IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Is anyone running the TTFS tune...?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-17, 03:00 PM
gc86
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Is anyone running the TTFS tune...?

I know RR is the go-to among the community but being a E46 guy I can't discount Frank Smith's product. Only thing is I've seen maybe at most, two dyno sheets circulating the forums and not a whole lot of user feedback.

If you're running the TTFS tune, please chime in, I'd like to hear first hand impressions. If you can post a dyno sheet along with baseline, altitude, mods and gas octane rating that would even be more helpful.
Old 07-31-17, 06:29 PM
liquidtek
Advanced

Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts

AFAIK I was probably the only active forum member to my knowledge with this tune. I'm sure there are others but no body bothered to post about it. If you search you'll see my thread if you haven't already. I've since moved to the RR tune since I went FBO and have no complaints. If you didn't notice they've pretty much went dark on the Lexus community.
Old 08-01-17, 01:09 AM
gc86
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by liquidtek
AFAIK I was probably the only active forum member to my knowledge with this tune. I'm sure there are others but no body bothered to post about it. If you search you'll see my thread if you haven't already. I've since moved to the RR tune since I went FBO and have no complaints. If you didn't notice they've pretty much went dark on the Lexus community.
I did see your thread and comments about the tune, thanks for posting. I also noticed they didn't renew their vendor status :\ kind of a shame.
Old 08-01-17, 06:00 PM
samjones
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I have their tune and I'm very happy with it and their customer support as well.
From one of my posts a while back: Tuned by TTFS with their handheld device. No cooling off time between runs other than the 5mins it took to load the tune. The car runs better (quieter) and feels faster as well (proven gains per dyno and not just butt dyno). I believe I was on 91 octane when I did the dyno

Current Mods: hps elbow with oem filter, borla cat back exhaust, rr racing oil&air separator
Old 08-01-17, 06:34 PM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

The day I grab a tune I'll likely go TTFS for the same reasons. Came from the M community and know his work. Great tuner and happy to support.
Old 08-01-17, 07:18 PM
Jz39
Advanced

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by samjones
I have their tune and I'm very happy with it and their customer support as well.
From one of my posts a while back: Tuned by TTFS with their handheld device. No cooling off time between runs other than the 5mins it took to load the tune. The car runs better (quieter) and feels faster as well (proven gains per dyno and not just butt dyno). I believe I was on 91 octane when I did the dyno

Current Mods: hps elbow with oem filter, borla cat back exhaust, rr racing oil&air separator

Dyno'ijg with 91 octane? Why??!
Old 08-01-17, 07:21 PM
gc86
Lexus Test Driver

I saw your thread, thanks for posting! was the 354 horsepower before the tune? that seems a bit low given your mods (elbow, borla).
Old 08-01-17, 08:19 PM
samjones
Driver

Well the whole purpose of doing the dyno was just to see if the tune delivered as advertised and to keep the ISF community updated (don't forget the tune was only released recently and everyone was looking for proof on numbers). I'm not concerned with the numbers too much since before I got the tune, I did some pulls with my buddys stock ISF and I always kept pulling on him in every gear. So the gains on the upgrades I did are there but just not as much as some/others claim. TTFS were great tho, I got no complaints. They provide you with a tune based on your own files, not a generic tune.
Old 08-01-17, 08:24 PM
Weapon F

Received 250 Likes on 136 Posts

A set of headers should put you between 410whp to 420whp.
Old 08-01-17, 08:35 PM
gc86
Lexus Test Driver

Well the whole purpose of doing the dyno was just to see if the tune delivered as advertised and to keep the ISF community updated (don't forget the tune was only released recently and everyone was looking for proof on numbers). I'm not concerned with the numbers too much since before I got the tune, I did some pulls with my buddys stock ISF and I always kept pulling on him in every gear. So the gains on the upgrades I did are there but just not as much as some/others claim. TTFS were great tho, I got no complaints. They provide you with a tune based on your own files, not a generic tune.
Yes very true. How was the process done? did you extract your software via their OBD tuner and send them the file to tweak it?
Old 08-01-17, 09:31 PM
samjones
Driver

Originally Posted by gc86
Yes very true. How was the process done? did you extract your software via their OBD tuner and send them the file to tweak it?
Exactly that ... fast and easy.
​​​​​​And I would love headers but I'm a little concern about the fumes / odour.
Old 08-02-17, 01:31 AM
isfvss
Racer

Received 143 Likes on 114 Posts

What sort of dyno gives that print out ??
Old 08-02-17, 02:28 AM
autoz4me
Pit Crew

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by isfvss
What sort of dyno gives that print out ??
Looks like a Dyna-Pack read out too me.
Old 08-03-17, 06:40 AM
QuickIS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

I just ordered this tune last week and waiting to install it to my IS350 this week. I hope it gives me around 15whp-18whp....
Old 08-03-17, 08:38 AM
JPxMODz
Lead Lap

Received 111 Likes on 70 Posts

Can someone post a pic of their handheld tuning device ?

Quick Reply: Is anyone running the TTFS tune...?