increased.

I really like esurance, but $100/month increase just like that, well, it's time to go.
They are blowing smoke at you....
#1: I haven't heard of any ISF thefts....And these cars are actually quite tough to steal....

2. Parts have decreased for these cars!!!! Embarrassing for them to even tell you that.

3. What?!! How does that even make sense?!!!?!?

Your premium is within a few bucks of what I'm paying for 5 vehicles, full coverage, $500 deductibles (GEICO). Been insured with them for 11 years now though.
Definitely time to got insurance shopping and drop eSurance.

V.
Old 01-08-17, 05:24 PM
2URGSE
Racer

I know they are blowing smoke, which is why I kicked them to the curb.

The only thing that's going against me is my minor accident back in April 2015. That will come off the books next Spring.

I left MetLife because their service sucked and went with esurance because their service is good. Didn't figure out they will hike my rates for no reason. Maybe they didn't get enough Christmas presents.

Furthermore, AllState owns esurance and got me a better rate. I just need to transfer the house under their policy and I'm all set.
Old 01-08-17, 05:26 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Alright, I think I got the answer:

http://www.chicagobusiness.com/artic...outing-savings

They spent too much money on advertising and had to pay out too many claims....opps......how do we get out of this mess?

Oh ya....let's raise the rates in 17 out of the 42 states we do business in.

They can go screw themselves.
Old 01-08-17, 07:44 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 254 Likes on 176 Posts

Wow, crazy. Perfect way to run customers away and go even further in the hole.

And this tells you that the "increase in thefts of this car" and "part prices have increased" were total BS, lol.

V.

Quick Reply: eSurance and the IS-F