IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Lexus isf to camaro zl1....a farewell

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-17, 01:12 PM
chrisp1
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

The ZL1 is the first Camaro that I really think looks nice. It’s an extremely Capable track car and did very well in the best drivers car competition against a host of other amazing vehicles. One thing that confused me was how slow it was in the quarter mile. It makes 650 hp and 650 lb-ft of torque but ran 11.7@123. That’s pretty terrible for a car making that kind of power. Maybe it’s because of the alignment or a few other things I don’t understand, but it was quite surprising to see a Porsche that makes 300 hp less and 341 lb-ft of tq less run only 3 tenths and 8 mph slower
Old 09-28-17, 01:56 PM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by Diesel350
Are the Audi S6's with a tune reliable enough for a daily driver? With a tune those things are a beast I bet. You looking at like 550 HP in a Luxo boat right?
My buddy daily drives his APR FBO S6 and hasn’t reported any issues. It also runs an 11 flat if I’m not mistaken and doesn’t even have to turn off the seat massagers lol.

My other buddies FBO APR S4 just ran an 11.8 with a botched launch. Apparently they can cut a 1.5ish 60’ that puts you down in the mid 11’s. He got it used with all the goodies for around 40k haha. Steal.
Old 09-28-17, 03:23 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 404 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by Vitveet

But no need in bashing F model cars now that you don't own one any longer and moved on....100% reminds me of one of my close friends who's girl left him for another guy a few months ago and now he's all of a sudden talking about how small her ***** are, how bad she was in bed, how this and that on her stunk.........but NONE of that was a problem while you two were together!! Suddenly it's all an issue when the relationship (ownership) is over...doesnt make sense, lol.
Isn't this quote the truth! I don't know why guys do this when they move on to another platform considering he never upgraded to FBO and possibly a S/C to max out the ISF and have something way more rare than a Camaro where you blend in even with 650 hp IMO....

Originally Posted by FFM
My other buddies FBO APR S4 just ran an 11.8 with a botched launch. Apparently they can cut a 1.5ish 60’ that puts you down in the mid 11’s.
AWD with boost does wonders for 60' times and resulting quarter mile eta's
Old 09-28-17, 03:47 PM
chrisp1
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

AWD with boost does wonders for 60' times and resulting quarter mile eta's[/QUOTE]

Exactly why I moved on. 0 to 60 in under three seconds, 11.1@125 and can drive through 6” of snow
Old 09-28-17, 04:13 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 404 Likes on 256 Posts

^^^^^^Lol I don't blame you! The GTR's are a ***** F.....n beasts with mods
Old 09-28-17, 05:57 PM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

But they pretty ugly. Would daily R8 though.
Old 09-28-17, 07:55 PM
jspecvtec
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

u traded in the F!? damn, i hope your motor blows and u come back...i was looking forward to the 25th track day of the F
The following users liked this post:
s2kjer (10-04-17)
Old 09-28-17, 08:01 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Thanks for being part of the IS-F Community and sharing your wealth of knowledge with others. I don't even drive the car daily as a matter of fact, it's a weekend car but every drive is amazing.

Have fun with the ZL1, I drove a 2013 but I hear many improvements were made since then. 6 speeds are fun.

Good luck and be well!
Old 09-28-17, 08:35 PM
AndrewISF
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

I still feel like one of the best parts of owning an ISF are the looks of wonder and amazement and questions people have about it. When most people see a ZL1 there is an expectation that it is fast and you'll hardly ever be the 'underdog' in a race. I love coming down the lane after a pass on the track, rolling down my window and hearing some of the folks reactions as I pass by: "Is that a Lexus?" "What kind of Lexus is that?" "How did that beat XXX car?" “That must be James Bond in there” . These comments always put a grin on my face and I'll get an even bigger one when someone knows what it is! I'm sure people love seeing a unique car as well out running with the hordes of Mustangs, Camaros, Challengers and the rest of the usual suspects.

*shameless plug*

I've got plenty of my races on my IG: @isfaster

Last edited by AndrewISF; 09-29-17 at 09:24 PM.
Old 09-28-17, 11:59 PM
Piciu
Rookie

Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Congrats!

Congrats on your new ride! This Camaro looks awesome, is quick etc, but please don't compare it with Lexus cars - time to 60 or laptime is not everything. Now hothatch can get close to IS-F performance (e.g. Audi RS3 or BMW M140i), times have changed.

IS-F is a great car, but I'm disappointed with it on the track (in OEM form). I believe your new Camaro will be much more focused.

I'm slowly approaching the moment that I will trade my IS-F too. The main reasons are:
- not enough space for me and my family - we got Volvo XC60 diesel which is great car for driving A to B with no emotions, just a tool, comfy, non-problematic, economical etc. The result is that I'm almost not driving my F anymore , unless I'm alone
- in IS-F I'm missing manual transmission - I would never get again automatic as a 'toy car'
- IS-F is too heavy on track and too expensive - will probably get 350Z or BMW 130i and strip it, also thinking about new Miata / GT86
But still I can't make final decision and sell my IS-F - every time I see it in my garage it is growing on me - it shows how good this car is overall

Anyway, enjoy, have fun and drive safely!
Old 09-29-17, 06:11 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,388 Likes on 638 Posts

Originally Posted by Diesel350
Are the Audi S6's with a tune reliable enough for a daily driver? With a tune those things are a beast I bet. You looking at like 550 HP in a Luxo boat right?
Audis can be fast when tuned, for sure... but all I know is this: (1) Even die hard Audi fans will admit the car does not hold up well after warranty mileage and (2) A few days ago I'm driving on a highway in Mexico, and a 2016+ Audi S4 (3.0T) is trying very, very hard to stay in front of me, and I easily pulled on him. I was in our Supercharged 2014 IS350 F-Sport, Stage I tune running only 6psi boost. We are making 360whp on the Stage I setup. Car is sooooo fun to drive, especially with the "sleeper" factor!

Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 09-29-17, 06:26 AM
Quadrphnia
Advanced

Received 133 Likes on 87 Posts

Comparing a Camaro to the LFA? Bashing fanboy-ism & even slipping in a few digs against the ISF... after all your post history? Oh, I8ABMR.
Remember, what is written cannot be unwritten. Enjoy your Camaro & your next forum.
Old 09-29-17, 06:28 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,242 Likes on 1,361 Posts

Leave the personal comments out of this thread please.
Old 09-29-17, 06:41 AM
AndrewISF
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by RRRacing
Audis can be fast when tuned, for sure... but all I know is this: (1) Even die hard Audi fans will admit the car does not hold up well after warranty mileage and (2) A few days ago I'm driving on a highway in Mexico, and a 2016+ Audi S4 (3.0T) is trying very, very hard to stay in front of me, and I easily pulled on him. I was in our Supercharged 2014 IS350 F-Sport, Stage I tune running only 6psi boost. We are making 360whp on the Stage I setup. Car is sooooo fun to drive, especially with the "sleeper" factor!

Rafi
What is the expected release date for the supercharger kit for the 350 platform?
Old 09-29-17, 12:53 PM
Helo58
Pole Position

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by RRRacing

Rafi
I saw the teaser for the supercharged 350 a while ago. Is there a thread on the CL forums with updates. I didn't notice any on the RR Racing website either. The idea of a supercharged RC350 (is this is a future possibility) is appealing. I would love to know more. Also have done some research since first reading this post... As far as new is concerned, nothing touches the ZL1 under $75k (and some higher) with the exception of other Chevys, notably the Corvette Grand Sport.

Quick Reply: Lexus isf to camaro zl1....a farewell