Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts

It's identical to RR's handheld.
The following users liked this post:
JPxMODz (08-03-17)
Old 08-03-17, 12:44 PM
3nergiz3d
Intermediate

Received 53 Likes on 49 Posts

Looks like these guys are tuning as well. They promise a lot more flexibility on user tuning parameters they want, but that hasn't been proven yet.

https://www.ovtuned.com/collections/...handheld-tuner
Old 08-03-17, 01:04 PM
JPxMODz
Lead Lap

Received 111 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by 3nergiz3d
Looks like these guys are tuning as well. They promise a lot more flexibility on user tuning parameters they want, but that hasn't been proven yet.

Looks like the identical unit that Vishnu Performance uses. I used OpenFlash Tablet on my BRZ and it allowed the user to view real time stats using the handheld tuning device. No need for torque pro anymore!
Best of all you could run data logs and forward your info to the tuner for further tweaking

Last edited by JPxMODz; 08-04-17 at 10:11 PM.
Old 08-04-17, 12:15 PM
Max16
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm running the TTFS tune.
I bought everything in March 2016, sent my ECU to them. Got it back to see that the O2 sensors weren't disabled. They agreed to send a handheld so I can flash myself. I had a hard time with the handheld at first. DIMsport (manufacturer of the handheld) had to chime in because it was unable to retrieve my dataset.
All in all, I bought in March and my car ran fine for the 1st time on June 27th.

I had a good communication with TTFS but Frank looks to be super busy. I made this choice because he had a very good reputation with BMW and other cars in regards of tuning.
If I had to do it again today, I'll probably choose RR because they are still active with us.
TTFS told me they will come up with a transmission tune but never did.
Old 08-04-17, 12:42 PM
liquidtek
Advanced

Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Max16
Frank told me the same thing. He was supposed to come out here to see me and Figs and to help with my high altitude tune stuff but never did. Kinda when I lost faith in Frank since he's one guy and too busy with too many things on his plate and Lexus is at the low end of his priorities.
Old 08-04-17, 12:57 PM
Max16
Pole Position

Originally Posted by liquidtek
Frank told me the same thing. He was supposed to come out here to see me and Figs and to help with my high altitude tune stuff but never did. Kinda when I lost faith in Frank since he's one guy and too busy with too many things on his plate and Lexus is at the low end of his priorities.
I emailed him few months ago to get an update, never got an answer.
Took contact with a rep and here's the reply:
Attached Thumbnails Is anyone running the TTFS tune...?-ttfs.jpg  
Old 08-04-17, 01:39 PM
gc86
Lexus Test Driver

Going to do a bit more research on these guys, maybe I'll be the guinea pig for their tune.

I'm running the TTFS tune.
I bought everything in March 2016, sent my ECU to them. Got it back to see that the O2 sensors weren't disabled. They agreed to send a handheld so I can flash myself. I had a hard time with the handheld at first. DIMsport (manufacturer of the handheld) had to chime in because it was unable to retrieve my dataset.
All in all, I bought in March and my car ran fine for the 1st time on June 27th.

I had a good communication with TTFS but Frank looks to be super busy. I made this choice because he had a very good reputation with BMW and other cars in regards of tuning.
If I had to do it again today, I'll probably choose RR because they are still active with us.
Thanks for sharing. I can't blame the rep for responding in that manner though...

Originally Posted by liquidtek
That's a shame, perhaps things would of panned out differently if Frank went through with that.
Old 08-04-17, 01:58 PM
F_Throttle
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

I came from the M side too, and I stuck to the bigger brands: Dinan or even Turner.. I'd take the other's warnings here. You don't want your car sitting for months, while they scrape together time to diagnose your tune.
Old 08-04-17, 03:20 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 405 Likes on 256 Posts

The attached thumbnail you attached says it all, they left the Lexus community.................. and honestly they have no one else to blame but themselves for the customer service they gave some members here who bought their tune then left them high and dry!

No love lost there as RR has taken care of this community quite well
Old 08-04-17, 04:53 PM
gc86
Lexus Test Driver

I reached out to OV tuning and it looks like they're releasing dyno graphs on the 18th for the IS F tune.

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
The attached thumbnail you attached says it all, they left the Lexus community.................. and honestly they have no one else to blame but themselves for the customer service they gave some members here who bought their tune then left them high and dry!

No love lost there as RR has taken care of this community quite well
True.. but even RR has received tough scrutiny and skepticism along the way.
Old 08-04-17, 05:59 PM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

Lettuce not forget who told us flash tuning via OBD was high risk and no possible while TTFS had a handheld proven and available.

RR already had a name established, and won the crowd. Can you blame them for not paying needless vendor fees for a tiny profit margin on a forum already biased towards RR. I get the same vibe between PPE and Sikky.

M forums saw the same thing, and even had the admins and mods sand bagging up and coming companies to favor their big name vendors/sponsors.

Its a business and gotta go where the money is. I applaud them for even diving into it seeing as it was a fresh R&D investment for them.
Old 08-04-17, 10:31 PM
samjones
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by FFM
Lettuce not forget who told us flash tuning via OBD was high risk and no possible while TTFS had a handheld proven and available.

RR already had a name established, and won the crowd. Can you blame them for not paying needless vendor fees for a tiny profit margin on a forum already biased towards RR. I get the same vibe between PPE and Sikky.

M forums saw the same thing, and even had the admins and mods sand bagging up and coming companies to favor their big name vendors/sponsors.

Its a business and gotta go where the money is. I applaud them for even diving into it seeing as it was a fresh R&D investment for them.
I agree....there's no money to be made from the Lexus community for TTFS. Why should they invest any more time towards the transmission tune? Doesn't make any financial sense. I got my tune fairly quickly, the communication was great, and the tune "works" . I got no complaints!!
Old 08-13-17, 06:18 AM
QuickIS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just purchased the TTFS tune on July 13, 2017. I sent the stock file once I received my OBD Handheld on July 29, 2017 and had no issues.

Frank personally did the file to send to DIMSport on August 1, 2017 and I am now waiting on DIMSport to send it back to TTFS so I can receive it via email from TTFS.

I have FBO's and you can see the specs of my 2008 is350 on my profile page.

I just got my tune on Saturday, August 12, 2017 and installed it. I asked Frank via email what exactly he was able to tune with my request sheet and here is the email Frank sent me with my response and his reply....

QUICKIS:
I have loaded the tuned file and it looked like the handheld flashed it properly.
The note on the file said, “tuned” when I wrote it to the vehicle.
So I assume my stock file would say “stock” on the note, correct?

Can you tell me what you were able to tune?

Transmission response/ throttle mapping?
Air fuel Ratio?
Rev limiter?

The car feels smoother when I shift with revs on powerband.
And with my mods what do you feel are realistic WHP numbers? 15hp, 18hp?

Sincerely,

Timothy Krohn
tkrohn7766@yahoo.com

FRANK REPLY:

Hey Tim,

Yes throttle, timing, fuel have all been adjusted, also in maunuel
Mode the rev limit it increased. You should see 15-20 whp

Best,

Frank Smith
Old 08-13-17, 05:55 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 254 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by QuickIS
I just purchased the TTFS tune on July 13, 2017. I sent the stock file once I received my OBD Handheld on July 29, 2017 and had no issues.

Frank personally did the file to send to DIMSport on August 1, 2017 and I am now waiting on DIMSport to send it back to TTFS so I can receive it via email from TTFS.

I have FBO's and you can see the specs of my 2008 is350 on my profile page.

I just got my tune on Saturday, August 12, 2017 and installed it. I asked Frank via email what exactly he was able to tune with my request sheet and here is the email Frank sent me with my response and his reply....

QUICKIS:
I have loaded the tuned file and it looked like the handheld flashed it properly.
The note on the file said, “tuned” when I wrote it to the vehicle.
So I assume my stock file would say “stock” on the note, correct?

Can you tell me what you were able to tune?

Transmission response/ throttle mapping?
Air fuel Ratio?
Rev limiter?

The car feels smoother when I shift with revs on powerband.
And with my mods what do you feel are realistic WHP numbers? 15hp, 18hp?

Sincerely,

Timothy Krohn
tkrohn7766@yahoo.com

FRANK REPLY:

Hey Tim,

Yes throttle, timing, fuel have all been adjusted, also in maunuel
Mode the rev limit it increased. You should see 15-20 whp

Best,

Frank Smith
That's for your F or IS350? Solid gains. Feel it (besides the smoother shifts)?

V.
Old 08-14-17, 01:01 AM
blackisF08
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

i will be going this route soon and can't wait to compare it to my friends with the rr tune. will keep you guys post it