IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Finally Installed OEM Rear Fog Lights

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-17, 02:26 PM
Defratos
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 43 Posts
Cool Finally Installed OEM Rear Fog Lights

Finally, I’ve managed to install OEM rear fog lights on my GCC Spec ISF.

Parts needed are as follows:

New indicator Stalk which include the additional selection for the rear fog light: 84140-30311

New Rear Inner Light clusters which include the rear fogs:
81580-53071 Lamp Assy, Rear, RH
81590-53071 Lamp Asse, Rear, LH

Changing the indicator Stalk was pretty straight forward after watching one or two videos on YouTube, and changing the rear Lamp was even easier. Pics below for reference of the change but it was a simple plug a play.

The only thing I’m trying to sort out now is displaying the rear fog lights on my dash when they’re switched on.

The light for the rear fogs is in the dash but I think it needs to be programmed by the dealer or something.

I’ve looked into Techstream but can’t find anything to help activate this light.

Enjoy the pics

Old Vs New Indicator Stalk:
Name:  F4DADE97-1BB4-4E9E-B60A-E8A18367BBAE_zpsachevl9x.jpg
Views: 1964
Size:  117.9 KB

Bottom Lights are the new ones with the fogs installed:
Name:  DF0DBA47-9792-45E6-9D67-C5BBAAEE4C19_zpsuggyumul.jpg
Views: 1666
Size:  128.8 KB

Name:  NFG1_zps7deufujh.jpg
Views: 2126
Size:  113.2 KB

Name:  FOGS1_zpsppf708ni.jpg
Views: 1921
Size:  82.9 KB
The following users liked this post:
21ce (03-27-21)
Old 04-27-17, 02:40 PM
JohnMorgan
Lead Lap

Received 61 Likes on 41 Posts

Thanks for sharing this, been looking on how to do the rear fog lights the OEM way
Old 04-27-17, 02:51 PM
JPxMODz
Lead Lap

Received 111 Likes on 70 Posts

Nice job! Looks great
Old 04-27-17, 03:10 PM
CarterIS
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a very nice mod.

I see on the new stalk where you can select the between the 2 different fogs (front and rear), unless I'm missing something from the picture, how do you go about having them on at the same time?

*Also if nothing is wrong with the old on, would you be willing to sell it. Pm me regarding that
Old 04-27-17, 03:28 PM
semnosNSX
Advanced

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Hey thats pretty cool! Job well done!
Old 04-28-17, 01:23 AM
Defratos
Racer

Originally Posted by CarterIS
This is a very nice mod.

I see on the new stalk where you can select the between the 2 different fogs (front and rear), unless I'm missing something from the picture, how do you go about having them on at the same time?

*Also if nothing is wrong with the old on, would you be willing to sell it. Pm me regarding that
You can only switch on the rear fogs with the front fogs switched on.

I don't plan on using my old indicator stalk but shipping alone will probably make it more expensive for you and it'll probably be cheaper to buy it from Ebay or the dealers as I'm half way across the world
Old 04-28-17, 10:43 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,920 Likes on 1,355 Posts

Ya know, I never realized what that dead space in the tails was for The later 2nd gen tails (never used in the ISF) don't have the dead space. As most of you know I have the later lights, smoked, installed in my F.

Lou
Old 04-28-17, 10:50 AM
Joker4096
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts

Makes me think that you can open up the dead space, install a bulb, and use a relay system to activate the lights when the fogs are on.
Old 04-28-17, 11:13 AM
prosem
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is awesome!

so all the wiring is there? all you had to do was replace the stalk and add a harness for the rear?

Matt
Old 04-28-17, 11:49 AM
Defratos
Racer

Originally Posted by Joker4096
Makes me think that you can open up the dead space, install a bulb, and use a relay system to activate the lights when the fogs are on.
Yes someone has already posted an aftermarket kit whereby he simply made a hole big enough for a bulb and fitting and retro fitted fogs. but you need to have some skilled hands.

Can't remember what he wired it to and how it switched on and off.

Can you explain what you mean by using a relay system to activate the lights when the fogs are on?

You can do it that way but you need to cutout the circle for the lights and connecter pretty perfectly
Originally Posted by prosem
This is awesome!

so all the wiring is there? all you had to do was replace the stalk and add a harness for the rear?

Matt
For my 2013 ISF yes the wiring was already there, I wasn't sure if it was until I get everything installed.

The only problem I'm having is showing up the fog light display on the dash
Old 04-28-17, 02:20 PM
Joker4096
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts

So you would essentially add a relay to turn ON when a switch or something is turned on in the car. I would do it to the headlights or fog lights. That switch triggers the relay to provide power to whatever bulbs you put in the back, stock or not.
Old 04-28-17, 05:56 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

U need all that rear lights? For reverse to see when u back up in a sand storm? ���� lol ��
Old 04-28-17, 06:54 PM
ap2s2k
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Awesome mod, specially for our winter driving. I just checked and can confirm that my Canadian '12 ISF has the same space for the rear fog lights as OP. Question OP: did you have to add that red/black wire for that extra bulb? When I check the connector there are only 3 prongs in that 4 prong connector. You said harness for the rear fogs is there in your model which to me means no modification (splicing) to original harness needed, only unwrapping of the black oem electrical tape.
Attached Thumbnails Finally Installed OEM Rear Fog Lights-image.jpg  
Old 04-28-17, 06:57 PM
ap2s2k
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Ok, I just reread your post, you bough completely new inner lights assemb. Lol, now question is, how hard is it to modify the original ones to fit those fog bulbs
Attached Thumbnails Finally Installed OEM Rear Fog Lights-image.jpg  

Last edited by ap2s2k; 04-28-17 at 08:25 PM.
Old 04-29-17, 01:31 AM
Defratos
Racer

Originally Posted by Joker4096
So you would essentially add a relay to turn ON when a switch or something is turned on in the car. I would do it to the headlights or fog lights. That switch triggers the relay to provide power to whatever bulbs you put in the back, stock or not.
Ok I think this is what is going to be done to get my car to pass UK MOT test, as the last thing I need to comply is to have a visual light to show that the rear fogs are on. This is why I'm trying to get it to show up on the dash because the rear fog light indicator is physically on the dash but doesn't illuminate. I'm hoping this is something the dealer can do. If not then they would have to install a rely like you have explained above.

Originally Posted by ISF4life
U need all that rear lights? For reverse to see when u back up in a sand storm? ���� lol ��
lol no I don't need it for the Middle East but I'm planning to ship the car to the UK and to comply and have it fully legal I need rear fogs and to change my speedo from KPH to MPH

Originally Posted by ap2s2k
Ok, I just reread your post, you bough completely new inner lights assemb. Lol, now question is, how hard is it to modify the original ones to fit those fog bulbs
Yup I bought completely new inner lights

Quick Reply: Finally Installed OEM Rear Fog Lights