IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

CWest CF Front Lip Problems... Speacial Thanks To Josh at Meraki

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-17, 08:54 AM
JG853
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CWest CF Front Lip Problems... Speacial Thanks To Josh at Meraki

Club Lexus ISF Forum Members – I wanted to post my experience with CWest Products as well as Meraki Autoworks, for those interested in modding their ISF.In January 2017, I called Josh at Meraki and ordered a Tom’s CF Rear Diffuser and CWest CF Front Lip for my ISF. Josh told me that he had a Tom’s diffuser in stock and that he would call CWest to see if they had any CF Front Lips in stock for the ISF. After speaking with Aki at CWest, Josh told me that they do have an uncleared CWest front lip and that it would ship directly from CWest to my work place in Milwaukee, WI. So, I bought both and looked forward to delivery. A few weeks later (End of January 2017) I received two boxes (One from Meraki with the Toms Diffuser, and the other from CWest with the CWest CF Front Lip). As I noted, both were shipped to my employer, where our shipping department received and signed acknowledging delivery (They do not have permission to open any deliveries that are not addressed to them). The boxes arrived in perfect condition, like new. I then transported the boxes via my Friends Ford F350 with an enclosed box to my heated storage facility next to my ISF (I store my ISF each winter). During the second week of March, I took the boxes to Customs Unlimited, a very high end restoration shop that also specializes in Carbon Fiber, where the CWest CF Front Lip would be clear coated and both would be installed. Jeff (Owner of Customs Unlimited), opened the boxes and the Tom’s CF Diffuser was perfect. The CWest Front Lip, however, was not. The CWest CF Front Lip was cracked all along the bottom of the lip due to the manufacturer sanding right through the carbon fiber to the fiberglass (It is a Carbon Fiber Overlay on to Fiberglass, as is the Tom’s) . In addition, the CWest CF Front Lip had a large resin drip as well as a chip in the side of the lip – All manufacturing defects. Jeff emailed me all kinds of pictures of the defects, of which I will post to this thread. I wanted to leave the CWest clear coated to just show the Carbon Fiber to match my Tom’s Diffuser, but Jeff told me that it was not possible as it would have to be fixed using fiber glass resin and then painted.I sent the pictures to Josh at Meraki Autoworks, who immediately sent the pictures to Aki at CWest. Aki then told Josh that he was not a preferred vendor (Josh has this text message) and that the product was inspected and it was damaged during shipping (The box arrived in perfect condition to me and I have detailed photos of it). I then called Aki at CWest and Aki told me that he would have to check on who inspected the CWest front lip and would call me back regarding a replacement. I did not hear back from him for two days, so I called him back and he then told me that he inspected in (But he could not remember) and that I would have to work with Josh as he sold me the front splitter and he shipped it (Aki could not remember that he shipped it directly to me initially, then recalled when I told him the shipping confirmation). Thus, I called back Josh at Meraki and he was also asking Aki for a replacement. Aki texted Josh that there was nothing he could do and that he was not going to replace it or refund me. At that point, Josh told me he would take care of me and I returned the CWest Lip to Josh and paid the difference for a Tom’s CF Front Lip he had in stock. We split the shipping back of the CWest and Josh immediately sent me the Tom’s CF Front Lip. Aki at CWest received all of the photos I will post to this thread to show you the quality of CWest Products. Also, I told him to call carbon fiber expert Jeff Kruse, which he never did. Th Cwest product quality is complete junk. I would suggest staying away from any CWest products as their quality is bad, customer service is bad, and they do not back their products even when it is proven to be a manufacturing defect. Go with Tom’s – The quality and fitment are perfect, not to mention that they come with the appropriate nuts, screws, bolts, and tape to install their products. Cwest does not include any of it.Finally, when you are considering buying products from vendors, you want those that have great customer service – Meraki Autoworks is a place to buy with confidence. Josh is great to work with and a straight forward guy. I can not say enough great things about working with Josh and Meraki Autoworks. They put the customer first! Thanks Josh for taking care of me. I will be calling you for the coil overs for the ISF as well as the sway bars.
Joel G

Old 04-11-17, 10:30 AM
geero
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

thanks for the heads up! i also got my tom's from meraki & josh even met up w/ me to deliver the rear diffuser! he definitely goes out of his way for his clients.
Old 04-11-17, 11:26 AM
JG853
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Josh is a stand up guy - No doubt I will do business with him again.
Old 04-11-17, 05:24 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 691 Likes on 608 Posts

Thanks Joel!

Now.. If anyone is in the market for a Cwest lip.... Contact me. I have a $1000 paperweight lol.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 04-11-17, 06:06 PM
Lmood
Lexus Test Driver

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Josh..

Lololol