IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

A Quick Remark on the F Community

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-17, 11:03 AM
Fadeaway
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool A Quick Remark on the F Community

I've owned my ISF for a little over 6 months, but one thing I've noticed driving my ISF around in the DFW area: other F owners are really nice, really friendly folks. Every time I've passed by a fellow F owner (whether that's another ISF, a GSF, or an RCF), there's always some sort of quick acknowledgement made. It could be a wave or a thumbs-up, but the community seems to like to give each other props and acknowledge each others cars, which to me is pretty great.

Just a small observation. In my time owning my 335, I don't I've ever had an interaction with another 335 owner other than a Dinan 335 that wanted to race haha. I say keep up the friendliness! It's a nice reflection on the ownership community...hoping to meet some of y'all in the coming months at meetups, cars & coffee, etc.
The following users liked this post:
nicklausw (06-26-17)
Old 06-26-17, 12:11 PM
mahcah
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts

I would agree with you. Most ISF owners are cool. In my experience, however, there are a few who are not. There is one here in Houston who has the internet warring against him for being a psycho scammer.

Welcome
Old 06-26-17, 12:38 PM
Weapon F

Received 250 Likes on 136 Posts

I have to agree with you I'm, 53yrs old I've owned old school muscle, euro, new muscle, JDM and by far the friendliest most helpful, knowledgeable and just all around cool group of guys have been F owners, ISF, RCF and GSF guys. I think the fact that there are so few of us there tends to be more of camaraderie between the 3 models. I say between all 3 models there are less than 12k in U.S.

Last edited by Weapon F; 06-26-17 at 01:28 PM.
Old 06-26-17, 10:02 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,018 Likes on 2,434 Posts

Originally Posted by Weapon F
I have to agree with you I'm, 53yrs old I've owned old school muscle, euro, new muscle, JDM and by far the friendliest most helpful, knowledgeable and just all around cool group of guys have been F owners, ISF, RCF and GSF guys. I think the fact that there are so few of us there tends to be more of camaraderie between the 3 models. I say between all 3 models there are less than 12k in U.S.
Well, really there are four. IS F, LFA, RC F, and GS F in that order. But the LFA crowd isn't your typical F owner. Some of us actually have more than one F car too.

I agree, generally speaking people who are F owners are pretty approachable, and like to talk about their cars. The Atlanta F crew is a lot of fun no matter how you slice it.
Old 06-27-17, 12:11 AM
blackisF08
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

i feel the same way, every owner of a lexus is friendly regardless of being an is250, is300, is350, isf, rcf, gsf or what mods they have done to their cars. it is a great community for sure. i also think that all of us are very humble compared to bmw, audi or mercedes benz owners just my .02 cents lol
Old 06-27-17, 04:54 AM
Lets Drive
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I think a certain type of buyer goes after the F cars (as opposed to the more popular competition), so you generally get a better sense of comradery.

I'll say a lot of Miata/rotary car owners were like this, too, from my Mazda days.
Old 06-27-17, 01:45 PM
mr2dave
Intermediate

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Fadeaway
I've owned my ISF for a little over 6 months, but one thing I've noticed driving my ISF around in the DFW area: other F owners are really nice, really friendly folks. Every time I've passed by a fellow F owner (whether that's another ISF, a GSF, or an RCF), there's always some sort of quick acknowledgement made. It could be a wave or a thumbs-up, but the community seems to like to give each other props and acknowledge each others cars, which to me is pretty great.

Just a small observation. In my time owning my 335, I don't I've ever had an interaction with another 335 owner other than a Dinan 335 that wanted to race haha. I say keep up the friendliness! It's a nice reflection on the ownership community...hoping to meet some of y'all in the coming months at meetups, cars & coffee, etc.
Solid observation along with what someone else said about the JDM group.
Old 06-27-17, 01:50 PM
djyoshi626
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I saw one a month ago (White ISF) on the freeway and the driver stayed wayyyy behind me. I wanted to say hi
Old 06-27-17, 02:22 PM
cvt
Racer

Received 547 Likes on 363 Posts

I don't have any direct experience with any F owner but the times i saw an RCF or ISF on the streets (which is extremely RARE as most people in Westlake love the German Trifecta ie, BMWs, Audis, Benz) I always got a thumbs up or a wave.

On the flip side, I've had 2 M3s rev at me in the past few months which goes to show there is some "love" from the German owners too.
Old 06-27-17, 05:03 PM
wmjeffreyw
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree 100%, just wait until you start interacting with some of the aftermarket venders. Paul with PPE and Rafi with RR Racing are really helpful and knowledgeable guys. They provide top quality products and provide amazing customer support.
Old 06-27-17, 05:33 PM
isfvss
Racer

Received 145 Likes on 115 Posts

Same in OZ if you see any I always talk to them and they are quite shocked that a F enthusiast is interested in a ISxxx or a RC 350, but I still have not seen one ISF on the road, sore a RCF parked in little old Moruya but I couldn't stop, bummer Great community CL.
Old 06-28-17, 08:22 AM
Fadeaway
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cvt
I don't have any direct experience with any F owner but the times i saw an RCF or ISF on the streets (which is extremely RARE as most people in Westlake love the German Trifecta ie, BMWs, Audis, Benz) I always got a thumbs up or a wave.

On the flip side, I've had 2 M3s rev at me in the past few months which goes to show there is some "love" from the German owners too.
Haha, I work in Westlake. Back in early 2016, there was a black ISF I'd see regularly on 114. But you're right, unless it's an RX/GX/LX, the Westlake/Southlake community definitely prefers German cars.

Not tryna talk ish about BMW, I loved my 335 when it wasn't in the shop...in fact, I'd say the steering and chassis were better on the 3 than they are on my ISF. But the complete package + that 5.0 + the unflappable reliability of the ISF have kept me in love. The ISF is wife material, just someone you fall more and more in love with, the more you spend time with her. The 335 was a fun, high-maintenance girlfriend who spends her time either driving you insane or making you smile/laugh.

Gimme the F any day of the week.
Old 06-28-17, 01:11 PM
jdmSW20
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Yeah I have to agree the F owners usually are very cool group of people, I got to see first hand at the F meet in SD last year. When I owned an M3 it was definitely a "different" kind of group to say the least. They war about which models were better but would turn into the super friends if say a 335i owner started talking about it being better lol. But some were cool guys.

The F community is definitely more chill
Old 06-28-17, 02:53 PM
Jerry_Supra
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, I'm in the DFW area. I've owned my car since Sept 2016 and have only come across two real IS-Fs and one fake one this morning. One was blue with a lot of aftermarket bodywork and the other one was black and refused to race. The faker from this morning was a white 3rd gen that he replaced with IS-F emblems.
Old 06-28-17, 04:01 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

What F community? Lolz