FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

Nice score for anyone that lives near by
Old 06-28-17, 12:12 PM
Joker4096
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts

James should send me a set in Florida, I could do some comparisons vs stock gutted headers.
Old 06-28-17, 03:33 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 254 Likes on 176 Posts

Good stuff from Sikky, like always 🙂! Keep up the good work! Can't wait to find some tile to make this 5hr trip to see you guys and get some goodies!!

V.
Old 06-28-17, 09:00 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,933 Likes on 1,362 Posts

My last Post to this thread. I was, and have been just trying getting Sikky to tell me how they get an ISF into a rev range that it can't reach. That has never been explained, NEVER!!!

Originally Posted by SikkyMFG
Lou, your always trying to find a way to discredit the facts we post about our products which we then back up over and over again .
Nope, Just explain how you you got the ISF to rev past it's rev limit without blowing up.

How many Anti PPE posts have we made on this forum? ZERO! We take the high road and won't stoop to that level.
And PPE has never made an Anti-Sikky post either. I'm not associated with PPE, just a good customer. They have treated me well and their products produce great power. They are well respected.

We have Dynoed hundreds of ISF's over the years and have more data than anyone. Yes, we have seen great results from the tunes we have done but nothing comes close to the gains seen from the headers.
Again, those are just words that can't be substantiated IMHO, there's only one Dyno Curve that make sense and it was done by caymandive. I linked it above. here is another post from caymandive:

Originally Posted by caymandive
Just wanted to update everyone with things as I have yet to get on the dyno myself for some Independent results or hit the dragstrip and here's why. Since having my car back I've had a noise from the front driver side which reared it's ugly head occasionally on startup and when making right hand turns and I've been spending the past several weeks trying to figure out where the sound is coming from. My biggest fear was the headers on the driver side were making contact with the frame or steering linkage, but we found plenty of clearance around the frame and though clearance is tight around the steering link, we found they "tweaked" the header tube slightly at there to ensure no contact. So with having the annoying noise and not knowing what was causing it, I have not been driving the car much or pushing it hard until I got the noise sorted out. After trying to get the car back in the shop (JE Import Performance/SIKKY) sooner rather than later with little luck in being told they were booked through the end of October, I took my chances and went elsewhere for a thorough look over. Ended up spending 7 hours under the lift with an expert mechanic and found NUMEROUS problems which any or all could have contributed to the noise I had been hearing. Additionally I had been noticing an increase in exhaust odor as well, which had me baffled as I have new high quality GESI cats in my exhaust. So onto the problems found.

1. Subframe bolts found to be loose, not original and had undersized heads! Additionally we found bolts that were stripped and grinded down into points!
2. Leaking header in two places around flange
3. (4) of (8) header bolts on driver side header found to be snug rest were either stripped, not tightened or just laying in the hole.
4. We had to re-thread 3 header bolt holes as they were completely stripped out
5. Found lots of non factory black oxide allen bolts (starting to rust) which replaced several OEM bolts in and around the subframe
5. Discovered two different v band clamps used to connect my headers to my exhaust. Thought this was odd, but not a problem.
6. This one actually really ticked me off. My Borla exhaust around the x pipe was beat hard with some type of hammer! This resulted in a crack found in the exhaust which needed spot welded.
7. The new SIKKY header instructions claim an easier install, but they are probably the most difficult header you'll ever install. Reaching some of the bolts is damn near IMPOSSIBLE. My expert mechanic spent over an hour just trying to get 1 bolt in! This probably explains why several of the header bolts were found stripped, damaged or not in all the way.

Needless to say, the list goes on and on and we found that pretty much everything the shop touched they either replaced it with something inferior, lost it or damaged it. I spent a good chunk of change getting everything fixed and at this point I'm not even convinced my car is making any more power than with the previous V1 headers as I've never been given a copy of the original dyno sheets and as Lou pointed out the plotted graphs do look off. Long story short, my car is good to go now, but JE/SIKKY have lost me lost me as a customer/supporter.

Here are a few photos for you to check out. One shows the undersized and non-OEM sub frame bolts used. Another is the cracked exhaust due to smashing it with a hammer. Stripped and grinded bolts and my Borla exhaust where it was hacked and re-welded without my knowledge.
Something wrong there?????? Notice his "Long story short" comment.

Lou your post about the dyno graph gave us all a huge chuckle over here when you had the ***** to hand plot a PPE dyno graph over one of the sikky graphs we posted....REALLY! Is this real life. So, not only are we now comparing different dyno's, different scaled X and Y axis with different cars, on different times of the year and god knows what else that is different then you add in that it's hand drawn/plotted over our graph by you and think that should somehow be considered as proof something is up?!?! MIND Blown! Your getting desperate I guess. Needless to say this post was printed and pinned up around the office for some laughs.
Glad I was a good source of amusement. Overlaying curves is certainly realistic. Certainly different dynos, different cars, lots of difference. But, an ISF. The curves should bear some resemblance to each. They DON'T! I also put your curves up on a wall and threw darts at them while trying to make sense out of them. Didn't work

Your post about this Dynapack issue is laughable
Again, not my post. But a PM I received this morning from a respected sponsor on this forum with no connection to PPE. Those were his words and his feelings toward you guys.

Lou's witch hunt
You and Donald Trump

Last edited by flowrider; 06-28-17 at 09:26 PM.
Old 06-28-17, 10:42 PM
KJH
Intermediate

Received 77 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by FFM
Lou, you are a great resource of knowledge of this chassis and a valued memeber. But your bias towards PPE and the witchhunt towards Sikky was noticeable from the first week I logged on to this forum.

Ease it back brother. More competition in this market the better!

I would imagine with a direct to hub dyno that the numbers may be slightly higher due to the reduction of rotational mass from the rear wheels. However, likes been stated by dyno operators, and not by salesmen, it's the delta that matters.
This, I believe, is the truth.

Originally Posted by flowrider
Just a note here. I received a PM this morning from another forum sponsor this morning. I won't identify him, but he's well respected:

Lou
How unprofessional, Lou. Other than severely disgruntled customers, I've never seen someone so biased against a manufacturer in my entire internet life. I am surprised, and dismayed, that you are allowed to get away with such conduct on CL. To include a quote from another sponsor who, obviously, wants to remain anonymous is just plain wrong, IMO. If they believe whatever it is they believe, they should have the courage to participate in this thread in an open and fair-minded manner and not use an agent (Flowrider) and anonymous quotes to degrade the product of a competitor.

I am quite used to such internet back and forth but, on Supraforums, we settled such differences of opinion with side by side testing of the products in question, turbos, exhausts, intake manifolds, exhaust manifolds and fluids. I know because I personally conducted the tests for exhausts (twice) and intake manifolds and contributed financially to the conducting of the Great V160 (Supra 6MT) Fluid Test. You (Lou) consider yourself an expert when it comes to IS-F dyno graphs and if someone's graph doesn't meet with your approval of what a "legitimate" IS-F dyno graph should look like, you call BS.

This, to me, shows there is a lot about dynoing cars you do not know. I have dyno graphs of one of my Supras generated on the same day, using the same fuel and in the same ambient conditions and, if I showed them to you, you would swear they came from from two different cars. My suggestion to you, or someone else, is to test the Sikky and PPE products side by side, publish the results and let the games begin. Until then, I believe it would be in everyone's best interest for you to swear off any Sikky-related threads until your input can be considered unbiased, objective and backed up by controlled test results.

Ken.
Old 06-28-17, 11:36 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Originally Posted by KJH
This, I believe, is the truth.

How unprofessional, Lou. Other than severely disgruntled customers, I've never seen someone so biased against a manufacturer in my entire internet life. I am surprised, and dismayed, that you are allowed to get away with such conduct on CL. To include a quote from another sponsor who, obviously, wants to remain anonymous is just plain wrong, IMO. If they believe whatever it is they believe, they should have the courage to participate in this thread in an open and fair-minded manner and not use an agent (Flowrider) and anonymous quotes to degrade the product of a competitor.

I am quite used to such internet back and forth but, on Supraforums, we settled such differences of opinion with side by side testing of the products in question, turbos, exhausts, intake manifolds, exhaust manifolds and fluids. I know because I personally conducted the tests for exhausts (twice) and intake manifolds and contributed financially to the conducting of the Great V160 (Supra 6MT) Fluid Test. You (Lou) consider yourself an expert when it comes to IS-F dyno graphs and if someone's graph doesn't meet with your approval of what a "legitimate" IS-F dyno graph should look like, you call BS.

This, to me, shows there is a lot about dynoing cars you do not know. I have dyno graphs of one of my Supras generated on the same day, using the same fuel and in the same ambient conditions and, if I showed them to you, you would swear they came from from two different cars. My suggestion to you, or someone else, is to test the Sikky and PPE products side by side, publish the results and let the games begin. Until then, I believe it would be in everyone's best interest for you to swear off any Sikky-related threads until your input can be considered unbiased, objective and backed up by controlled test results.

Ken.
+1.
Surprised moderators are allowing these attacks on a paid vender's thread. Sikky will do a free heads up comparison with ppe headers....what more could you ask for?! And even if one is 2-5 who more than the other, not a huge difference at all....I'm sure both are good choices. Not sure what Flowrider is trying to accomplish???

V.
Old 06-29-17, 05:02 AM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I have tested the Sikky and PPE headers side by side and I will never touch another set of Sikky headers again.
I have to agree with Caymandiver and Lou here. I can completely relate to the experience that Caymandiver and his mechanic had.
I had a horrible time installing a set of Sikky headers for a customer. It included removing the exhaust heat shield, denting a section frame rail, grinding motor mount brackets, bending the Borla exhaust to get the flanges remotely close. I also had to deal with the painful task of trying to get all of the head to manifold bolts tight with little space to fit a tool.
This was all after having had the chance to look at the made in China, eBay quality of the headers themselves.
In the end the headers still rubbed, leaked exhaust from the exhaust pipe flanges (even after trying OEM gaskets, Felpro gaskets, double gaskets, copper spray and copper RTV)

Once the car was completed we went to the Dyno with both my PPE equipped car and the Sikky equipped car (both with the same intake and exhaust) and my car made a little more power. The power difference was minor but my car is also turning 11" wheels with 305 PSS tires so maybe I would have even done a tiny bit better on stock wheels. Regardless of the Dyno results which are negligible the point here is that the headers themselves were so awful that I felt bad for my customer and have not touch another set since.

I would like to give Sikky the benefit of the doubt by saying that maybe there new version of the headers may be better then the set I installed 4 years ago but after reading Caymandiver's experience that doesn't appear to be the case.

I have continued to install PPE headers ever since with no complaints of any kind. I've even installed there IS350 AWD version with great result.

And I will say that I apologize because I'm not typical one to get on a forum and write negatively about a vendor or product but my experience is factual and I am confused about how this product can be at the same price point or compared evenly to the PPE headers.

Last edited by RCB; 06-29-17 at 05:06 AM.
Old 06-29-17, 05:33 AM
FFM
Racer

Originally Posted by RCB
I am confused about how this product can be at the same price point or compared evenly to the PPE headers.
Because it's not the same product that you are voicing your complaint about. This is a redesign, with larger primaries. Regardless, it's a set of unequal length headers which only seems appropriate to compare to the only other product available

Originally Posted by Vitveet
+1.
Surprised moderators are allowing these attacks on a paid vender's thread.
Pretty common actually. TTFS, which is also a sponsor here, had to fight on the M forums for a long time because of the bias towards other big brand name vendors. Was pretty sad.
Old 06-29-17, 07:27 AM
Vitveet
Racer

Originally Posted by RCB
I have tested the Sikky and PPE headers side by side and I will never touch another set of Sikky headers again.
I have to agree with Caymandiver and Lou here. I can completely relate to the experience that Caymandiver and his mechanic had.
I had a horrible time installing a set of Sikky headers for a customer. It included removing the exhaust heat shield, denting a section frame rail, grinding motor mount brackets, bending the Borla exhaust to get the flanges remotely close. I also had to deal with the painful task of trying to get all of the head to manifold bolts tight with little space to fit a tool.
This was all after having had the chance to look at the made in China, eBay quality of the headers themselves.
In the end the headers still rubbed, leaked exhaust from the exhaust pipe flanges (even after trying OEM gaskets, Felpro gaskets, double gaskets, copper spray and copper RTV)

Once the car was completed we went to the Dyno with both my PPE equipped car and the Sikky equipped car (both with the same intake and exhaust) and my car made a little more power. The power difference was minor but my car is also turning 11" wheels with 305 PSS tires so maybe I would have even done a tiny bit better on stock wheels. Regardless of the Dyno results which are negligible the point here is that the headers themselves were so awful that I felt bad for my customer and have not touch another set since.

I would like to give Sikky the benefit of the doubt by saying that maybe there new version of the headers may be better then the set I installed 4 years ago but after reading Caymandiver's experience that doesn't appear to be the case.

I have continued to install PPE headers ever since with no complaints of any kind. I've even installed there IS350 AWD version with great result.

And I will say that I apologize because I'm not typical one to get on a forum and write negatively about a vendor or product but my experience is factual and I am confused about how this product can be at the same price point or compared evenly to the PPE headers.
All that was true with their first run from what I hear....but the new version installs easier (supposedly) than PPE headers! The video is out there...Tons of people have used it to aid with their installs, etc. Things def improve (or at least should) 4-5 years later....hell, I'd hope that PPE has made some improvements to their headers from the version that was out 4-5 years ago!

V.
Old 06-29-17, 07:29 AM
FFM
Racer

They did, they made them equal length and doubled the price
Old 07-02-17, 11:24 AM
jaysneeze
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love the video and the amount of research you guys are doing to keep everything consistent. That is the most important part in showing the quality of your products. Not by just trying to get the biggest numbers on the maps. Very impressed and this item will be added to my list of next parts.
Old 07-06-17, 01:54 PM
Dv8tion388
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No these numbers are pretty average for a Dynapack Dyno. We have Dynoed hundreds of ISF's over the years and have more data than anyone. High or low it doesn't matter. It's all about the delta (change in power). One of these days I'm hoping people finally stop trying to compare one dyno to another. You simply can't do that with any accuracy. These peaks and valleys are normal also. Every single ISF has them in the exact same spots. Your probably used to looking at dyno jet graphs with the scale stretched out. We could easily make the peaks and valleys look less noticeable by changing the graph scale and x y values. But that's pointless. Yes, we have seen great results from the tunes we have done but nothing comes close to the gains seen from the headers.

Speaking of average, the trap speed is very average, those numbers dont lie.I praise you for the work youve done, now how about Sikky gets into less charted waters instead of what many of us already did back in 2011. If not with a RR Racing then something else please, because after IHE it all starts and ends with a tuning solution.

~Dv8
Old 01-03-18, 11:56 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 405 Likes on 256 Posts

Curious did anybody ever take Sikky's challenge to test their V2 headers to the PPE headers at their shop?? Sounded like a pretty good opportunity to get a major discount on their headers?

This died after 7/6 .......^^^^^....
Old 01-04-18, 05:48 AM
Vitveet
Racer

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
Curious did anybody ever take Sikky's challenge to test their V2 headers to the PPE headers at their shop?? Sounded like a pretty good opportunity to get a major discount on their headers?

This died after 7/6 .......^^^^^....

I haven't heard of anything either.
I am scheduled to have my v2 headers installed next week if the weather holds up in Maryland (coming from NC). I will update all post with my experience with them, including, but not limited to:
*Customer service
*Install time
*Install pricing
*Performance of the headers

Just so others know my experience. I'll do a review shortly after install then do another 4-6 months from now.
​​​​​​
V.
The following users liked this post:
MileHIFcar (01-04-18)
Old 01-04-18, 11:10 AM
sc3dreamin
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Im not much of a dyno number guy, more of a real world 1/4 mile slip guy so 12.78 @111 mph to 12.4@115 roughly is a pretty significant change at the drag strip.

An old rule of thumb is it took 10hp to drop .1 off the 1/4 mile time so id say its pretty fair to say the car picked up about 40 hp with the headers.

Obv. other variables such as DA and 60 foot come into play, Sikky, any idea the DA on the baseline vs the after runs ?

I can look them up if you give me date and time of runs

Quick Reply: Sikky headers new video released