IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

ISF... with 333,000 miles

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-17, 11:08 AM
F_Throttle
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Damnit.. i locked my Driver account.. Someone log in and post the maintenance records.
Old 07-25-17, 11:46 AM
Quadrphnia
Advanced

Received 135 Likes on 89 Posts

I had to see this one. Records attached. Looks like all the usual suspects... valley plate, water pump, squeaky brakes...
This guy is just like me when it comes to alignments - never satisfied. I like him.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
333K ISF.pdf (177.3 KB, 1673 views)
Old 07-25-17, 12:23 PM
mahcah
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts

Wow did someone buy this car already? Not even a day since time of listing.
Old 07-25-17, 12:46 PM
tas02
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Great to see how well this f's held up. Although, not really that surprising given the car's excellent maintenance history.

I recall looking at a beautiful 5 yr. old base model Tacoma with 175k for sale by the side of the road. Toyota even does their cheap stuff well.
Old 07-25-17, 12:53 PM
PatrickISF
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I didn't see anything related to a transmission service in these records. Still impressive!
Old 07-26-17, 07:12 PM
KraziAzn
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Wow! This is exactly why I choose an ISF over the C63 or M3! Reliability!
Old 07-26-17, 08:26 PM
WillAP1
Intermediate

Received 115 Likes on 77 Posts

Very tempting. If I were close I would definitely go check it out.

Originally Posted by ttsport15
whats the price on those trannies if they go boom? I mean where the big money into these cars if something were to let go?
I'm interested in buying a high mileage ISF and was wondering the same. After some quick research (so I could be wrong) it looks like the engine is where the biggest money is. Cheapest ones I saw were ~$6k on eBay... in comparison the transmissions were around ~$1k. Guessing they will go down in price though as they are still using both the engine and the transmission in newer cars.
Old 07-26-17, 09:55 PM
ttsport15
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by WillAP1
Very tempting. If I were close I would definitely go check it out.

I'm interested in buying a high mileage ISF and was wondering the same. After some quick research (so I could be wrong) it looks like the engine is where the biggest money is. Cheapest ones I saw were ~$6k on eBay... in comparison the transmissions were around ~$1k. Guessing they will go down in price though as they are still using both the engine and the transmission in newer cars.
6 k what inside these? are they all forged ?thats right around the price for a 4.6 03/04 svt cobra engine...
Old 07-26-17, 10:23 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 405 Likes on 256 Posts

I'm going to venture out and say this is the highest mileage ISF that this forum knows of??!!......... Impressive!
Old 07-27-17, 01:32 AM
gc86
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So.. who is gonna snag this "experienced" F?
Old 07-27-17, 07:03 AM
UCrazyKid
Lexus Test Driver

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by ttsport15
6 k what inside these? are they all forged ?thats right around the price for a 4.6 03/04 svt cobra engine...
Yes, some forged parts, titanium valves, oilers for the back of the pistons, tighter tolerances than all other toyota/lexus motors (except LFA and other F engines). And the head was designed and built by Yamaha and not used in anyother car. The RCF uses a different head and has other significant differences. When I had my motor rebuilt from the ground up, Lexus spent $16,000 on it. It is much more advanced than a SVT motor.

Last edited by UCrazyKid; 10-11-17 at 06:31 AM.
The following users liked this post:
ttsport15 (07-27-17)
Old 07-27-17, 07:07 AM
ttsport15
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by UCrazyKid
Yes, some forged parts, titanium valves, oilers for the back of the pistons, higher tolerances than all other toyota/lexus motors (except LFA and other F engines). And the head was designed and built by Yamaha and not used in anyother car. The RCF uses a different head and has other significant differences. When I had my motor rebuilt from the ground up, Lexus spent $16,000 on it. It is much more advanced than a SVT motor.
I guess buying this and sending engine out to be freshind up could get very expensive
Old 07-27-17, 07:10 AM
UCrazyKid
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Quadrphnia
I had to see this one. Records attached. Looks like all the usual suspects... valley plate, water pump, squeaky brakes...
This guy is just like me when it comes to alignments - never satisfied. I like him.
Many of the early cars had a chronic drifting to the right problem. Alignments would not fix it. There was service bulletin for different castor blocks, that would not necessarily fix it. With my car the drift to the right did not go away until the dealer shifted the front subframe, it was not aligned properly when the car was assembled. My car has tracked perfectly ever since. The ISx50's use a subframe the that has locating pins on them to assure perfect alignment with the unibody, the ISF uses a different subframe, it does NOT have these guide pins and they cars were not always assembled with the care it takes to get it all lined up correctly. I had to complain repeatedly (4 or 5 visits) to the dealer when the car was new and escalate it to the top service manager to get it fixed. His master tech kept saying it was not possible because of the guide pins... until he dropped the subframe and learned that the car didn't have those...
Old 07-27-17, 07:30 AM
imp0rted1
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by PatrickISF
I didn't see anything related to a transmission service in these records. Still impressive!

maybe the proof is in the pudding now?
Old 07-27-17, 07:32 AM
UCrazyKid
Lexus Test Driver

After reviewing the records my only concerns for this car were:
1. his oil service interval was 10,000 miles
2. complaints of car over heating resulted in radiator replacement (any damage from over heating?)
3. It has been driven year round (snow tires requested many times) in a state with severe snow and highly salted roads

From a general review of ISF:
1. I am surprised to see the rear calipers and 1 front caliper (Brembo) having problems with seizing and needed replacement (perhaps due to snow/salt climate)
2. In frequent oil changes did not seem to effect the cars longevity
3. From pictures, the interior has held up well.
4. no transmission services or problems
5. some people actually buy tires from a car dealer
6. Exhaust manifold crack can be repaired? Says resealed on service report.
The following users liked this post:
RCB (07-31-17)

Quick Reply: ISF... with 333,000 miles