IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

2009 is f!!! Or do i wait???

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-17, 12:10 AM
Howiefied
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Most people who’ve gone the earlier models I’ve seen have probably easily spent the difference in mods (rims, suspension etc). I knew if I went an earlier F I would’ve done the same so bared with my is250 a little longer until I could spring for a MY2013. Definitely no regrets.
Old 12-31-17, 05:26 AM
chrisp1
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Wait and buy a gtr...��
Old 12-31-17, 10:08 AM
JETMIKE007
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes I think I wait a little longer........... A GTR would be nice but way out of my budget
Old 12-31-17, 12:21 PM
sc3dreamin
Pole Position

I decided it was worth it so spend more/wait for a 2011 car for all the upgrades you get over an 08....but im the type of person that would buy the 08 and have to do the LSD, coil overs, headlights, etc right away
Old 12-31-17, 02:16 PM
chrisp1
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by JETMIKE007
Yes I think I wait a little longer........... A GTR would be nice but way out of my budget
I was just joking when I said that but in my opinion it’s worth it to wait for a 2011 and up. That’s what I did and loved every minute of the three years that I owned my 2011 isf
Old 01-02-18, 07:56 AM
LexusfanVA
Instructor

Received 263 Likes on 159 Posts

I'd go ahead and get the older one if it's what you want. I have no regrets getting my 08 with 29k miles for a very reasonable price. Anything 11+ within 50k miles of it was easily $5-10 grand more, especially with similar miles. Suspension didn't matter since I wanted coils anyways, and I was not a fan of the newer alcantara seats or the nike headlights. Bluetooth was an easy fix. I also upgraded the wheels, exhaust, intake, and various aesthetics with the saved cash. Yep, I have no 10+ LSD, but sadly of all the 29k miles I've put on it in the past 13 months, I can count on zero hands how many times I've made it to the track. Car is cheap to daily imo, it gets better MPG than my previous V6 and it puts me in a good mood every single day. These cars are rare and searching for a year/color combination will keep you looking for many months. Even a stock 08 is a joy to drive compared to what you're probably driving now, so I'd say as long as it's clean and in your price range, it's worth a shot!
Old 01-02-18, 08:37 AM
sc3dreamin
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LexusfanVA
I'd go ahead and get the older one if it's what you want. I have no regrets getting my 08 with 29k miles for a very reasonable price. Anything 11+ within 50k miles of it was easily $5-10 grand more, especially with similar miles. Suspension didn't matter since I wanted coils anyways, and I was not a fan of the newer alcantara seats or the nike headlights. Bluetooth was an easy fix. I also upgraded the wheels, exhaust, intake, and various aesthetics with the saved cash. Yep, I have no 10+ LSD, but sadly of all the 29k miles I've put on it in the past 13 months, I can count on zero hands how many times I've made it to the track. Car is cheap to daily imo, it gets better MPG than my previous V6 and it puts me in a good mood every single day. These cars are rare and searching for a year/color combination will keep you looking for many months. Even a stock 08 is a joy to drive compared to what you're probably driving now, so I'd say as long as it's clean and in your price range, it's worth a shot!

yea, it all comes down to what you want, if the upgrades the 2011 offers dont really appeal to you than it doesnt make much sense to spend more money on a 2011 vs a 2008.

If you are going to buy an 08 and spend money on a LSD, suspension, upgrading headlights and other various parts makes more sense to just buy a 2011 IMO.

I personally like the alcantara seats, the LED headlights look more modern to me, the 2011 wheels I like better, and obviously the major things are the LSD and suspension overhaul that put the ISF on par with a M3 in 2011 so thats how I justified spending a little more than I wanted too on a 2011
Old 01-02-18, 09:08 AM
Jondls33
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

I was in the same dilemma, pull the trigger on a good deal 08/09 or wait a little for 11'+. I talked myself to waiting and not settle. I literally was online searching 4-5 times a week for a good 14-15 months before I found the right one and purchased it. Don't settle because once you purchase, you're going to wish you waited. unless the upgraded suspension/ cluster/ seats/ Bluetooth/ wheels/ LSD/ sport button (which mattered to me) doesn't matter to you. Then pull the trigger and save money. none the less they're all the same beasts
Old 01-02-18, 09:34 AM
breakeroh
Rookie

Received 32 Likes on 13 Posts

I can understand the anxiety, there are not many available. I was shopping for valve in price and mileage, but always stuck with my initial criteria, must have LSD model because I intended to track it a few times, although it is my daily i still wanted the option and I have tracked it a couple times and love it. In the end I went after the one I exactly wanted a 2012 black, no sunroof, red interior, 27k miles and yes I paid more for it but I have absolutely no regrets spending more for it than the other choices I had. It is my daily and I enjoy and look forward to driving it everyday!
I would spend a little more to get what you want if you can stretch the budget or wait, but with the limited supply I can understand when you think you found a low mile pre 2010 can be good. You can always upgrade any parts from the new model.
I love the daytime Nike headlights and the center tachometer layout, it reminds me of Ferrari tachometer layouts.
Old 01-02-18, 04:40 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 254 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by breakeroh
I can understand the anxiety, there are not many available. I was shopping for valve in price and mileage, but always stuck with my initial criteria, must have LSD model because I intended to track it a few times, although it is my daily i still wanted the option and I have tracked it a couple times and love it. In the end I went after the one I exactly wanted a 2012 black, no sunroof, red interior, 27k miles and yes I paid more for it but I have absolutely no regrets spending more for it than the other choices I had. It is my daily and I enjoy and look forward to driving it everyday!
I would spend a little more to get what you want if you can stretch the budget or wait, but with the limited supply I can understand when you think you found a low mile pre 2010 can be good. You can always upgrade any parts from the new model.
I love the daytime Nike headlights and the center tachometer layout, it reminds me of Ferrari tachometer layouts.
Quite sure 99.99% of the people out here likes the LED headlights MUCH better than the earlier years....let's be honest with ourselves here,...they look much more modern and up to date. Also the black housing on the LED headlights just seal the deal. I didn't consider anything under a '12 when buying my F a few years ago. Center speedo was a must for me, along with the steering wheel housing the sport button. Red interior was my deal breaker (white exterior) so definitely took me well over a year to find the perfect car for me. Just don't be in a rush and BUY WHAT YOU WANT!! Shop for a car, not for a price. You'll make that $2k to 3k or 5k back in no time. Money is made to be spent....spend it on something you truly want. And like someone else said above, why "settle"?!?! And you'll regret it Everytime you meet up with and/or see a '11+ F on the road.... If you have the option, go for the gold!

V.
The following users liked this post:
sc3dreamin (01-02-18)
Old 01-02-18, 05:39 PM
sc3dreamin
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Vitveet
Quite sure 99.99% of the people out here likes the LED headlights MUCH better than the earlier years....let's be honest with ourselves here,...they look much more modern and up to date. Also the black housing on the LED headlights just seal the deal. I didn't consider anything under a '12 when buying my F a few years ago. Center speedo was a must for me, along with the steering wheel housing the sport button. Red interior was my deal breaker (white exterior) so definitely took me well over a year to find the perfect car for me. Just don't be in a rush and BUY WHAT YOU WANT!! Shop for a car, not for a price. You'll make that $2k to 3k or 5k back in no time. Money is made to be spent....spend it on something you truly want. And like someone else said above, why "settle"?!?! And you'll regret it Everytime you meet up with and/or see a '11+ F on the road.... If you have the option, go for the gold!

V.
yea, im with you, only reason id buy an 08 is to save a few bucks, theres not 1 upgrade on a 2011 that I dont want or like...the headlights are better, steering wheels better, suspensions better, diffs better, wheels are better IMO, seats are better, techs better but there will always be the guy with the 2008 that has to rationalize why he got the 08 over the 11 and thats fine, to each their own. Im just thinking the LSD alone is enough to make me buy a 2010+ car
Old 01-02-18, 06:57 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,951 Likes on 1,374 Posts

^^^^I have an '08 because when I bought it the '09s weren't out yet And oh yes, I think that's just FINE

Lou
Old 01-03-18, 04:56 AM
sc3dreamin
Pole Position

Originally Posted by flowrider
^^^^I have an '08 because when I bought it the '09s weren't out yet And oh yes, I think that's just FINE

Lou

Of course, but you cant tell me you wouldnt take a 2011 over your 2008 if you had the chance and obviously thats a different circumstance than people looking to buy an ISF now in 2018
Old 01-03-18, 08:53 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,951 Likes on 1,374 Posts

^^^^Actually, I wouldn't. With the time and money I have invested, my ISF will be with me for a loooong time. Also, I know it's complete history, that's important to me. BTW, my post was meant to add a bit of humor to this thread

Lou
The following users liked this post:
jdmSW20 (01-03-18)
Old 01-03-18, 10:07 AM
sc3dreamin
Pole Position

Originally Posted by flowrider
^^^^Actually, I wouldn't. With the time and money I have invested, my ISF will be with me for a loooong time. Also, I know it's complete history, that's important to me. BTW, my post was meant to add a bit of humor to this thread

Lou
lol, I understand that, I was more saying if you had a stock 2008 and a stock 2011 sitting there, you would take the 2011. Its a better car, period.

Quick Reply: 2009 is f!!! Or do i wait???