Old 06-14-17, 01:51 PM
breakeroh
Rookie

Received 32 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Lexus ISF track day at Mid Ohio

2012 Lexus ISF - my daily
No mods, all stock. 31k miles
Stock Street tires, Stoptech street performance front brake pads

My First track event with my new ISF. This is the last two laps of my First session. I ran in the advance group and we only got two sessions, this morning session and an afternoon second session. A severe thunderstorms half way through the event ended the day, but all in all I'm pretty happy with what I explored and learned in the two sessions with the ISF. I pushed harder in the second session but captured video on the roof cam with another camera, I need to review it and share later.

Old 06-14-17, 02:27 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Very very cool! What a great track! Nice driving. If you want to reduce the understeer pick up the rear F sport sway bar for $170 on eBay. Also the slits in the tread blocks usually means you took too much air out of the tire. Thanks for sharing bud! Good stuff !
Old 06-14-17, 03:05 PM
breakeroh
Rookie

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Very very cool! What a great track! Nice driving. If you want to reduce the understeer pick up the rear F sport sway bar for $170 on eBay. Also the slits in the tread blocks usually means you took too much air out of the tire. Thanks for sharing bud! Good stuff !
Thanks for the tip! and your video blogs on your track days in the ISF are great to hear about, keep that up! it reassures me this car can handle the numerous track days lol
This is a special car capable of dual duties daily / track.

I wanted to know how the car felt from the factory before I do mods and I can understand the understeer is built in for safety from the factory, with some lift off or brake jabs the car's nose could be pivoted and turned in, but I would prefer more if it favored more oversteer with power being applied through the corner. It held it's corning line when I gave it power, unlike my S2000 I would modulate and yaw with power which I prefer to be more aggressive. I am definitely looking into the rear F sport sway bar to reduce the understeer. I also saw there was a sway bar you could install in the rear trunk too. Not sure which one to go with yet, and I need to verify which F sport sway bar part number is the correct one for the ISF. If you know what the correct part is that'll help. Hope it's a simple install too.

I wondered about the slits, I've never seen this happen before when I track my S2000, interesting point on that. Thanks.

Last edited by breakeroh; 06-14-17 at 05:37 PM.
Old 06-14-17, 08:53 PM
supersonic
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

The F sport sway bar is exactly that, sway bars for the F Sport cars. It is a larger diameter than the stock ones we have on our F. I havent gotten one yet but I do have one in my Watch list on ebay. Here's the link. Probably cheapest you can get an OEM one for: http://www.ebay.com/itm/252531438540...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Old 06-14-17, 10:09 PM
5ltrv8
Driver

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Was this track day last Friday? I was wanting to go, but had other responsibilities come up. Let me know the next time you head to MidOhio. I was thinking of doing one of the track days in August.
Old 06-15-17, 08:18 AM
breakeroh
Rookie

Originally Posted by supersonic
The F sport sway bar is exactly that, sway bars for the F Sport cars. It is a larger diameter than the stock ones we have on our F. I havent gotten one yet but I do have one in my Watch list on ebay. Here's the link. Probably cheapest you can get an OEM one for: http://www.ebay.com/itm/252531438540...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Thanks

Originally Posted by 5ltrv8
Was this track day last Friday? I was wanting to go, but had other responsibilities come up. Let me know the next time you head to MidOhio. I was thinking of doing one of the track days in August.
ok. Im thinking if i wabt to come back in September, if i get a rear sway bar i would be interested in coming back with the F. Its my daily so i dont know if i want to track it hard since I have the S2000 for that. Today was to understand its capabilities aince i just got it in Feb.

This was on Tuesday with autointerests. Bonus day included a Ferrari race in between sessions.
Old 06-15-17, 08:20 AM
breakeroh
Rookie

Second session video uploaded. I pushed the front tires harder in this second session, I could hear the tires and but the car didn't push that bad, pretty impressed by how well it gripped in the corners and I could lift off to make it tuck into the apex. Since it was just my second session I was planning to explore trail braking in the later sessions but the weather didn't cooperate for the day.

Last edited by breakeroh; 06-15-17 at 08:27 AM.
Old 06-15-17, 10:56 AM
lexicon72
Intermediate

Received 165 Likes on 98 Posts

Nicely done! Definitely was pushing it in session 2. I was hoping to go to that event but I was out of town. I will be heading to Mid-Ohio on Sunday 9/3 as part of Autointerest's Carfest event (my 4th track day in the F - Pocono, Putnam, and NCM). Hope to see you there! I installed a Sikky rear sway bar (similar to F sport) and am anxious to see the difference as well.
Old 06-15-17, 05:44 PM
breakeroh
Rookie

Originally Posted by lexicon72
Nicely done! Definitely was pushing it in session 2. I was hoping to go to that event but I was out of town. I will be heading to Mid-Ohio on Sunday 9/3 as part of Autointerest's Carfest event (my 4th track day in the F - Pocono, Putnam, and NCM). Hope to see you there! I installed a Sikky rear sway bar (similar to F sport) and am anxious to see the difference as well.
It'll be nice to see another F at the track, hope to see you then. At first i wasnt thinking i would track the F more, bc i have a s2000 for that and my F is more my daily. What do you think If the sikky rear sway bar? If i get the rear sway bar installed ill be curious how the handling changes and could be back lol. If was a fun event even though I only got 2 sessions due to the weather, but they opened up the car control lot for us to practice since the track was off.

Old 06-15-17, 07:29 PM
lexicon72
Intermediate

[QUOTE=breakeroh;9897962] What do you think If the sikky rear sway bar?/QUOTE]
Haven't really tested it out...running around on bald all seasons so I haven't pushed it too hard in the twisties daily driving. Though there is definitely less body roll and less understeer. Most go with an F sport rear sway bar since its a little cheaper but I found a good black Friday deal on the Sikky.
Where in Ohio are you located?
Old 06-16-17, 07:04 AM
breakeroh
Rookie

[QUOTE=lexicon72;9898068]
Originally Posted by breakeroh
What do you think If the sikky rear sway bar?/QUOTE]
Haven't really tested it out...running around on bald all seasons so I haven't pushed it too hard in the twisties daily driving. Though there is definitely less body roll and less understeer. Most go with an F sport rear sway bar since its a little cheaper but I found a good black Friday deal on the Sikky.
Where in Ohio are you located?
Yeah Sikky has a line of products for the ISF and I'm wondering which rear sway bar to go with too. I'm in Columbus. You?
Old 06-16-17, 07:39 AM
5ltrv8
Driver

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Hey guys, I'm in Columbus too! Would love to get together some time. I'm interested in getting a rear bar as well.

[QUOTE=breakeroh;9898320]
Originally Posted by lexicon72

Yeah Sikky has a line of products for the ISF and I'm wondering which rear sway bar to go with too. I'm in Columbus. You?
Old 06-16-17, 09:08 AM
lexicon72
Intermediate

I'm in Cincinnati. Met some other owners at Columbus CnC at Lennox a few weeks ago. Check out Ohio Lexus Car Club for a little more activity. Also come to Dayton CnC if you can...usually about 600-700 cars.

Someone mentioned a Sikky bar breaking but I never really looked into it. As I said, the Sikky bar was close enough in price (got it from Evasive Motorsports on Black Friday) that it was worth it just in case I wanted to adjust it. The outer setting is equivalent to the F sport sway bar and I am on the middle setting which is stiffer. Inner setting is really only used if you have an aftermarket suspension setup).
Compared to OEM (again "outer" = F sport):

IS250/ISF:
Outer: 48%
Middle: 92%
Inner: 173%

IS350:
Outer: 157%
Middle: 201%
Inner: 282%
The following users liked this post:
breakeroh (06-16-17)
Old 06-16-17, 02:03 PM
breakeroh
Rookie

[QUOTE=5ltrv8;9898347]Hey guys, I'm in Columbus too! Would love to get together some time. I'm interested in getting a rear bar as well.

I don't see many ISFs around me. Rarely ever. I'd be down for a local meet. Sometimes I go out to CnC at the Lennox. I'm interested in getting this rear bar too, i"m not sure how difficult the install is yet.
Old 06-16-17, 02:04 PM
breakeroh
Rookie