IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Another custom Magnaflow muffler option 11366 or 14363

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-17, 09:12 AM
Neggert
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Another custom Magnaflow muffler option 11366 or 14363

I have had the ISF for 6 months and am now ready for some more rumble. I have read numerous posts were people have many issues with fitment of aftermarket mufflers such as Magnaflow or Borla. Most of the muffler bodies are 20inches overall and the body is 14 inches. Most people say it barely fits but can be made to work. I was seeing if anyone had any experience with the magnaflow 14363 (polished) or 11366 (satin finish) 4x9 oval muffler. It has a slightly shorter Oval body at 17inches overall with a body of 11 inches. I currently have deleted second cats and mid resonator. The whole mid pipe was changed and I am not sure what brand. The mid pipe does have two small resonators.
The main reason if this post is to document my fitment and to see if others have any experience with this specific muffler.
Old 10-05-17, 09:15 AM
Neggert
Driver School Candidate

Here is a picture of the muffler
Old 10-24-17, 03:55 PM
Magnaflow
Former Sponsor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Hi Neggert, thanks for your interest in Magnaflow products. We cannot confirm if those units will fit since we have not yet tested them with your application, but they are rather small and should work when in the hands of a capable exhaust shop. We commonly use the larger 4x9x14" for most muscle car and sport compact applications and rarely run into issues with space. Please keep us updated with your progress!
Old 10-24-17, 04:33 PM
Neggert
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Magnaflow
Hi Neggert, thanks for your interest in Magnaflow products. We cannot confirm if those units will fit since we have not yet tested them with your application, but they are rather small and should work when in the hands of a capable exhaust shop. We commonly use the larger 4x9x14" for most muscle car and sport compact applications and rarely run into issues with space. Please keep us updated with your progress!
These smaller 11366 mufflers fit fantastic. The muffler shop had much more room to play with. No rubbing issues anywhere. The sound is perfect in my opinion. Not overly loud at all with a very noticeable growl now. I just yall made this same offset muffler with the dual tip.
The following users liked this post:
Magnaflow (10-26-17)
Old 10-25-17, 06:35 AM
rmillsISF
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can tell you what I know from my Magnaflow install...

I used the 12226. If I did it again I'd go the same length muffler, but large and round. I'd go with the 12616 6" round mufflers. The mufflers I had barely fit and had to be twisted just right, but did work out. The sound had a little more rumble than stock. If you want louder, go with a smaller muffler. If you're doing headers, then stick with something this big, trust me on that. What really made it around 3x as loud was the PPE headers. With just the mufflers it wasn't near the volume, but the sound was awesome. I did cut and redo the Y pipe as it's very inefficient and all piping from there back.

PPE with Magnaflow

Magnaflow only
The following users liked this post:
Magnaflow (10-26-17)
Old 10-25-17, 12:10 PM
Neggert
Driver School Candidate

I must have listened to your YouTube video 100 times before I bought my mufflers. It sounds amazing. I will likely never buy headers. Thanks for the reply.
Originally Posted by rmillsISF

I used the 12226. If I did it again I'd go the same length muffler, but large and round. I'd go with the 12616 6" round mufflers. The mufflers I had barely fit and had to be twisted just right, but did work out. The sound had a little more rumble than stock. If you want louder, go with a smaller muffler. If you're doing headers, then stick with something this big, trust me on that. What really made it around 3x as loud was the PPE headers. With just the mufflers it wasn't near the volume, but the sound was awesome. I did cut and redo the Y pipe as it's very inefficient and all piping from there back.

PPE with Magnaflow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuUfTLrcwZ8

Magnaflow only
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twRbLaccOB0
Old 10-25-17, 01:13 PM
Fsport416
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did a custom setup using Magnaflow also. I had the OEM "Y" section removed and a custom one made with flanges for the mufflers. I have two sets of mufflers 4in round PART # 14156 and the 6in round PART # 14158. Depending on what kinda of mood I'm in I can switch mufflers for different volumes. I picked this type because they hide behind the fake tips, even painted the black too. As far as sound the 4in are the louder ones. 6in are louder than stock when your having fun but easy on the ears when chillin on the highway.
Good Luck!
Old 10-25-17, 01:43 PM
rmillsISF
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Fsport416
I did a custom setup using Magnaflow also. I had the OEM "Y" section removed and a custom one made with flanges for the mufflers. I have two sets of mufflers 4in round PART # 14156 and the 6in round PART # 14158. Depending on what kinda of mood I'm in I can switch mufflers for different volumes. I picked this type because they hide behind the fake tips, even painted the black too. As far as sound the 4in are the louder ones. 6in are louder than stock when your having fun but easy on the ears when chillin on the highway.
Good Luck!
How big is the difference in sound of the 4" vs. 6"? Curious
Old 10-26-17, 01:29 AM
hamooduae
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Which one did you go with ?
Old 10-26-17, 11:06 AM
Magnaflow
Former Sponsor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Neggert
These smaller 11366 mufflers fit fantastic. The muffler shop had much more room to play with. No rubbing issues anywhere. The sound is perfect in my opinion. Not overly loud at all with a very noticeable growl now. I just yall made this same offset muffler with the dual tip.
We're glad to hear that they worked out well and youre satisfied with the sound, Neggert!

Originally Posted by rmillsISF

PPE with Magnaflow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuUfTLrcwZ8

Magnaflow only
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twRbLaccOB0
Wow, that sounds REALLY nice! Thanks for sharing your setup!