IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Sikky headers new video released

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-17, 03:18 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,902 Likes on 1,342 Posts

Originally Posted by FFM
Lou, you are a great resource of knowledge of this chassis and a valued memeber. But your bias towards PPE and the witchhunt towards Sikky was noticeable from the first week I logged on to this forum.

Ease it back brother. More competition in this market the better!

I would imagine with a direct to hub dyno that the numbers may be slightly higher due to the reduction of rotational mass from the rear wheels. However, likes been stated by dyno operators, and not by salesmen, it's the delta that matters.
Not a witch hunt my friend. Just pointing out the fact that no ISF can rev past 6700 without the rev limiter kicking in and if you notice the PPE graph, the power will start fall off at 6100 RPM. I am just stating that what Sikky published can not happen. Am I a PPE fan boy, you bet I am, simply because they make, IMHO, better stuff and back it up with real numbers. Sorry if you don't approve, but I felt that I should post the facts as I see them. Competition is good. Incorrect information is not good.

For the most part, have made it my policy to stay of Sikky threads, but with the statement they made I felt that I must interject a semblance of truth. Yes, I have challenged their curves before for the very reasons stated in my post.

Now, just to show what Sikky is capable of, here is a real dyno of Sikky headers, Post #362:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...s-here-25.html

Lou

Last edited by flowrider; 06-24-17 at 03:48 PM.
Old 06-24-17, 05:04 PM
GR8WHITE
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by flowrider
For the most part, have made it my policy to stay of Sikky threads
Now THAT is funny. Everytime Sikky headers come up you start comparing dyno plots like exhibits of evidence. You don't get it. Im happy you enjoy your PPEs. Me? A year later and I am still ecstatic I went with Sikky (V2) and NOT PPE. Forget a stupid dyno chart, let's race!
Old 06-24-17, 09:11 PM
isfvss
Racer

Received 140 Likes on 111 Posts

Don't tell Lou but we went around last night and change his extractor to sikkys

Last edited by isfvss; 06-25-17 at 03:47 PM.
Old 06-27-17, 12:06 AM
blackisF08
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

has anyone dyno their sikky v2 headers on a dynojet yet?
Old 06-27-17, 07:23 AM
Joker4096
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by blackisF08
has anyone dyno their sikky v2 headers on a dynojet yet?
This is what I'm interested in also. I'm borderline thinking of purchasing a set.
Old 06-27-17, 08:13 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

^^^^Go back and look at the link I posted in post #16.

Lou
Old 06-27-17, 10:22 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 254 Likes on 176 Posts

99% of the people that have bought Sikky v2 headers have been MORE than happy with the power and gains received...some even say it 'few' stronger than the PPE headers....
IMO, butt Dyno>dynojet Dyno, lol.
As long as it's showing the 30-40whp difference and the butt Dyno is happy, I wouldn't much care if the car dyno'd 300whp or 500whp🙂

V.
Old 06-27-17, 10:46 PM
blackisF08
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Vitveet
99% of the people that have bought Sikky v2 headers have been MORE than happy with the power and gains received...some even say it 'few' stronger than the PPE headers....
IMO, butt Dyno>dynojet Dyno, lol.
As long as it's showing the 30-40whp difference and the butt Dyno is happy, I wouldn't much care if the car dyno'd 300whp or 500whp🙂

V.
if everyone would base their products on butt dynos then they would all failed. i am sure everyone is happy with headers as it increases power but to say one product is better than other without proof is bogus for sure
Old 06-27-17, 11:24 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 254 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by blackisF08
if everyone would base their products on butt dynos then they would all failed. i am sure everyone is happy with headers as it increases power but to say one product is better than other without proof is bogus for sure
I understand that and was halfway being sarcastic, lol. But basically, you and your car will spend 99.999999% of it's mileage on the road (getting butt dyno'd) and the other .0000001 percent on the Dyno....I personally know which is more important to me😊😉

V.
Old 06-28-17, 07:41 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Just a note here. I received a PM this morning from another forum sponsor this morning. I won't identify him, but he's well respected:

funny how you pointed out the 6900 rev limit on sikkys dyno numbers, those guys are so shady On a dynapack, the operator has to input the wheel speed to RPM calibration and can apply all sorts of corrections, that's why the results are hard to believe, especially when an ISF revs to 6900!i
Lou
Old 06-28-17, 10:59 AM
SikkyMFG
Former Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by flowrider
Just a note here. I received a PM this morning from another forum sponsor this morning. I won't identify him, but he's well respected:
Lou
First of all, thanks to all the Sikky fans for pointing out what we have all been thinking but not saying. Let the PPE product speak for itself Lou, your always trying to find a way to discredit the facts we post about our products which we then back up over and over again . How many Anti PPE posts have we made on this forum? ZERO! We take the high road and won't stoop to that level.

Glad to see everyone else is as sick of it as we are. Day one, it has been a witch hunt. No denying that.

Bottom line, we dyno'd sikky v2 back to back with PPE and Sikky came out on top. Not just by a little bit mind you, but a lot.

Your post about this Dynapack issue is laughable, all dyno's have the ability to change things with correction factors etc. This isn't some new secret, it's the way they all are and always have been. The beauty of the dynapack is that it has the least amount of variables that change from run to run and is hands down the best R&D dyno on the planet. Repeatably is what they are known for. What dyno reads higher or lower than another is 100% irrelevant because we don't compare one dyno to another.

Lou your post about the dyno graph gave us all a huge chuckle over here when you had the ***** to hand plot a PPE dyno graph over one of the sikky graphs we posted....REALLY! Is this real life. So, not only are we now comparing different dyno's, different scaled X and Y axis with different cars, on different times of the year and god knows what else that is different then you add in that it's hand drawn/plotted over our graph by you and think that should somehow be considered as proof something is up?!?! MIND Blown! Your getting desperate I guess. Needless to say this post was printed and pinned up around the office for some laughs.

We always harp on the fact that we are not comparing one dyno plot to another unless it's our own which is the exact same settings EVERY time. Which is what we did and always will do. Our change or increase in power is what matters. DELTA, DELTA, DELTA!

I'll gladly donate our facility to put this to bed finally. With plenty of witness's to watch and make sure nothing "shady" is going on LOL. Who on here has PPE headers now that want's to partake? We are happy to do free install and a massive deduction in price just to finally put this to bed. We are ready, volunteers please step up!!!! The volunteers car must have PPE headers currently. We will dyno first with PPE, then remove them and install our V2 Sikky headers and then put it back on the dyno same day, with same conditions and run it again with Sikky headers. We'll even document the whole thing on YouTube for everyone to witness. Hell, maybe even facebook live it so all can watch our "witchcraft" that justifies Lou's witch hunt
Old 06-28-17, 11:30 AM
Jerry_Supra
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SikkyMFG

We are happy to do free install and a massive deduction in price just to finally put this to bed.

Oh hell, sign me the hell up! I got a 2012
Old 06-28-17, 11:31 AM
GR8WHITE
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

BOOM!! Thanks for playin Lou
Old 06-28-17, 11:31 AM
Jerry_Supra
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PS. Thanks for getting me a discount, Lou!
Old 06-28-17, 11:50 AM
Joker4096
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts

I would like to see this comparison. Please add it to your Youtube series.

Quick Reply: Sikky headers new video released