USB Audio playback

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-17, 02:03 PM
ISF5L
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
Default USB Audio playback

Hi all,

A bit of a noob question i know but havent had much luck looking for an answer. I have a 08 ISF so not sure if the newer ones have the same issue but i miss not having a simple USB connection to plug into for audio playback. Currently using CD's etc but its a bit of a pain to keep burning new ones for an additional song here and there whereas adding extra music onto a USB is as simple as it gets.

Besides upgrading the unit to something like the Vline or connecting an MP3 player to the Aux port, is there another way to utilise the Aux port so i can easily add a USB stick through some kind of cable, connection etc.

Ideally id like to use the head unit / steering buttons to control audio playback like a CD which is a must for a USB. Even if i connected with an MP3 player, id like control via the head unit.
Old 05-07-17, 05:45 PM
Quadrphnia
Advanced

Received 133 Likes on 87 Posts

Hey, check the model numbers in my sig to see how I did it. There are other similar options. The best options all require removing the radio for installation.

I'm happy with mine with the exception that incoming call volume is far too high. This may have been mitigated with a firmware update.

Also, you can always burn mp3 data CDs which allow 700MBs of mp3s. Depending on bitrate, that's approx. 700 minutes of tunes.
Old 05-08-17, 10:10 AM
digger08
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadrphnia
Hey, check the model numbers in my sig to see how I did it. There are other similar options. The best options all require removing the radio for installation.

I'm happy with mine with the exception that incoming call volume is far too high. This may have been mitigated with a firmware update.

Also, you can always burn mp3 data CDs which allow 700MBs of mp3s. Depending on bitrate, that's approx. 700 minutes of tunes.
Just an FYI........For your incoming call volume did you check the system "check mode" on the Nav - ie...the hidden service menu (Hold "Info" button and turn lights on 4 times from the control stock...while still holding the info button) - I think there is a main volume control adjustment in the Phone section or in the audio...cant remember exactly which area, but hunt around and make some adjustments to see if that helps.

Digger08
The following users liked this post:
Quadrphnia (05-08-17)
Old 05-08-17, 10:28 AM
Quadrphnia
Advanced

Received 133 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by digger08
Just an FYI........For your incoming call volume did you check the system "check mode" on the Nav - ie...the hidden service menu (Hold "Info" button and turn lights on 4 times from the control stock...while still holding the info button) - I think there is a main volume control adjustment in the Phone section or in the audio...cant remember exactly which area, but hunt around and make some adjustments to see if that helps.

Digger08
Good looking out - however, in my case the stock unit no longer knows when I'm making a call, it's bypassed with the ISBT21 unit I use. Streaming works flawlessly but phone volume is far too high upon answering. I forgot to update the firmware on it before I installed it so I have a feeling if I yank it out & flash it it'll fix the issue.

I also noticed that my above post didn't have my signature as I replied from my cell phone - sorry about that. My full setup is ISTY12 as the gateway, ISBT21 for USB Streaming & SXV200v1 for Sirius.
The following users liked this post:
ISF5L (05-09-17)