IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Need Advice - Carwash Employee damaged my wheels

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-17, 10:44 AM
semnosNSX
Advanced

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Helo58
You do understand the irony of your post right? You in no way contributed to his plight, instead made sport of him wasting your own time making you guilty of your own "A." You admitted to "B" and you didn't offer to send him YOUR own hard earned $80 making you guilty of your "C." He simply sounds like a principled individual who knows the value of 80 dollars. Why don't you shoot the 80 bucks to him. Seems a fair price to pay for all of your laughter right?
I apologize if I offended you or the OP. However, I did contributed to his plight in both of my post. If you go back and read, you will see that I said…
“…I would not spend too much time trying to get compensated.”
“Just take it to a quality wheel repair shop and get it fixed”
“Unless your time is worth a whole lot less than $80, don't spend countless hours trying to get the shop to pay for it. Just take care of it and write it off as a life lesson”
“…the more time you spend on this, the more they win and you lose.”
“…you definitely don't need an attorney to file paperwork to take someone to small claims court.”

Now you tell me how did I not contribute to his plight? I think this advice was much better than you trying to provide legal advice on gross negligence when you are not a lawyer (yes, you stated that you were not a Lawyer so why try to give legal advice?)

Also, this isn’t about me… A) He isn’t wasting my time – I’m voluntarily contributing to a public forum just like you and everyone else on here. B) Yes, I’m supporting the OP if his reasoning is because he is hard headed or stubborn C) Did I offer to send the OP $80? Or did I just make a statement that $80 must be a lot of money to the OP?

And yes, I do find this funny because he hired a ~$150 per hour attorney to fight for $80 in damages. IF he ends up losing the case, not only will he have to pay to repair his own wheel, he will then have to spend 3-4 times that amount on legal fees. And if he does win, do you really think that the business is going to care? No, they are going to say, whatever, pay the guy his money and let’s wash 4 more cars to make our money back.

If the OP made a post that said the carwash rammed his car into the side of a building causing major damage and they are refusing to take responsibility, then my advice would be to do exactly what he is doing.
Old 07-26-17, 11:15 AM
F_Throttle
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Its the principle.. I hope OP wins.
Old 07-26-17, 12:12 PM
Helo58
Pole Position

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by semnosNSX
I apologize if I offended you or the OP. However, I did contributed to his plight in both of my post. If you go back and read, you will see that I said…
“…I would not spend too much time trying to get compensated.”
“Just take it to a quality wheel repair shop and get it fixed”
“Unless your time is worth a whole lot less than $80, don't spend countless hours trying to get the shop to pay for it. Just take care of it and write it off as a life lesson”
“…the more time you spend on this, the more they win and you lose.”
“…you definitely don't need an attorney to file paperwork to take someone to small claims court.”

Now you tell me how did I not contribute to his plight? I think this advice was much better than you trying to provide legal advice on gross negligence when you are not a lawyer (yes, you stated that you were not a Lawyer so why try to give legal advice?)

Also, this isn’t about me… A) He isn’t wasting my time – I’m voluntarily contributing to a public forum just like you and everyone else on here. B) Yes, I’m supporting the OP if his reasoning is because he is hard headed or stubborn C) Did I offer to send the OP $80? Or did I just make a statement that $80 must be a lot of money to the OP?

And yes, I do find this funny because he hired a ~$150 per hour attorney to fight for $80 in damages. IF he ends up losing the case, not only will he have to pay to repair his own wheel, he will then have to spend 3-4 times that amount on legal fees. And if he does win, do you really think that the business is going to care? No, they are going to say, whatever, pay the guy his money and let’s wash 4 more cars to make our money back.

If the OP made a post that said the carwash rammed his car into the side of a building causing major damage and they are refusing to take responsibility, then my advice would be to do exactly what he is doing.
If you think that telling someone to roll over and take the burden for someone else's negligence is contributing or helping, then don't ever "help" me. I am glad the OP is standing on principle and not rolling over as you suggest. Good luck resolving this to your satisfaction OP!
Old 07-26-17, 12:46 PM
eddyisf
Driver

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

My honest opinion is that it was the ops fault for taking his Lexus isf that has aftermarket wheels to a ****ty car wash..... I hope the op learns from this horrible experience and hand washes his car from now on
The following users liked this post:
chrisp1 (07-26-17)
Old 07-26-17, 04:19 PM
chrisp1
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Moral of the story don't put your car through a car wash if you're worried about any type of damage. everybody knows that a car wash can and probably will scratch and or damage your vehicle. Owners fault for putting his car through there. Suck it up and pay the $80 to have your wheels fixed dude . Reminds me of how everybody tries to sue everybody over the dumbest little things nowadays
Joker4096 (07-31-17)
Old 07-26-17, 05:14 PM
cjblair
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Not a chance would I let some shmuck who works at a car wash drive my car, let alone drive it through some steel tracks where being 2 inches off is going to scratch my wheels. I'm all about standing up for what's right, but I really couldn't be bothered for this one. It would cost me far too much in lost time, which I don't have a ton of, to make this one really worthwhile - especially for the extremely low cost of just getting the rim(s) fixed. OP is not going to teach the car wash a lesson by fighting over this, and it's simply a waste of everyone's time to go through small claims for something that could be remedied so easily.

All the people that say "hand wash or nothing!" clearly have too much spare time. Get a grip, some people have more important things to do.

Lastly, it usually doesn't cost anything to get a 30 min consultation with a lawyer. They only start billing you once you actually hire them.
Old 07-31-17, 02:49 AM
Richy21
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Any update?
Old 07-31-17, 10:54 AM
mk416
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by cjblair
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Not a chance would I let some shmuck who works at a car wash drive my car, let alone drive it through some steel tracks where being 2 inches off is going to scratch my wheels. I'm all about standing up for what's right, but I really couldn't be bothered for this one. It would cost me far too much in lost time, which I don't have a ton of, to make this one really worthwhile - especially for the extremely low cost of just getting the rim(s) fixed. OP is not going to teach the car wash a lesson by fighting over this, and it's simply a waste of everyone's time to go through small claims for something that could be remedied so easily.

All the people that say "hand wash or nothing!" clearly have too much spare time. Get a grip, some people have more important things to do.

Lastly, it usually doesn't cost anything to get a 30 min consultation with a lawyer. They only start billing you once you actually hire them.
When you sign the engagement letter for billing. The "hiring" part applies to attorney/client privilege clause for when the attorney has clearly and specifically indicated that on records.
Old 07-31-17, 11:14 AM
JDMV8
Instructor

Received 192 Likes on 107 Posts

I haven't seen another F with sa60m...nice!
The problem with repairing them is matching the paint: they are dark midnight purple with flakes.
I'm surprised you went into an automatic car wash, especially with aftermarket wheels.
Hope you get it straightened out.

Old 07-31-17, 11:41 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 695 Likes on 611 Posts

Sorry to hear.. Painful in my opinion.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 08-02-17, 01:34 PM
sleepyray
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have no mean to start any argument with my fellow IS-F owners here; my overall experience on CL has been positive and had definitely received many useful advices since the I joined. I definitely realized now there are some arrogant, and 'I assume I know it all' people here. Please allow me tactfully respond to some of yours 'advice' prior to me posting an update.

Originally Posted by jum3
Its the principle.. I hope OP wins.
That's exactly my point brother! As a consumer, a grown man, I do not take BS business practice like this. Isn't this what make America America? We simply don't back up and being bully around by those 'all about making money' business.

Originally Posted by eddyisf
My honest opinion is that it was the ops fault for taking his Lexus isf that has aftermarket wheels to a ****ty car wash..... I hope the op learns from this horrible experience and hand washes his car from now on
My honest opinion for you is that you keep your ****ty advice to yourself eddyisf; I stated that in the first post that you can save those carwash advice to yourself. I do have a question for you tho: how do you know the carwash is ****ty? have you been there? or are you assuming all the automatic carwash is ****ty? What if I told you this carwash is always busy, and I see high end car there all the time, especially weekend?
Second, aftermarket or not, IS-F or not, you are missing the point here. Who cares I drive a $3,000 dollars beat up car, it is the principle that they are doing the business the wrong way. They done me, the customer wrong and refused to take any responsible of their employee's negligence action.
This is my 8th car in 10 years, I honestly don't need your literature on 'you should wash your car by hands'. our car is unique and it's in a some what high-end class, but sadly it's not a LFA that required everything need to be done by hands. The point here is no matter how much the car cost, I expected the paint will eventually slowly get damage over time by using automatic car wash. But I am not expecting their employee will caused damage on my car due to their negligence action and the business refuse to take any responsibility.

Originally Posted by chrisp1
Moral of the story don't put your car through a car wash if you're worried about any type of damage. everybody knows that a car wash can and probably will scratch and or damage your vehicle. Owners fault for putting his car through there. Suck it up and pay the $80 to have your wheels fixed dude . Reminds me of how everybody tries to sue everybody over the dumbest little things nowadays
Chrisp1, you are like one of those kids back in high school who like to act like a troll and try to pick a fight with everyone else, ain't you? You need to keep those 'everybody knows' comment to yourself, just like eddyisf. I stated I have been there a few times and I never experienced any problem with them until now.
You do understand this can happened to anyone right? I hope you have the time, skills, and ability to work on your ISF all by yourself, oil change, maintenance, new tires changes, etc. Imagine this: You take your car a auto shop for a set of new tires; you paid for the tires and the labor and next thing you know, the tires shop employee messed up your wheels, and the business refused to pay for the damage.
How about this: you going to a steak house (or a Japanese restaurant) and chose to have a medium cooked steak (or raw fish), now the best part is the menu does stated 'consume raw food at your own risks'; but you got food poisoned due to the chef or employee wrongfully prepare the food (i.e. spoiled food, cross contamination food, or unsanitized food wares, dirty kitchen, etc); what you going to do with your medical bill?
Let it sinks in for a minute and go troll somewhere else.

Originally Posted by cjblair

Cjblair, are you serious bro? Play stupid games, win stupid prizes? are you for real? How am I getting a automatic carwash equal to playing a stupid game?
You are all about standing up for what's right? But you have no time for it? Don't it sound contradicting to you? Business can get away with almost everything is because there are many customer like you think like this, my time is not worth this and that, so I just going to take the B.S.
you don't have much time to waste? and guess why I use the carwash instead of hand wash? Because, I didn't have much time on that day to do a car wash; and I decided to go with the same carwash I have been going to in the past. Plus, I am getting ready for a deployment, all my carwash stuffs are packed away in a storage.

I can't say I care much about the first part of your comment, but I agree with the second part of your comment.

Originally Posted by semnosNSX
LOL!!! I can not believe that you contacted an attorney over this. I get it, it sucks! but it's an $80 fix! I know you said its not about the money, but the more time you spend on this, the more they win and you lose. I truly can't wrap my head around this... you have to either A) be retired or unemployed with nothing but time to waste every day, or B) Hard headed / stubborn (I can relate to this one) or C) make so little money that $80 will completely break the bank.

Not trying to be a jerk, but this is hilarious!

Oh, and FYI... you definitely don't need an attorney to file paperwork to take someone to small claims court.
SemnosNSX not trying to be a jerk, but acts like a complete jerk. It's like saying 'all due respect', but shows no respect at all. Now that's hilarious.
A. How about I give you $80 bucks, and you find me someone who can completely match the wheel's color? But again and again, just like I told the others, it has nothing to do with money.
B. You know absolutely nothing about me, or who I am. All your assumption about me is dead wrong. I can tell you a little something about me, I am a active duty Marine who has a very unique and specific job that require me to be focus, cold headed, logical, fair and just. I also happens to make more than $80 bucks a day.
C. As a lawful consumer, I am refusing to accept unlawful business practice and being taken advantage on. You want to be like a sheep and let the business walk over you? good for you. At least I am glad that you find my thread hilarious, which I don't see why.

Originally Posted by JDMV8
I haven't seen another F with sa60m...nice!
The problem with repairing them is matching the paint: they are dark midnight purple with flakes.
I'm surprised you went into an automatic car wash, especially with aftermarket wheels.
Hope you get it straightened out.
Hey JDMV8 bro! yea man! I have the SA60M since March of 2014 and had tons of compliment on my set up. However, I gotta say it looks much better on your USB!!

Last edited by sleepyray; 08-02-17 at 02:51 PM.
YeShrug (03-29-19)
Old 08-02-17, 02:04 PM
sleepyray
Lead Lap

Default Update : 2 Aug 2017

Update:
I tried to contacted the owner several times, it is obviously that both the owner and the general manager are avoiding to communicate with me. They have their secretary to tell me that they are not responsible for the damage on my after market wheel. For that being said, I am now proceeding with legal action to sue the business. My legal assistance attorney has completed the legal notification endorsement and has mailed it to the business.
I tried to start the legal action by submitting the forms at small claim court yesterday. The court date will be scheduled within 30 days upon the forms being submitted. Since I am deploying within 3 weeks, the clerk told me that I have every right wait till I come back next year and then begin the law suit. And that is what I am planning to do.

In addition, I returned to the carwash and ask for the video footage of the incident (without reveal the fact that I am going to suit them) and found out that somehow all the video footage of that weekend was 'damaged' and 'wiped' from their hard drive due to 'hardware malfunction. What a consequence. Well, luckily I have a gentleman who is willing to be my witness.

So why am I wasting my time and effort doing this?

It is because there are many business are taking full advantage of their customer these day. All about profit making while providing no customer protection or customer service at all. Sadly it is even more so near any major military installation. They prey on many young inexperience Marines knowledge and their busy life style to make money and take fully advantage of them. For example, some dealership near the base will allow a 17-19 years old military members drive away a brand new sport car with outrageous APR; or offering them with a unlawful term of payment plan.
I am doing this because that is no way that I will allow myself to be taken advantage on, as a man.
Furthermore, I am hoping to bring awareness to others so more people can aware of this kind of unlawful business practice and know about their own right, as a consumer.
Attached Thumbnails Need Advice - Carwash Employee damaged my wheels-img_0908.jpg  
Old 08-02-17, 02:15 PM
Helo58
Pole Position

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by sleepyray
Update:
I tried to contacted the owner several times, it is obviously that both the owner and the general manager are avoiding to communicate with me. They have their secretary to tell me that they are not responsible for the damage on my after market wheel. For that being said, I am now proceeding with legal action to sue the business. My legal assistance attorney has completed the legal notification endorsement and has mailed it to the business.
I tried to start the legal action by submitting the forms at small claim court yesterday. The court date will be scheduled within 30 days upon the forms being submitted. Since I am deploying within 3 weeks, the clerk told me that I have every right wait till I come back next year and then begin the law suit. And that is what I am planning to do.

In addition, I returned to the carwash and ask for the video footage of the incident (without reveal the fact that I am going to suit them) and found out that somehow all the video footage of that weekend was 'damaged' and 'wiped' from their hard drive due to 'hardware malfunction. What a consequence. Well, luckily I have a gentleman who is willing to be my witness.

So why am I wasting my time and effort doing this?

It is because there are many business are taking full advantage of their customer these day. All about profit making while providing no customer protection or customer service at all. Sadly it is even more so near any major military installation. They prey on many young inexperience Marines knowledge and their busy life style to make money and take fully advantage of them. For example, some dealership near the base will allow a 17-19 years old military members drive away a brand new sport car with outrageous APR; or offering them with a unlawful term of payment plan.
I am doing this because that is no way that I will allow myself to be taken advantage on, as a man.
Furthermore, I am hoping to bring awareness to others so more people can aware of this kind of unlawful business practice and know about their own right, as a consumer.
Love it! One of the perks of being military is the JAG legal assistance. Good luck in your deployment and with dealing with the car wash.
sleepyray (08-02-17)
Old 08-02-17, 02:44 PM
sleepyray
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Helo58
Love it! One of the perks of being military is the JAG legal assistance. Good luck in your deployment and with dealing with the car wash.
Thanks bro! yea, the Captain was extremely professional and helpful. He also stated the fact that most customers have no idea about their consumer rights and choose to walk away simply because of those 'signs/agreement'. That is exactly how those business ripped of the general sheep population and makes profit out of them.
Old 08-02-17, 05:10 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 254 Likes on 176 Posts

First off, THANKS for your service to this country!! I have many friends, family and tons of customers in different branches of the military and I always let them know ow we appreciate all the work they do!
As a business owner, I always cut slack on military serviceman as well, along with going the extra mile to take care of them! Doesn't seem like this carwash is doing the same.
Question, besides bringing light to the situation, etc that you said you wanted to achieve, what are you looking for from the car wash? To pay for another wheel? To paint to have it repainted? Or what exactly?
Mistakes can happen as you're right, they should cover for it. If the carwash is as busy and money rolling in as you say it is for them, why are they fighting a few hundred bucks???? If it were me, I'd pay you out to end the ordeal so everyone can move on. Not like it'll cost them thousands of $$$. Employee would be held responsible.
But I can see the argument of some of the clublexus members as well. A lot of time and effort being put into such a small matter. No, it wasn't ok for the to scratch your wheel, we all get that. I would have fought it hard then and there, and maybe when the manager got back from vacation, then if he refused, wash my hands clean with them and their business. But the route you're taking, I'm sure you'll, unfortunately, come out in the negative after all fees, gas, effort, etc etc. If you aren't careful, you'll have $500-$1000 (if not more depending on how much your time is worth) in trying to get a solution when maybe a few hundred dollar paint job on the wheel would take care of it.
I do understand they are difficult to paint match and that plays a roll.
Last thing I'll say, they employee was definitely careless and honestly should not have even taken your car thru at all. On my IS300 back in the day, I had 19" wheels and tires on that were pretty wide. I tried going thru an Auto Bell and they politely told me "sorry sir, your wheel are too nice and maybe too wide to fit and MAY be scratched" and they sent me on my way. I couldn't even be mad at that.
Had another play refuse to take my car because it was too low... again, couldn't be mad. They were protecting me ( the customer) along with protecting themselves. Clearly the employee that hopped in your car didn't care about either.
Tough situation, hope you get it straightened out!

V.

Quick Reply: Need Advice - Carwash Employee damaged my wheels