IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

RR Racing Exhaust with Bazooka Tips

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-17, 08:59 AM
ISFHEMS
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RR Racing Exhaust with Bazooka Tips

Installed my new exhaust on Tuesday, I’ve done 200 miles since and love the way it sounds! This thing is loud and definitely turns heads!

I highly recommend and thanks to Rafi for helping me out!

http://www.rr-racing.com/Borla-Compl...isfexh0003.htm

I’ll try and get some better videos next week!

Last edited by ISFHEMS; 11-17-17 at 09:01 AM. Reason: Added link
The following 3 users liked this post by ISFHEMS:
iH8RICERZ (12-11-23), inovashn (12-11-23), RRRacing (11-21-17)
Old 11-17-17, 09:43 AM
LexusfanVA
Instructor

Received 262 Likes on 159 Posts

Sounds very menacing! Do you have headers or resonator delete, or pretty much just Borla with the bazooka attachment?
I am considering this setup in the spring. How is the drone inside the car around town, on highway, etc? Possible to talk on bluetooth while driving?
Old 11-17-17, 11:44 PM
ISFHEMS
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusfanVA
Sounds very menacing! Do you have headers or resonator delete, or pretty much just Borla with the bazooka attachment?
I am considering this setup in the spring. How is the drone inside the car around town, on highway, etc? Possible to talk on bluetooth while driving?
I have stock headers, this system is RR Racing's own, it's similar to the Borla but it's a true dual exhaust. It is 2 straight pipes eliminating the secondary cats and has 2 small resonators in the middle which leads out to 2 dual tips. There is a better description on the RR Racing website.

Drone isn't too bad and I can hold a normal conversation on bluetooth without raising my voice. I may look into sound deadening the trunk and under the rear seats at a later date. Overall though, I think this system sounds incredible and the videos don't do it any justice!
Old 11-18-17, 09:13 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,933 Likes on 1,362 Posts

^^^^The Borla is a True Dual system.
Lou

Last edited by flowrider; 07-01-24 at 06:52 PM.
The following users liked this post:
JPxMODz (11-18-17)
Old 03-26-18, 09:05 AM
LexusfanVA
Instructor

Received 262 Likes on 159 Posts

Since I've installed this since I posted I figured I would add to the thread now with more experience. I tried the magna flow RR racing tip exhaust, but was unable to make the tips fit, thus I ended up straight-piping the muffler portion of my borla but leaving the stock tips(the RR Racing wouldn't fit with my tom rep diffuser), making it a cheap version of the Bazooka albeit with a slightly different resonator. Loudness, it's there, but with a good gnarly sound like most any pony car with an exhaust. Certainly more throaty, and in traffic when it's decelerating and has some back pressure, a light touch of the throttle results in a pretty nice pop/backfire. Drone is there, but not much more so than the Borla stock cutback which already drones to me. It's still well worth it, and it's very capable to carry on a conversation on the phone or in person. I wouldn't feel out of place taking a client out as long as the revs are under 2500(easy enough with the V8). On the highway, there's no drone unless you give it 50% throttle while keeping it in a taller gear. In some ways, it's less drone than the regular Borla, especially when decelerating. I've since put about 1k miles on it and have a feeling it's gotten quieter. I will say this, I absolutely hate drone, but I love the exhaust now and get thumbs up nearly daily. Even the fiancee has approved it after it's calmed down a bit within the first few hundred miles.

Before doing the muffler delete we contemplated simply having a dump exhaust, where it just points down right after the resonators, but the sound was too much in the center of the car, and it was louder as well. The Borla muffler delete/bazooka now seems perfect for me.

To put on a scale to better clarify:
Stock exterior loudness: 2
Stock interior loudness/drone: 2
Borla catback exterior loudness: 4
Interior: 4
Borla Muffler delete exterior: 7 (10 being fully straight pipes with headers)
Interior: 5

Of course review is worthless without video, so here is a quick one of mine:
https://youtu.be/BcqZ366q3CE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REo4SBnXqoA

Last edited by LexusfanVA; 05-30-18 at 08:46 AM.
Old 03-26-18, 11:44 AM
5LITERV8YO
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Since I've installed this since I posted I figured I would add to the thread now with more experience. I tried the magna flow RR racing tip exhaust, but was unable to make the tips fit, thus I ended up straight-piping the muffler portion of my borla but leaving the stock tips(the RR Racing wouldn't fit with my tom rep diffuser), making it a cheap version of the Bazooka albeit with a slightly different resonator. Loudness, it's there, but with a good gnarly sound like most any pony car with an exhaust. Certainly more throaty, and in traffic when it's decelerating and has some back pressure, a light touch of the throttle results in a pretty nice pop/backfire. Drone is there, but not much more so than the Borla stock cutback which already drones to me. It's still well worth it, and it's very capable to carry on a conversation on the phone or in person. I wouldn't feel out of place taking a client out as long as the revs are under 2500(easy enough with the V8). On the highway, there's no drone unless you give it 50% throttle while keeping it in a taller gear. In some ways, it's less drone than the regular Borla, especially when decelerating. I've since put about 1k miles on it and have a feeling it's gotten quieter. I will say this, I absolutely hate drone, but I love the exhaust now and get thumbs up nearly daily. Even the fiancee has approved it after it's calmed down a bit within the first few hundred miles.

Before doing the muffler delete we contemplated simply having a dump exhaust, where it just points down right after the resonators, but the sound was too much in the center of the car, and it was louder as well. The Borla muffler delete/bazooka now seems perfect for me.

To put on a scale to better clarify:
Stock exterior loudness: 2
Stock interior loudness/drone: 2
Borla catback exterior loudness: 4
Interior: 4
Borla Muffler delete exterior: 7 (10 being fully straight pipes with headers)
Interior: 5

Of course review is worthless without video, so here is a quick one of mine:
https://youtu.be/BcqZ366q3CE
Oh YEAH! That sounds good. I need an exhaust next!
Old 12-11-23, 10:36 AM
Isfisaiah
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust

Originally Posted by ISFHEMS
I have stock headers, this system is RR Racing's own, it's similar to the Borla but it's a true dual exhaust. It is 2 straight pipes eliminating the secondary cats and has 2 small resonators in the middle which leads out to 2 dual tips. There is a better description on the RR Racing website.

Drone isn't too bad and I can hold a normal conversation on bluetooth without raising my voice. I may look into sound deadening the trunk and under the rear seats at a later date. Overall though, I think this system sounds incredible and the videos don't do it any justice!
Hopefully someone can get me on answer on this but I am thinking of getting that setup but just wondering you also got the

magaflow cats as well
Old 12-11-23, 03:30 PM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 226 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Isfisaiah
Hopefully someone can get me on answer on this but I am thinking of getting that setup but just wondering you also got the

magaflow cats as well
I currently have the PPE headers, borla catback system but had magnaflow cats installed later on, + the rr bazooka tips. Not sure what your question is though.
Old 12-11-23, 03:38 PM
Isfisaiah
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust

Originally Posted by iH8RICERZ
I currently have the PPE headers, borla catback system but had magnaflow cats installed later on, + the rr bazooka tips. Not sure what your question is though.
my question was when you had posted that video was that with just the catback system and your stock ppe, but I know on the website they also give an option to include a magaflow catalyst converter and I was asking if you also had that installed when you had posted that video
Old 12-11-23, 05:52 PM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 226 Likes on 82 Posts

my question was when you had posted that video was that with just the catback system and your stock ppe, but I know on the website they also give an option to include a magaflow catalyst converter and I was asking if you also had that installed when you had posted that video
Oh, I'm not the OP (original poster) so I have no idea since this is an old thread; 6+ years old. Looked like in the video, he was on stock headers with borla catback and rr bazooka tips. I'm sure if he had magnaflows installed from RR, he would've mentioned it.
Old 12-12-23, 11:13 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,401 Likes on 643 Posts

magaflow cats as well

If your question is about the Magnaflow cats he says in the description you quoted that he does not have any cats installed in the midpipe. Just the resonators that are standard on the system.

-Justin
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube