IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Good deal on brembo rotors

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-17, 12:26 PM
Bulls23337
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by drifto
Just purchased this from eBay (partscontainers) last week. I've heard from people on this forum that these are legit.
I bought these from the same seller and installed them last month. Came in Brembo boxes. They work great!
Old 05-31-17, 12:48 PM
mk416
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by flowrider
Brembo doesn't make pads or rotors, they make calipers. Most rotors or pads marked Brembo or Lexus are probably OK and are made under license by another manufacturer to Brembo specs. However there probably are some counterfeits out there, and they probably would be listed on eBay. I have a set of counterfeit ND spark plugs sitting in my garage now bought from a Chinese seller on eBay. Since it took me over a year to discover the issue, Neither eBay or PayPal would do anything about it. The seller, welljob, of course, never responded to my messages and he is still selling on eBay. Even though eBay told me they were aware of the issue and said they pulled the seller's privileges. They, of course didn't, he is still selling.

Auto Zone should be OK. I bought another set of ND spark plugs from them, and they are genuine. I looked on the Auto Zone site and could not find the listing for ISF rotors.

Lou
Just wanted to reiterate this seeing as how people keep thinking that these are "Brembo" rotors.
Old 05-31-17, 01:09 PM
ap2s2k
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by piran21
Darn... Too bad they don't ship to Canada.
I see you are in ON. Just ship it to the border. We use this company www.usparcelpickup.com, pretty good and convenient.
Old 05-31-17, 01:37 PM
jdmSW20
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

I saw these same ones but was kind of suspicious so I held off, even though ive never had an issue with autozone parts thus far
Old 05-31-17, 03:03 PM
bbong
Intermediate

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by JPxMODz
Not sure how this compares to what you guys are looking at ? Genuine Brembos here...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/351736385921...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
I can swear by these, I've been ordering them every year from exactly this buyer and never had an issue.
Old 05-31-17, 03:22 PM
Orthodoks
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The boxes say made in Italy on the Brembos rotors I got from the Autozone deal and the rotors looks to be high quality. If Brembo out source their manufacturing then I can't imagine this being too different from rotors ordered from partscontainer on ebay. I was also looking at these rotors from Amazon and other online sources and read an review from some where and they mentioned the box said made in Italy.
Old 05-31-17, 06:21 PM
PatrickISF
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I went ahead and picked these up. The part numbers on the AutoZone site line up with the part numbers from the eBay auction I purchased the last set from. The boxes I got with that part number came in Brembo boxes and also said made in Italy. $334 shipped (I had a $10 autozone card too). Use coupon ROAD20 which is still valid for 20% off. Need to replace my rears soon so doesn't hurt to pick up a full set at this point for as cheap as they are.
Old 06-01-17, 07:09 AM
bbong
Intermediate

Originally Posted by PatrickISF
I went ahead and picked these up. The part numbers on the AutoZone site line up with the part numbers from the eBay auction I purchased the last set from. The boxes I got with that part number came in Brembo boxes and also said made in Italy. $334 shipped (I had a $10 autozone card too). Use coupon ROAD20 which is still valid for 20% off. Need to replace my rears soon so doesn't hurt to pick up a full set at this point for as cheap as they are.
That's an incredible deal. I'm going to order a set too. Thanks for letting us know.
Old 06-01-17, 07:21 AM
bbong
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mk416
Just wanted to reiterate this seeing as how people keep thinking that these are "Brembo" rotors.
Seriously man, we know they aren't made by Brembo as Brembo does not make Rotors, they're manufactured for Brembo which many OEM's are fitted with and most likely adhere to Brembo specs and QA, probably every 10th set gets QA'd as opposed to every 100th, the fact remains that if they are OEM, they're superb rotors and the price is a steal IMO.
Old 06-02-17, 09:27 PM
AZN Lex
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where are you guys getting your pads? I need to replace my rear pads and rotors soon and the fronts probably in 6 months. I notice the partscontainer eBay seller has rear rotors and pads for sale too. They mention "textar" pads so I'm guessing they aren't OEM?
http://m.ebay.com/itm/Lexus-IS-F-200....c100408.m2460
Old 06-02-17, 11:24 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,021 Likes on 2,436 Posts

Brembo might not manufacture them, but they definitely have a hand in designing them:
Old 06-03-17, 10:42 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 405 Likes on 256 Posts

Interesting that you posted that diagram above for the Brembo rotors....... the weight shows 11.8 Kg = 26 lbs

They you look at the weight on the AutoZone website and it shows 27.6 lbs??

Anyone know the true weight of the rotors......
Old 06-03-17, 12:25 PM
drifto
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by AZN Lex
Where are you guys getting your pads? I need to replace my rear pads and rotors soon and the fronts probably in 6 months. I notice the partscontainer eBay seller has rear rotors and pads for sale too. They mention "textar" pads so I'm guessing they aren't OEM?
http://m.ebay.com/itm/Lexus-IS-F-200....c100408.m2460

I didn't like the dust and the noise of the OEM pads. I hear the Textar ones are the same as OEM. I went with the Project U street pads. Getting them installed as I type this message. Reviews and people on this forum say they have low dust and no squealing. I will provide some feedback once I pick up my car and drive a few hundred kilometres.

http://speedfreaksusa.com/i-11667143-project-mu-ns400-lexus-is-f-front-rear-cl-package-special.html
The following users liked this post:
AZN Lex (06-06-17)
Old 06-03-17, 02:26 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 405 Likes on 256 Posts

I ended up ordering these through AutoZone, just bought the front 2 rotors as I think my rear rotors are good for over 100k at least.

Price ended up being $199 with tax included, used the 20% off coupon stated above and it saved me $46 on the order

To boot I bought a AutoZone gift card and saved another $20+ dollars on purchasing that so I ended up getting them for $180 total

Doesn't get any cheaper than that for the front two rotors @ $90 a piece.......
Old 06-03-17, 05:30 PM
916gs400
Rookie

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
Interesting that you posted that diagram above for the Brembo rotors....... the weight shows 11.8 Kg = 26 lbs

They you look at the weight on the AutoZone website and it shows 27.6 lbs??

Anyone know the true weight of the rotors......
its probably 26 lbs rotor itself. 27.6 lbs in package. Received mine. No issues. Looks good

Quick Reply: Good deal on brembo rotors