IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Trying to find my way back to an ISF

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-17, 03:32 PM
OURISF
Driver

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Trying to find my way back to an ISF

Hey Everyone I am trying to find my way back into an ISF.

I miss MYISF (Matador Red) BAD!!! This was my build thread years ago for my 2009 https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...dor-build.html

I have been through a lot of cars since then and right now I drive a 2013 CTS-V M6 Coupe (see below) but I am on the hunt for a low mile ISF (2012-2014) so let me know if you guys are aware of any For Sale!!!

Trying to find my way back to an ISF-cv3_v_4.jpg
Old 03-09-17, 03:54 PM
ROYALISF
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by OURISF
Hey Everyone I am trying to find my way back into an ISF.

I miss MYISF (Matador Red) BAD!!! This was my build thread years ago for my 2009 https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...dor-build.html

I have been through a lot of cars since then and right now I drive a 2013 CTS-V M6 Coupe (see below) but I am on the hunt for a low mile ISF (2012-2014) so let me know if you guys are aware of any For Sale!!!

Attachment 405563
Good looking V! I'm sure you have a few things done to it? What else did you get into after the ISF?
Old 03-09-17, 04:03 PM
kings222
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

hows it compare to the ISF? why do you want to switch back?
Old 03-09-17, 04:08 PM
OURISF
Driver

Originally Posted by ROYALISF
Good looking V! I'm sure you have a few things done to it? What else did you get into after the ISF?
Thanks...it is a very nice car (low miles) and all I did was axle back Corsa exhaust, Vossen wheels and Eibach springs. And some cosmetic things like Xpel Clear bra and ceramic pro treatment on entire car.

Originally Posted by kings222
hows it compare to the ISF? why do you want to switch back?
Being that the V is a 6 speed I would say it would be a close race? But I am tired of the 6 speed driving daily work traffic and started looking at automatic options. I still think about my ISF and I loved that car...did you see my build thread? I wish I never got rid of that car...DAMN!
Old 03-09-17, 04:24 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 404 Likes on 256 Posts

What lured you away from the ISF in the first place?
Old 03-09-17, 04:30 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 92 Likes on 66 Posts

patience brah, youll find one. welcome btw!!!
Old 03-09-17, 04:30 PM
OURISF
Driver

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
What lured you away from the ISF in the first place?
I think I wanted more power...you know to be faster. And at the time there were no tuning options for the ISF. I did Sikky headers, Joe Z exhaust/intake, Tom's filter, etc...so I was about maxed out on performance. But when I look back I really liked that car a lot...one of my all time favorites and I have owned some bad *** cars. I really like the class of the car but then the nice brute V8 punch when you want it...easy to drive and very comfortable. Yeah I guess that kind of sums it up for me.
Old 03-09-17, 04:33 PM
tas02
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Welcome to the forum, OUIRISF.

Regarding your query on F's available to purchase, I'd suggest viewing the "Lexus Vehicles for Sale" forum.
Old 03-09-17, 04:54 PM
cremaster
Lead Lap

Received 70 Likes on 35 Posts

good luck w/ your search. this thread just reinforces my desire to keep holding onto my car, esp when my wife will occasionally say, "your payments are almost up. what do you want to do? keep it? get something else?"
Old 03-09-17, 04:58 PM
quikturbo
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds very much like me I sold my 2010 V last year (20k miles, white 6spd 4door with lots of mods) while the car was an animal, it just didn't seem to suite me and while I love manual cars, as a daily you're right, it gets tiresome. I've been extremely happy jumping into an ISF, much more my style. I will also say the fit an finish on the F is nicer. The Recaro's in the V were nice and so were the ventilated seats, but I can deal with that and my full leather seats in the F are very comfy. The F just feel solid and planted, the interior on the V felt a bit cheapy but not terrible.

Good luck on your search..

Chris
Old 03-09-17, 05:29 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 404 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by OURISF
I think I wanted more power...you know to be faster. And at the time there were no tuning options for the ISF. I did Sikky headers, Joe Z exhaust/intake, Tom's filter, etc...so I was about maxed out on performance. But when I look back I really liked that car a lot...one of my all time favorites and I have owned some bad *** cars. I really like the class of the car but then the nice brute V8 punch when you want it...easy to drive and very comfortable. Yeah I guess that kind of sums it up for me.
The allure of more power is.... well...... powerful lol

I looked at your build and damn!! Someone got a sweet MRM
Old 03-09-17, 06:33 PM
SoulFreak
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Nice build! I could only imagine you lurking for a Matador Red ISF. Really nice cars you've had and have. I wish you the best of luck in finding one, I'm more than certain you will.
Old 03-09-17, 07:02 PM
xSumDumGuy
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome back. Check out the vehicle classifieds here. There is a2012 with 54k and 2014 with 16k for sale.
Old 03-09-17, 07:20 PM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have a feeling this is going to be me in about a year if I sell my car
I know you said 11 up but if you are planning to mod you could take a look at my 08' in the classified section. I recently decided that I need to thin out the number of cars for a while and it's a shame but I rarely have the time and the right day to use my car.
Old 03-09-17, 07:31 PM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

Pretty amazing how many past owners I've talked to that say the ISF was one of their favorite cars they ever owned.

Quick Reply: Trying to find my way back to an ISF