IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Million dollar question: Passenger side window programming

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-17, 05:03 PM
xaker777
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Oh I already got all weather mats and cover for the car, as well as hella eagle eye style leds, to do custom bumper DRL job, similar to rocket bunny body except without drilling the bumper. Also, got motimoto led fog light.
The reason why I'll stick in with the car cuz it's been my dream car for a while, and for the person who makes 40k annually, spend all that for a car isn't smartest decision, 24 on other hand looks way better. And with that I get: durability, reliability, quality of Lexus, comfort and speed and great community. Btw I am in north California, and if anyone wants to cruise or anything I am always up for that kind of business))
Old 06-07-17, 05:04 PM
xaker777
Driver

Originally Posted by ZDCATC
Did anyone else notice the car originally came with alpine white seats? At least according to the VIN decoder. It even says it has white seats at the bottom of the ebay ad.

how are u able to decode the vin?
Old 06-07-17, 07:34 PM
ZDCATC
Driver

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

I can never remember so I always just google lexus vin decode and this clublexus link shows up https://www.clublexus.com/forums/vindecoder.php

It's not the perfect F or the best bargain but I'm sure you'll have fun with it anyway. I bet it has a lot of life left in it regardless of how it was put back together.
Old 06-08-17, 05:40 AM
HankMoody
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Bro, you should have done your research, any true Lexus / IS-F fan would have been able to spot the differences right off the bat.. That was a waste of money for a molested car.
Old 06-08-17, 06:05 AM
cjblair
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

This is a tough situation for OP. Will hopefully be a learning experience... unfortunately I would expect it's going to get worse before it gets better.

I said it in the other thread with the auction, I wouldn't have touched that car with a 10' pole; if you're expecting Lexus reliability, I wouldn't get your hopes up with this car.

I know it probably won't make you change your mind, but I'm with the other posters - it's worth a try to get your money back. Save up for longer so you can afford a better example, this car is going to be a headache for as long as you own it.

Best of luck OP.
Old 06-08-17, 07:08 AM
Fivepoint0
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by xaker777
Oh I already got all weather mats and cover for the car, as well as hella eagle eye style leds, to do custom bumper DRL job, similar to rocket bunny body except without drilling the bumper. Also, got motimoto led fog light.
The reason why I'll stick in with the car cuz it's been my dream car for a while, and for the person who makes 40k annually, spend all that for a car isn't smartest decision, 24 on other hand looks way better. And with that I get: durability, reliability, quality of Lexus, comfort and speed and great community. Btw I am in north California, and if anyone wants to cruise or anything I am always up for that kind of business))

thats one way to look at it but spending that money on a car that's molested willl cost you way more in the future.
As noted before by members on here get your money back but if you are set on keeping it
good luck, lots of good infor on CL .
Old 06-08-17, 07:13 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 405 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by xaker777
The reason why I'll stick in with the car cuz it's been my dream car for a while, and for the person who makes 40k annually, spend all that for a car isn't smartest decision, 24 on other hand looks way better.
OP^^^^^^^This statement above shows that your not listening to the community here. Everyone has given you sound advice and to see if EBay will back you up and return the vehicle for being sold for misrepresentation!

Seems like you have tunnel vision and lord knows why you would want to stick with this car after being lied to is beyond me and others here that have been trying to help you? There are plenty of examples of early model 2008-09 ISF's in the mid 20k range that are intact and haven't been wrecked and stripped..........

Again good luck if you stick with this car, but you have no reason to complain as issues pop up because of the circumstances.
Old 06-08-17, 07:12 PM
xaker777
Driver

Guys it's great. But I been working on my cars all the time. I will give this car to my mechanic for mechanical inspection. So far it's been a great car with minnimun issues. Seller reimbursed me for the cost of panels and other things that I meantion to him. I already got a panel and things just because my plastics don't match doesn't mean car will be a headache. For me car should have minimal issues here and there, it gives great chance to improve car and also work and learn more. I never expected a fully perfect car. And never driven one. This one has low mileage and I am really really enjoing it to the fullest. Hard to see how my sweet cake can be poisoned when it tastes soooo good
Old 06-08-17, 09:44 PM
Orthodoks
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

To each their own I guess. That seller got REALLY lucky selling that car to you. Good luck OP.
Old 06-09-17, 04:37 AM
themap
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Orthodoks
To each their own I guess. That seller got REALLY lucky selling that car to you. Good luck OP.

thats what i was thinking too.

Best of luck with that car. We've given you our opinion in it.
Old 06-09-17, 05:59 AM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 254 Likes on 176 Posts

That car should have been around $15k. I would return it off the strength of them telling you "minor fender bender" but it's in fact a totaled) salvaged vehicle. I would be about losing my mind....but then again, my research would have been done better.
Like a member said above, it'll get worse before it gets better. And a salvaged title negates the low miles and molested panels. Before you know it, you'll have spent $10k+ of repairs and replacements.
Just don't understand you.....you don't make much money so you wanna stick with that car.....not making much money is MORE OF A REASON to get rid of it!!! Your cost of ownership will be 2-3 times the cost of the average F owner. Don't blind yourself more than they already blinded you.
Yes we'll all help you out with issues that pop up but you've been warned and don't be surprised when more issues pop up.

V.
Old 06-12-17, 01:19 PM
kolyan
Advanced

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

From salvage insurance auction. Not sure which CarFax OP looked at, it says total loss in there and accident happened in May 2016. I am guessing suspension was damaged too, says hit a curb and couple of posts.
Attached Thumbnails Million dollar question: Passenger side window programming-830700520-1l.jpg  

Last edited by kolyan; 06-12-17 at 01:35 PM.
Old 06-12-17, 10:52 PM
cjblair
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Can't get rid of it though, bought floor mats.
Old 06-13-17, 07:45 AM
kolyan
Advanced

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Cant really say its gonna be unreliable, engine seems fine...... The only issues is that mickey mouse wiring and panels, maybe some issues with lights etc. Interesting to know how much they paid for it....$5k maybe? PS. all interior panels were stolen I suppose or maybe they didnt match the new door so they replaced everything with parts from regular IS?
Old 06-13-17, 07:25 PM
Helo58
Pole Position

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by kolyan
From salvage insurance auction. Not sure which CarFax OP looked at, it says total loss in there and accident happened in May 2016. I am guessing suspension was damaged too, says hit a curb and couple of posts.
I found out through reading this thread that automotive "branding" laws of titles vary enormously from state to state. Depending on the states where all of this happened (damage, sale, etc.), a branded title can be "washed" by simply moving and registering the vehicle in a state where the brand doesn't transfer. Other ways around this include wiggle room within the states that define brands uniquely. No idea until I started researching this car.

Quick Reply: Million dollar question: Passenger side window programming